Buy Hilton Gold status for just $49 !

Here is an interesting offer if you are interested in getting Hilton HHonors Gold status.

Hilton Gold is generally seen as the best of the mid-tier hotel statuses, because it offers three genuinely useful benefits:

Free breakfast (except at Waldorf-Astoria)

Free internet

A (pretty much guaranteed) upgrade

Hilton Gold

Hilton is currently offering a free trial of Gold until Christmas in various targetted promotions, but if you didn’t receive those then you can’t take part. In which case, this offer may work instead.

Online travel forum Milepoint (a very-much smaller version of Flyertalk) is currently offering Hilton Gold as a benefit if you sign up for their Premium membership package. This costs $49.

There are offer benefits included as well (National car rental status, 1000 United Airlines miles) but it is the Hilton Gold card which will attract most attention.

The link to the Milepoint subscription page is here (deleted as now dead). Hilton Gold will run until February 2015, so you actually get 16 months of status for your $49. This is a pretty good deal and would pay for itself in just one Hilton stay, assuming two people both got free breakfast.

(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Iberia's new A330 business class seat and the Velazquez lounge reviewed
British Airways '£100 off Club Europe' promotional code now working

Comments

1. thanks alan

2. Simmonds87 says:

What would happen if I have a booking already made with standard status? Would the gold rulings apply to a previous booking as long as I turn gold before checking in?

• Often not, you may need to email the hotel to tell them. I once got Gold benefits on a stay which was booked when I was Gold but had dropped to Silver by the day of the stay ….

• Simmonds87 says:

Thanks for this! – I’ve taken the plunge as it looks like the email from BAEC was never going to arrive (knowing my luck it will tomorrow!)

Hopefully I will be awarded Gold before my stay at Heathrow Terminal 5 in a few weeks!
        Fingers crossed!

• In my experience newly acquired status is automatically applied to any existing bookings you may have.

3. Amy Rideout says:

I paid $49 for my dad on Saturday 12th October and his Hilton HHonors account turned Gold overnight (17th), which is just in time as they have a stay at a Hilton property on Sunday night.
    I’m pretty impressed, as it took longer for me to turn gold via the Hilton HHonors platinum Visa card!

4. Chris Sutter says:

Another data point – I paid last Saturday (12th) and turned Gold just now (18th). Not bad considering they said 8-12 weeks!

• I’m the same as Chris and Amy, I paid last Saturday (12th) and my GF turned Gold last night

No points through or National upgrade yet

• EvilGazebo says:

And another here – bought 12th/13th and now Gold. But in typical fashion it’s the National status I really want quickly so I can make an Exec Aisle booking!

5. Simmonds87 says:

Yes, mine has worked already too! – Time to book!

6. KilburnFlyer says:

I’m a now a proud Hilton Honors Gold Member! Top work raffles.

Want to check out the Hilton Buenos Aires on my BA First Class trip to the world cup (booked on a 2for1 avios voucher, of course) LHR – GIG in F, EZE – LHR in J :)

• I really like that hotel – excellent food in the Exec Lounge and great location. Enjoy your trip!

7. I too had about a 4 day turnaround to get Gold status.

Quick question as I’m not that familiar with the Hilton rewards programme… I’m staying in the Elara in Vegas for 5 nights next month, but have booked through Lastminute.com as they were about 35% cheaper than Hilton directly. I wasn’t gold at the time and didn’t pay much attention to the rewards etc due to this. So my question is, for about £130 extra, should I cancel my lastminute booking and book directly with Hilton? I can’t see where I find out what I’d earn with HHonors Gold, or what that means in terms of what I could redeem. Any advice?

• Received wisdom (ie what I read elsewhere although I’ve never tried it myself) is that Hilton is more generous than other hotel groups at recognising status benefits if you book via third parties. I certainly wouldn’t swallow £130 just to change to a direct booking UNLESS it was a long stay (say, a week) and so the benefit of 14 free breakfasts and free internet would kick in – and there is a chance you might get it anyway. Vegas hotels are very fluid with upgrades as well – generally stuffing the reservation clerk a $20 tip works wonders, eg http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthewing/2013/01/17/tipping-at-checkin-for-hotel-upgrades-in-las-vegas-and-around-the-country/

• Thanks Raffles…

I’ve had 2 failed attempts previously with the $20 trick, but will give it another go.

One final question – as I don’t have a physical card, do I just quote my HHonors membership no. to them?