Promotional code for £15 off a £100 British Airways European flight with Clubcard Perks

(EDIT:  A lot of people now come to this post via Google.  If you did, then Hello!  Once you’ve read the post below and claimed your discount voucher, please do stick around and take a look at some of the other great deals that I write about on Head for Points.  You can sign up to receive new posts by email, or simply pop back every day – there are normally 3 new posts each day, 7 days a week.)

Clubcard Perks is a new Tesco initiative to bring extra benefits to Clubcard holders, however often (or not) they actually shop in Tesco!

British Airways is providing one of the six initial offers. You can claim a British Airways discount code worth £15 off a EuroTraveller (Economy) European flight of £100 or more.

BA £100 off

The deal is easy to claim. Go to this website and order yourself a voucher. A special BA discount code will arrive by email within about 15 minutes.

The time frame for redeeming the vouchers is as follows:

Book before 31st July

Travel before 13th December

Discount is worth £15 per person, so you only need one voucher per group

Note that the promotional code is only valid on British Airways flights departing from the UK. This means that you cannot split a £200 flight into two separate one-way bookings and save £15 on each leg.

You MUST be a Tesco Clubcard member in order to receive a British Airways discount code. However, if you are not a member, you can easily join up for free.

£5 discount off £15 rail ticket (including Heathrow Express) with Clubcard Perks
New Club Carlson May-July promotion announced

Comments

1. Damn! Wish I had seen this last night..just booked a euro trip!

• Tom, you have a 24 hour cancellation window for your booking. Get the code make another booking then ring and cancel the first booking

• vindaloo says:

If you booked it direct with BA (and didn’t bundle it with a car or hotel) you can use the 24 hour cooling off period to cancel (by telephone only) and then rebook online.

2. Typo alert!

Travel must take place by 13 December (not 31), so not available for short trips over Christmas.

3. flyforfun says:

Can you use this with the BA Shareholders discount? Can’t see anything in the T&C’s excluding it.

Just checked on FT and looks like it’s still available for pre-merger holders – unless anyone know’s anything to the contrary.

4. I’m finding it hard to see the benefit of BA over Easyjet at the moment for short haul.
    Apart from the free sandwich and can of coke, the only difference i can see is an extra £70 to fly with BA.

• Squire says:

I suppose it all boils down to the cash element. I have an ideological opposition to Easyjet’s £9 booking fee, and hold luggage costs always seem extortionate on ‘budget airlines’. That said, at least they acknowledge that people outside the South East do like point to point flights

• Depends where you live, of course. If I was in the regions I certainly wouldn’t be bothering to change planes at Heathrow to fly BA shorthaul. However, with lounge access at Heathrow for my family, its a no-brainer.

easyJet, like Ryanair, can also be more expensive than BA once you start adding in baggage etc. In London, you also benefit from being able to take the tube to Heathrow, whereas Stansted, Luton and Gatwick require more expensive (for Stansted, far more expensive) overground train services. You’ll also get at least £10 of Avios with any BA return flight plus I get some On Business points as well.

• Squire says:

I find Stansted painfully expensive to get to as well. Gatwick isn’t much more difficult than Heathrow, Luton was surprisingly a lot less than I expected

• Sir Stamford says:

Actually … you may not even get a free sandwich, depending on your destination and flight times!

There is a value calculator on BA’s website – link below. It is obviously laid out from BA’s perspective but it does provide you with an idea as to what may or may not get in comparison to easyJet and Ryanair.

Ultimately, it is down to a variety of reasons including, of course, the differential in air fares. Personally, I would not fly easyJet due to my previous horrible experiences with them when things go wrong but the vast majority of the general public obviously feel otherwise.

Sir Stamford

• Squire says:

I find that easyjet are the honest budget carrier, Ryanair is the one that bends over backwards to catch you out (I like to think of a ryanair flight as a kind of game). But I generally travel solo, and one way, so a £9 fee is a massive percentage increase, whereas for a family I suppose it’s quite low.

5. Thank you for flagging this up Raffles, just the ticket for a flight to Paris for a day of meetings at the end of the month which now works out at half what the Eurostar was trying to charge, even taking into account a night at CDG and the train into town.
    The bonus for me is that I can really enjoy the lounge at Heathrow, nap on the plane, stagger to the hotel and then be very fresh for the following morning!
    Now if only I had a fee-paying BMI credit card to see if this would have allowed the stacking of the two deals!

6. Vincent says:

The voucher code actually works on bookings for Club Europe flights… pretty convenient with the recent launch of the Luxury Seat Sale promotion!!