A new Amex / Foursquare deal launched for May – spend £50, get £25 back

A new Foursquare and American Express promotion has been launched, although Amex hasn’t bothered to tell us about it!

This time, it is for upmarket cosmetic and beauty product chain SpaceNK.

The new Foursquare deal gives you a £25 credit on your American Express statement when you spend £50 at SpaceNK.  The deal runs until 30th May.

Foursquare

For the first time, Foursquare has restricted the number of people who can take part.  Registration is limited to the first 2,000 people.

This clearly isn’t a life-changing deal, but if you buy upmarket cosmetics then this will save you some money.  And, of course, cosmetics have a long shelf date so you can buy items now to use later.

If you are new to Foursquare, full details of how to register for Foursquare promotions and sync your Amex card can be found in this Head for Points post.

Priority Club Black Visa - a small but very useful improvement
'Credit Cards Update', updated

Comments

1. Thanks for the heads up! It’s my mum’s birthday this month so this is ideal :)

2. Seems to be gone already. We have one in Nottingham but there is no “special” attached to it, just the sign in

3. Do they sell gift cards?

4. Bishopsgate is out of Acqua di Parma 1kg candles before anybody rushes.

5. I have a feeling the Amex+Foursquare gravy train is running out of steam.
    Ah well, it was fun whilst it lasted.

Maybe some more interesting/useful deals will re-appear in the run up to Christmas.

• The possibility of using 4 cards to maximise the Amex/FS specials was the only reason I haven’t canceled my Amex Gold Rewards cards. I will dump them now to start the 6 months before I can apply again.

6. Rome77 says:

The first 2000 to load the special on Foursquare? Or the first 2000 in-store transactions? Either way, how would you know that you’re in the first 2000?

7. DavidB says:

It says first 2000 enrolments on the app so would assume that means the first 2000 to load it. Just worked for me in Bishopsgate.

• Don’t get how it can show up for some on their app and not for others. I would have loaded 4 amax cards to this as my wife always shops there.
      I have always found the foursquare app clunky to say the least.

• Just got an email back from FS when I queried this. Seems as though Amex determine which areas receive the offer and guess where they have decided to concentrate on.

• Linda says:

Andy. Search SpaceNK on 4square and it should bring up any local stores. I just did this for Leeds as it was not showing up on Specials. I’ve loaded the deal onto 2 of our 5 cards no problem. Will do the others in the morning if the offer is still available.

• Thanks Linda, actually thought of that last night and found one in London. Checked in this morning and will be grabbing £200 worth of gift cards today.

8. courster says:

Thanks Raffles! Grabbed a £50 gift card on my way back home from the the big smoke this morning.

9. Colin A-B says:

Anyone know if you can purchase online having checked in & still avail of the offer, like when you could with the Starbucks deal previously?

• You can – but min order for free delivery is £60 otherwise delivery is £5. I’ve done 16 orders online – all tracked on foursquare. I just checked into my local branch.

10. Can you sync the Amex gold charge card to this deal? or is it just credit cards?

• GOld charge cards work as long as they are personal (ie not business) accounts.

11. Just got myself an Acqua di Parma cologne which is normally £53. Great offer for cosmetics/ perfumes which are the same price everywhere and rarely reduced.

12. Rome77 says:

WARNING!

I placed seven gift card orders online across seven different AMEX cards, each at £60 to get free delivery. All transactions tracked fine on the Foursquare app. Do note that AMEX has now changed the T&C for this offer and now specifically exclude online transactions:

“Online transactions are excluded from this campaign.”

I am pretty sure that exclusion was not there a few days ago. Anyway, I went ahead to cancel my orders with SpaceNK. I could perhaps tried fighting for these cash backs, but I don’t feel up for the fight this time around…