Here are two important bits of news on deals I have posted this week.
Number 1 – The generous transfer rate from Accor to Iberia Avios
As I posted here, this deal is back after a hiatus of a few days. However, Accor has now confirmed that it will end on 28th February and the Iberia transfer rate will align with the BA one. If you have any Accor points, try to transfer them before the end of next month.
Number 2 – The Flying Blue status match
Flying Blue offer is valid until 28 February, 2013 and is only valid for Danish residents
The alternative versions restrict it to Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish residents.
So, you now have two options if you want to take part.
1. Find a friend who lives in Denmark, Norway, Sweden or Finland who will let you use their address
2. Use this rather cheeky method which I outlined in my original post:
1. Create a false Danish street address in your Flying Blue profile
2. Let them match you – the card will be mailed to your fake Danish address, but will take months to be ‘returned to sender’
3. Change your address to your UK address, and request a replacement card from them (not sure if this can be done online, but most airlines let you do it via their website)
It remains to be seen what will happen to people who applied before they changed the rules and the closing date.