3 x £15 iTunes gift cards in Tesco for £35, plus 150 Clubcard points

Until Sunday, Tesco is running a special promotion on iTunes gift cards.  When you purchase 3 x £15 cards, you pay just £34.99.  That represents a decent £10 saving if you are a regular iTunes user.

iTunes gift card

More interesting, though, is the ability to combine this with Tesco’s offer of 150 bonus Clubcard points for buying £50 of gift cards.  This offer has been running for over a year now, and I have written about it numerous times, eg here.

Because the iTunes gift cards go through at £34.99 for three, you will need to add a £20 giftcard on top – for anyone (except Tesco itself) – to get you over the £50 level.  This is well worth it, however, given that you would earn 360 Avios or 375 Virgin Flying Club miles.

These will make decent Christmas presents for iPhone / iPad owning youngsters, if nothing else.

Step-by-step guide to redeeming your Shangri-La Golden Circle points (and Week 3 reminder)
20,000 SPG points (=25,000 Avios points) sign-up bonus back on the Starwood Amex!

Comments

1. Also avoid blinkbox cards; I believe they do not attract the points.

2. Or double points if you’re in your first year of Amex Gold.

3. Is there a limit to how many itunes vouchers you can buy? I’d like 6 vouchers not a crazy amount.

• Sinizter says:

6 vouchers shouldn’t cause a problem. If it does, just buy one set and walk around the store and buy another set.

• Jon Connell says:

I just bought 6 £15 vouchers for a 20 quid saving at my local store. Blokey at customer services was very helpful, but was not aware of the promotion.

4. Do we know how long this offer is on for? I’m not back in the UK until next weekend (15th onwards.)

5. What's the Point says:

Slightly related – I had noticed that the some of the 3V stocks have been replenished at the end of last week. But revisiting the same stores this week, they had all gone!

6. Or, heaven forbid, people just have different spending habits to you.

I’m personally not interested in wine so 1000 bonus points is irrelevant to me. If I’m going to spend money somewhere Tesco sells giftcards for however, why wouldn’t I get them?

7. olybeast says:

What about those that don’t buy wine but do spend money on iTunes? God forbid

8. The 3V cards are mainly used by people who need to hit the sign up spend on a new credit card.

If you’re in Tesco anyway and you see them, it is not exactly a massive strain to pick them up.

9. I am sure the Tesco here has a small sign that Apple ITunes Cards are not part of the 150 point offer. Judging by all the comments above, I must be worng.

10. There was a good number of 3V in Kettering Tesco the other day – but they clearly do sell well, and are only restocked every fortnight or so….

11. I bought £450 worth of B&Q gift vouchers in Tesco the other day using my BA Amex card. This got me 1350 cc points which I think becomes 3240 Avios. Then add the 675 from Amex earns me a total of 3915 Avios. I then drove the 300 yards (needed the car) into B&Q and bought my new flooring with the £450 vouchers. If I had just bought the floor directly using the 241 on the website I would have only got 900 plus 101 on my Tesco Visa Card.
    So, is it a case of getting desparate or using a little effort when appropriate?

• Jon Connell says:

Am I misremembering that purchases in Tesco on the Tesco card get more points?

• Saw this offer the other day, I found a lonely 3v card and was looking for something to go with it, ended up going for a B&Q gift card. That’s good to know they are active straight away, I think some of the others gift cards like Homebase take a couple of days to become active.

12. Many thanks for drawing my attention to this offer. A £10 saving is not to be sniffed at, and I used my Amex Gold as well. That’s a few stocking fillers sorted out.

13. One assumes you are oblivious to the ongoing ways of effectively getting these points for no overall outlay.

14. Spend £50 on wine and get 1,000 points…? I can’t see that offer. Can you point me in the right direction?

15. Another nice post from Raffles – worked fine for me today. Thanks

16. Off topic but Tesco related- has anyone had the points post for the life assurance offer they ran back in March.
    I know there was a delay but I would have expected something by now?

• What's the Point says:

My first batch of 1,250 points posted yesterday for the £5 per month life assurance.

17. Not quite as good, but this week the offer is 10% off £25 iTunes vouchers. It makes the maths easier in the you just need to add 2 of these and your choice of £10 gift voucher to trigger the 150 point bonus.

18. Looks like the 150 bonus Clubcard points for buying £50 of gift cards offer is going to change very soon to 100 bonus points when you spend £20 or more on a single card.

T&C’s say Visa branded cards are excluded, big question is whether they will actually be.

• A very big question!! Here’s hoping they aren’t – had a nice ‘helping hand’ discount on my last one too 😀

• I got a £15 off a £100 shop voucher in my last mailing which I managed to use today with 4 cards, threw in a bit of shopping as well. I’ve got lots of helping hands now which I’m hoping to use next week, just need to find a friendly check out assistant!

• Wow. This offer gets more and more generous. I am 100% convinced Tesco is doing this to inflate its (declining like for like) revenues to impress the stock market! Time to stock up on Pizza Express gift cards ….

• I think I would rather have the old offer to be honest.
        I get Pizza Express vouchers through Clubcard Rewards (perhaps controversial on this site) and I am still finding 3V cards in a few stores- if they remove the 150 bonus points then that will be the Gift Card option removed for me.

(Apart from Boots and Homebase when they have promo’s on).

Time will tell….