Cheaper Avios from Shell with 5p off per litre (plus half-price Starbucks gift cards!)

Barclaycard has launched a range of special deals called Bespoke Offers, which are currently being promoted in TV ads.

Weirdly, to put it mildly, you do NOT have to have a Barclaycard to take part in these offers.  Even more weirdly, for offers which require payment, they are even accepting American Express!

Now, Head for Points is not MoneySavingExpert and so this would usually be something I’d pass on.  However, one of the deals is relevant.

Shell

Via Bespoke Offers, you can download an unlimited number of vouchers for 5p off a litre of petrol at Shell.  Each is valid for a maximum of 50 litres per visit.  The vouchers expire on 31st May.

Shell Drivers Club is an Avios partner.  You earn 10 Avios points for every 20 litres of fuel you buy, and I think they still offer a one-off 50 Avios when you register your Shell Drivers Club card and select Avios as your earning partner.

The other Bespoke Offers are less exciting.  However, the one that caught my eye was a £10 Starbucks e-gift card for £5.  If you have a plastic Starbucks Card, you can easily transfer the balance from an e-gift card to your plastic card – if not, you need to print off your e-gift voucher or load it onto your phone and scan it in-store.

There is also £10 off a £50 House of Fraser online purchase, amongst other things.

Etihad Guest launches a UK credit card - is it worth applying?
Lufthansa's 20% bonus for buying Miles & More miles returns

Comments

1. sandgrounder says:

avios.com and shell are also offering 4x the usual points if you fill with premium fuel until the 3rd of June. I’m never sure if these premium fuels are worth the extra, but if you use them it makes this offfer even more attractive.

2. sandgrounder says:

If the offers can be combined of course.

• Sinizter says:

5p off any fuel. So, they can be.

• Can you purchase more than 1 £5 Starbucks voucher?

• Sinizter says:

I did. With 2 different email addresses, but same payment card.

• Can you then add them to the dame Starbucks card or App to increase your balance?

• signol says:

Yes, I bought 2, one in my name and one in my wife’s. I added both ecards to my Starbucks card balance, then deleted the empty e-cards.

3. Johnny5a says:

The Shell offer expires on 28 May.

• Johnny5a says:

sorry – looks like the last day to download the voucher is 28 May and the voucher expires on 31 May

4. Britbronco22 says:

‘If you have a plastic Starbucks Card, you can easily transfer the balance from an e-gift card to your plastic card’
    I don’t agree that this is easy! I still haven’t worked out how to do this. Can anyone explain how? I have registered both my Starbucks card and the gift card on my starbucks.co.uk account, but I can’t see any option to consolidate the accounts.

5. I have downloaded more than one Shell voucher but they all seem to have the same voucher number. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? I can see them all in My Voucher section but they all look the same.

• trickster says:

I believe you can print the same voucher as many times as you like and use it by the deadline of 31st.

6. You can get £20 worth of Shell Petrol for only £10 through this Might deals offer here.. http://www.mightydeals.co.uk/deals/national/Home-Garden/Shell-Drivers-Club-Loyalty-Card-/

• Can you just redeem the points on this to Avios? Would be 2,000 Avios for £10 so 0.5p per point. Not a bad rate.

• Yes, this is good. Post tomorrow.

• AndyWP says:

I’ve just done some reading into ‘MightyDeals’… their business practices are worrying on the face of it… just trying to weigh up if it’s worth the hassle / avios 😮

• Yes, there will be a disclaimer on todays post about this

• This deal is also on MSE it says:-

Warning: In the past there has been some poor feedback in the MSE forums about this company, and while deciding whether to include this deal, we raised those issues with Mighty Deals and asked for measures to be put in place.

To ensure MSE users get the best service it has set up an email address just for us, should any issues arise: customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk. It’s also extended it’s refund policy from seven to 30 days (last day to request a refund is 30 Jun), should you be unhappy about any part of the deal after you’ve bought it.

7. Tesco are doing 10p off a litre of fuel when you spend at least £60, buying 3V cards counts towards the spend.

8. GUWonder says:

Anyway to buy these offers with an Amex, Visa or Mastercard issued in the US?

• Amex does not do country validation, so that may go through. Visa and MasterCard do so generally you have more problems using these when you want to pretend you are living in a different country.

9. DarrenT says:

The House of Fraser ‘Get £10 off a spend over £50’ works a treat with the £50 HoF gift card I got with £25 off with Fourquare… How I love shopping! :-)