Reminder: last date for Clubcard earning for August statements is July 20th

Just a quick heads up that Saturday 20th July is the last date to have Tesco Clubcard points credited to your account before the August voucher run.

Tesco store

If you have a few coupons to use up, you might want to make a transaction today or tomorrow to ensure they get credited by Saturday.

This is especially useful if you are very close to a 50 point multiple, since vouchers are sent out in multiples of 50p with any extra held over until next time.

It is worth remembering that last August, Clubcard was running a 50% bonus on conversions to both Avios and Virgin Flying Club.  Let’s see if anything similar appears this year.

Good Aer Lingus sale deals, inc UK-US in Business for £1400
Now Club Carlson launches a semi-secret 25% Avios transfer bonus!

Comments

1. It sure would be nice if there was another 50% bonus avios conversion.

2. Would you recommend turning off auto conversion then? Also if I do is there a way to convert my vouchers manually.

• Mr Bridge says:

its not a good idea to auto convert from any loyalty scheme, there is always a bonus at some point, even if its once in a blue moon.

I only convert if there is a bonus, I need the miles, or in the case of amex, I am flipping

3. Raffles you must be an early bird. I start work in Dubai at 10:00 and you nearly always have the morning news ready for me. Really fantastic, thank you.

4. Worzel says:

Good point squillion-thank you.

5. Subtotal£48.00
    Basket total £48.00

Clubcard points 48
    Extra Clubcard points 800
    Total Clubcard points 848

2 x now 95 2 x now 30 (since that is a 400 extra bonus for now 95 + now 30 tho only counts once even for 2 sets, + the 200 each now 95, tho only really worth it if you want them anyways, also than can use the £5 off £35 code) to make if £43,

going to see if the extra 400 points are for anything else besides now 95 so could make it 1048 points for £43 still not worth it personally but it would be fine for anyone that wants the cds (i dont)

6. squillion says:

2 x Now85 is 624 points (glitch) so much more attractive IMHO than buying the Now30

7. squillion says:

Adds: and 4 x Now85 would be 1048 points so you could use you MOC

8. CountryKerry says:

I’m really looking forward to this month’s statement! Hoping for an Avios Conversion bonus as well;

£120 in Clubcard Vouchers earned this quarter – my highest yet!

How well has everyone else done?

• What's the Point says:

Across 2 accounts we have earned £251 in CC vouchers this quarter. The vast majority has come from 3V and normal Visa gift card purchases. Which are even better value when you use MOCs!
      Even at a standard conversion, that’s enough Virgin points for o/w Upper Class to the USA + taxes.

• Thats some going, isn’t that well over £5000 in 3v gift cards?

• What's the Point says:

Over 3 grand of 3V cards and 2 grand of normal visa gift cards. It has been a pain the backside to redeem them. But when I am sitting in Upper Class lounge at Heathrow it will be worth the pain!

9. Danksy says:

Squillions….. Im clearly having a blonde moment!! what does MOC mean?

10. Danksy says:

Money off coupon. … D’oh

11. Colin Brown says:

I’m drawn here – can’t decide whether to turn off auto-convert, or keep it on, as there’s some sort of bonus for keeping it on.

• squillion says:

I don’t think there’s an on-going bonus for staying with auto convert. You stand to lose the opportunity to take advantage of the putative bonus Avios conversion promo we’d all like to see.

• My concern is that it is not beyond the realms of possibility that the existing 2.4 rate will reduce. I think it’s been 2 in the past….. we are all holding on to our clubcard points waiting for the bonus offer, but is anyone else a bit concerned that things might get worse rather than better?

• Thomas says:

Whenever there is a bonus conversion promo, they have always offered and added the bonus points onto my account which is set to auto convert, so i have not lost out.
        Is this not the case with everyone ??

• So you mean they backdate your previous conversions and add the bonus onto those too?

• Thomas says:

No. To clarify,
            I have always had auto convert set as default on my account and every bonus promotion has seen the bonus applied automatically. I have not lost out…
            I have no need of the physical vouchers so this just makes it a lot easier.

• But they don’t back date though ?

So anything you convert for a normal rate when the promo is not on stays at the normal rate, saving your clubcard points and converting them all is surely a much better idea ?

12. It’s a no-go. You have to choose one single option for each transaction and since there’s a maximum of £50 per year on CC pay-out it follows that you cannot chose CC points for any transaction over £50, or indeed anything over the proportion of that £50 allowance you haven’t already used.

It will have to be cash, Amazon vouchers or one of the other options.

13. Danksy says:

On a tangent…. But how long does it take for the ore-orde points to appear in your account? I ordered the Diablo iii deal last Thursday but although its in my tesco direct as outstanding u haven’t yet received the points! Do they come when the games are dispatched?

Cheers

• Danksy says:

Sorry….pesky ipad (I meant pre-ordered)

• When the item is in the basket the bonus clubcard points should show up on the screen. Then, as Tesco are taking your cash immediately, the bonus points will be credited to your account in (usually) 2 working days, happens overnight.

Might be worth giving Tesco Direct a call.

• Geoff Richards says:

I agree – all my points for Diablo II posted promptly. Got two lots of 1540 and one 2040 so 5120 total points. No cancellations. So aside from disposing of three copies of a game I never wanted, I feel pretty good (makes up for getting cancelled for Dan Brown Inferno earlier in the year)

• small and unimportant, when disposing of them market them as diablo III not diablo II, you wont get as much for 2

besides that yes the points should of been 48 hours at the most, so best to call tescos direct

14. If I have tesco clubcard £5 rewards voucher sitting in my draw, do I leave them there if waiting for a bonus conversion?

Many thanks

15. Just wanted to ask a question that’s been asked before probably, but can’t seem to find a definitive answer….

I currently have 5176 points in my clubcard account, with no auto-convert set up for Virgin or BA – when the new period starts will those 5176 points from the previous period points carried forward?

• No. You will be posted Tesco Clubcard vouchers for £51.50 with a 2 year expiry date. Put them in a drawer, if you don’t need the miles now, and hope for a conversion bonus. You can convert them to miles via the Clubcard website, or indeed use them for another deal or even (bad value) spend them in a Tesco for face value.

16. danksy says:

I found out what has happened! Somehow a different clubcard was setup on Tesco Direct (which for some bizzare reason wasn’t registered to any of my previous addresses!)

They’ve transferred the points over to my ‘real’ clubcard and I’ve now changed my Tesco passwords!