The Hilton HHonors credit card gets even better!

If you have been reading Head for Points for a while, you will realise that I am very keen on the Hilton HHonors Platinum Visa credit card.

It is not the greatest card in the world for long-term spending – especially with the recent Hilton HHonors devaluation – but the sign-up bonus is great.

This is the standard package – you get a free night at any Hilton Group property just for spending £750 on the card within 90 days.  If you use this at a Conrad or Waldorf-Astoria hotel, you are likely to get over £200 in value from this.  Importantly, the card is free with no annual fee.

The other short-term benefits are also OK, such as 2,500 bonus Hilton points for your first four stays charged to the card.  Here is my full Hilton HHonors credit card review from a few weeks ago.

However, it gets better!

Hilton Visa

Neil sent me details of this offer.  As you can see, it offers all of the usual benefits of the Hilton card.  You also receive a further 10,000 Hilton Hhonors points on top!  Even post devaluation, I still value Hilton points at £3-4 per 1,000 – more if you use the cash and points option when redeeming – so you are getting an extra £30+ of value by applying via this link.

In theory the link above is targetted to recipients of a mailshot.  In reality, I am pretty sure anyone who uses it will get the extra 10,000 Hilton HHonors points.  You have nothing to lose, since the worst that can happen is that they give you the standard package you would have received anyway.

If you’ve been considering the Hilton card, now is as good a time to get it.  The issuer is Barclays, so it may clash with a Barclaycard or Priority Club credit card if you hold those.

The deadline for this offer is 10th June, so there is no rush.

(To see our complete list of all current credit card bonuses, click here to visit our ‘Credit Cards Update’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

You can still get £15 of free stuff from Starbucks in Heathrow T5C!
Bonus Avios on airport parking with Holiday Extras

Comments

1. Does the free night have any black out days expect it has to be friday / saturday sunday nights?

2. James67 says:

HiRaffles. Do you know if the 2500 points for first 4 stays applies to all Hilton brands? Also, are points awarded on statement during month reservation is made or after completion of stay? Do you think I would get the bonus if I paid a money plus points stay with the card? Thx and have a great weekend.

• Yes, all brands.

The 2500 points post randomly in arrears, they could take some time. They definitely will not post with your stay points.

Not sure if points and money count, my stays were all cash ones when I had the card.

3. Rasheed says:

Hi Raffles, I used to have this card over 6 months ago, can I still re-apply and get the offer again?
    Thanks!

4. BritBronco says:

How long is the voucher valid for?

• James67 says:

The voucher is only valid for 6 months from date of issue so bear that in mind when considering date of application and date when you reach £750 spend to trigger it. I got caught out with this. I assumed the voucher would be valid for a year and was left needing to use it within the winter months when much less useful to me.

• I asked HHonors. The voucher has to be redeemed for a reservation within the six months but the reservation can be for beyond that – I was asking about nine months hence but presume it could be up to 12 months ahead.

5. Superbad says:

Does the cardholder have to use the free night voucher? Was thinking about applying and giving the voucher to my daughter to use

• Should be OK. It is treated like any other Hilton reward. For safety, book for 2 people and put your name and hers on the reservation.

6. Mike Jones says:

Thank you for this! I have just applied and got it, even though I already have two Barclaycards. I think i’ll bag the points and free night on this one and then cancel. I’ve just recently been accepted for the AA cards so I now need to be careful and not apply again for anything for a while. Amex keep refusing me for a Platinum card (even though I have BA PP card) so I suppose I should reduce my card count to show responsibility.

• James67 says:

Amex also refusing me. I am curious why but they will divulge nothing despite considerable probing and appeals on my part. They say it is internal and nothing to do with my external credit rating!

7. Trickster says:

Anyone know whether maccepance is based in household or personal income?

8. You can but ring and ask. Or be cheeky and ring later, claiming you did use that link …

9. The balance transfer offer for this card says:
    0% interest on balance transfers
    If you haven’t already taken advantage of our balance transfer offer, call 0844 251 1000††.
    Just have your Hilton HHonors Platinum Visa Card to hand and details of the balances you’d
    like to transfer. (Offer is available for 60 days from account opening. A 2.99% handling fee
    applies, minimum charge £2.99.) You can transfer between £100 and 90% of your credit
    limit. To retain this 0% rate, you must stay within your credit limit and make at least your minimum payment on time each month. We’ll arrange the balance transfers as soon as possible.†††

††† Balance transfers are subject to status and must be made within 60 days of account opening to qualify for the 0% interest offer. You won’t pay interest on this offer as long as you make your minimum payments on time and repay it before the offer expiry date. For full balance transfer terms and conditions please click here.

An expiry date isn’t mentioned – it just says to keep paying to retain the 0% rate. Is this an indefinite offer?

• Very odd! Are they giving you a 0 per cent rate for 3 years? You need to pay the minimum 3 per cent each month so it would take you 3 years to get down to zero!