Win your share of 1m Clubcard points each quarter with My Kitchen

Here is an interesting new Tesco promotion – My Kitchen, running exclusively on Facebook.

Full details can be found here.

Tesco My Kitchen

And this is what they have to say:

Discover new recipes and learn tricks and tips to make the simplest of meals more exciting for you and your family. Collect chef hats along the way to raise your status level in My Kitchen. The higher your status level the more entries you will receive for the monthly prize draw and the more chance you have to win a share of 1,000,000 Clubcard points every quarter.

It all sounds a little odd to me! However, one thing is clear – 1 million Clubcard points is a lot of points. And, as this is a new scheme, there are unlikely to be that many people involved at the beginning. Your odds of picking up a prize should not be too bad – there are 2,000 prizes of 500 points.

It takes 10 seconds to connect the app to your Facebook account, and that is enough to get you entered in the draw. You will need your Clubcard number to hand. Click on a few of the pages and you’ll quickly get a few more entries.

American Express Platinum Cashback Card (UK) - in-depth review
IHG rolling out 'elite member gifts' on every Holiday Inn etc stay

Comments

1. erico1875 says:

Thats a dead link, Raffles

2. thesaver79 says:

I can’t work out how to get more than one entry into the draw

• Get more chefs hats by viewing previous weeks recipes etc. I got 4 entries with 100 chefs hats.

• It’s possible to get 5 entries (if you can face losing the will to live) by clicking on all the archive recipes and also uploading any photo and entering a caption.

• well if the archive goes back 32 weeks then I reckon you can probably work your way up to 7 or 8 entries. I myself just lost the will to live after getting to 6 (250 hats)!!

• Nick Burch says:

How did you get that many? I looked at all 32 weeks archive recipies, which was 64 hats, then looked the the recipies for this week, and submitted a caption competition entry, but that’s only 90…

• Nick Burch says:

Ah, I’ve got it! Go to a week from the archive, then there’s not just the one recipie that’s shown immediately, but there’s one for every day that week, along with an Ask The Experts

• Shouts to the guy who uploaded a photo of the BA Galleries lounge.

3. I know its not the best connection but if you are thinking about food then maybe drinking wine with that food will come to mind. There is a Tesco deal, with an error on their part, giving 1330 points for £66 spend on wine. The deal ends tomorrow. Go to the multi buy bananza and add two 6 bottle cases. This gives you 50% off on two or more cases. Use the code, XXPKCG. This code gives you 1000 points on a spend of £100. Tesco’s systems have a bug in that the code recognises the pre discount price of over £100 :) In addition there is tripple points spend on all wine and for some reason this gives an additional 330 points (5 x £66) with the 1330 total or 3192 avios.

• Jens Moller says:

Nice – thank you

• Cheers for this. Not been much on the wine front lately and I was just going to settle for triple points.

• Thanks for the heads up. I’ve helped myself to those bonus CC points.

When I entered the code, it was accepted but stated an expiration date of 10th September and not 1st September.

Cheers,
      Adey

4. Damn it, I’m 4 hats short of 5 entries, but can’t find the two things I haven’t clicked on yet!

• Nick Burch says:

After a lot of clicking, one “Fridge Magnet” comment, but no photos or friends referred, I’m up to 588 hats / 8 entries. You’ve got a few more to go!

• I found the daily recipes!! I’m up to 500 hats/ 8 entries now. Don’t think I’ll make the extra 250 (!) for the next level.

5. I take it we are automatically entered into the quarterly and monthly Clubcard prize draws, as there is no enter button. Do we forfeit our Clubcard entries if we enter the monthly draw for the Kenwood food processor, or is this a separate competition?

6. squillion says:

Nice one, Gordon.

Bit scared of the wife and her dislike of my wine hoard at the mo, gotta be said – but that’s great points

7. squillion says:

Not sure I can resist – that’s nearly half a European flight lol

8. squillion says:

Wahay lol

2600 points for cheap wine = great Avios

9. squillion says:

I will get right royally told off on Thursday if she is around.

Otherwise shed.

10. oli reaction says:

When I add the 2 multibuy bonanza wine cases the cart doesnt remove 50% and still shows £132 right through to checkout, anyone else having this problem ? cheers :)

11. A little bit of automation and I have 604 hat in less than 2 minutes 😉

12. Another competition, 5 people will win 1 million Tesco Clubcard points when they spend £60 on their Amex cards twice in Tesco by the end of October:

• These are possibly not convertible to Avios though.

• They’ve done this before – offered CC points as prizes but with small print which makes it clear you are effectively getting a Tesco gift voucher instead. £10k is a lot to spend at Tesco as well …. I think I’d be starting my own ipad resale business on ebay after clearing out Tesco Direct ….

• Raffles, please could you verify that this is real? The URL looks very dodgy… “amexnetwork.com”

• It’s legit – I’ve used it quite a few times before, it seems to be where Amex post a lot of their deals.

13. Wouldn’t converting £10k Tesco gift vouchers into B&Q, Next etc… gift cards earn you 30k cc points.

You could then set up a gift card business on ebay.