Claim your £10 East Midlands Trains vouchers (meaning ‘almost free’ trains to Luton Airport)

I recently received an email from East Midlands Trains offering me a £10 voucher off any future train trip with them.  I received this because I do, once or twice a year, take the train up to Sheffield to see family.  East Midlands Trains was clearly missing me ….

(East Midlands Trains runs from London St Pancras to Sheffield, but also covers Nottingham, Doncaster and Chesterfield amongst other places.)

I didn’t think much else about it, until it was pointed out to me that ANYONE can claim one of these £10 vouchers.  All you need to do is visit this website.  You will receive an East Midlands Trains promotional code immediately.

East Midlands Trains

Looking at the terms and conditions, this East Midlands Trains discount code is meant to be restricted to people who received the original email.  However, anyone who completes this form will receive a voucher.

The terms and conditions are OK:

You must book by May 31st

You cannot use it for First or Standard Class Anytime tickets or London Day Out tickets

Your trip must include East Midlands Trains for all or part of the journey

The voucher CAN be mixed with Railcard bookings

The obvious thing to do here is to book a return trip as two single journeys, so you would save £20 on a return.

Note that East Midlands Trains serves Luton Airport Parkway so this is a great way to get to Luton Airport cheaply.

New list of uninspiring Amex Platinum member events loaded on the website!
Up to 3,000 Clubcard points (7,200 Avios) with Samsung tablets - TODAY only

Comments

1. esperluette says:

when you say book by 31 may does this mean that the journey itself can occur AFTER 31 may?if so one could book until sometime in early august?
    tx
    fawzia

2. esperluette says:

When do I need to travel by when using an offer?

You must book your ticket by the end date specified and your journey travel date can be within three months of the booking date.

3. esperluette says:

if you want two vouchers you need to use two different email addresses. sorry if this is obvious to others!

4. No harm trying!

• Sir Stamford says:

Very sorry for the late reply, I only just saw this. No worries, messages get mixed up or misunderstood sometimes. :)

I do want take the opportunity to thank you for the excellent blog and I try to make a small contribution here whenever I can.

Sir Stamford

5. Michael says:

Has anyone successful got the code to work? Having followed the instructions in the received email the money doesn’t come off the total and their appears to be no where on the East Midlands trains website to actually insert the code.

Michael

• Flashware says:

You have to click the actual link in the email. I redeemed successfully earlier today.

• Michael says:

That’s what I was doing. Lo and behold tonight it works. London to Sheffiield and back for a tenner! Thanks raffle!

6. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Was there a deadline to claim codes? Worked first time, tried to get another one over the weekend using a different address, but no email.