Some impressive business class deals in the Qatar 2-4-1 sale (inc Maldives for under £1,000 each)

Qatar Airways is currently running a ‘2-4-1’ sale on business class seats from a number of European destinations. Some of the prices on offer are very, very attractive indeed.

(Remember that Qatar is now a oneworld partner, so you earn Avios and British Airways tier points when you fly. I will be writing about the earnings rates, and a ‘double Avios’ promotion, tomorrow.)

Here is the link to the sale fares.

Qatar sale

From London, standout deals includes £3,100 for two people to the Maldives. Remember that, on the leg to Doha from London, Qatar runs its new Boeing 787’s with its new business class, as I wrote about here. £3,163 to Bangkok for two looks good as well.

However, deals get even more attractive when you start outside the UK – although Qatar does not always run its newest planes on these routes.

This link shows the fares from Paris.

They are offering a pretty amazing fare of €2,685 to Bangkok – and that is for two people! Maldives is an astonishing €2,260 – that is under £1,000 per person for business class flights during peak season.

(To put this into context, as Qatar is currently giving out double Avios points, your £1,000 return to the Maldives would also earn you about 26,500 Avios as well! That is based on 3,200 miles to Doha each way, 2,000 miles to Male, 1.25x mileage earned for business class and the current double Avios promotion which I will feature tomorrow.)

Other deals may be available from other European gateways if you have a play with the Qatar website.

You need to book by 14th November, for travel before 31st March.

Exclusive: Amex 'Small Business Saturday' cashback details revealed
What I got for my birthday (including a free Melia night!)

Comments

1. What exchange rate are you using right now?

• The current exchange rate @ http://www.xe.com is 1.197 so using this brings it to well under 1K pp.

• Erico1875 says:

£1000 works out at 1.13 so to be under , marginally, above that

• £934 is not “marginally” under £1000 – this is how much I would pay with the Capital One Classic Extra Mastercard if I booked today.

With Nationwide Select Visa I would pay £940.
        Using the Lloyds Avios Amex, you’d pay £952 and get 1190 avios.
        Using an Amex Amex, you’d pay £981 and get 981 MR (or maybe 1962 or even 2943)

2. wow, thats impressive. hopefully something similar can come up for our dates.

Looking for deals to JNB in april. Currently can’t even get a reward seat to reduce costs as return is at easter!! 2 adults and 3 kids proving expensive but can’t bear economy so please somebody come up with a sale :-)

3. phreegreens says:

MEL for £4,333 (for 2!) inc. taxes in January is far from shabby either. Plenty of dates price up as well.

4. Paris-Phuket for EUR2030 for 2 is an even better deal than Male (and you can probably find somewhere to say without remortgaging your house if you go to Thailand…)

5. where2travel says:

Qatar do not run their 787 aircraft (with the new very nice looking business class cabins and seats) from MAN, CDG or BRU and it’s usually on just one rotation from LHR. They do run it from FRA, MUC, CPH, ZRH, OSL and some of the fares from these cities are cheaper so worth a look.

6. Ironbark says:

This is a great deal, under £3800 for 2 to Melbourne from Paris. Unfortunately they are unable to add children to the booking, it’s strictly 2 adults, so we couldn’t take advantage.

• They told me there was no problem at all booking a separate infant ticket and associating it with the 241 booking (which does have to be done online though) – they even gave me the quote for teh infant. In the end I decided to use my AA miles to book Etihad however as I dont want to have a huge amount of miles sitting around gradually depreciating.

• Ironbark says:

I have heard Qatar customer services can be hit and miss, maybe I’ll try ringing them again. The man I spoke to was emphatic that the fare was just for 2 adults, there was no way to book an infant or child. I booked the Qantas 2 for 1 a few years ago, and it was no problem to add another person, at a reduced price too!

7. Blackberryaddict says:

I’ve booked LHR-DOH-PVG for work – have to go with a colleague so this works out very well. With the double miles you get around the same as BA direct, and much more than Finnair. Plus 540 TPs is not to be sniffed at.

I had kind of given up on a leisure trip, but the ex-eu is a good tip. I have done it on BA, and had looked at RJ ex-CDG, but this is an even better deal.

QR seems to run a lot of promotions – any idea if they will repeat the 241?

8. These are very good fares! That’s a lot of avios! definitely worth booking with QR if you need to go to any of those places soon

9. I have been trying to do some searches from Paris but always get a really high price not what it is being advertised. Is there a Promo code or something like that?

10. I can get a return business class from Paris to Melbourne for just over £3,700 for two for a trip at the back end of March. This is £1,000 cheaper than flying from London, so will be using 18,000 Avios (fee voucher from Lloyds Duo card earlier his year) and £70 on a Flight saver return to Paris. Result. Will hopefully use my Amex Gold card and double up on membership rewards as well. Only 4 days to make our mind up! All this is possible thanks you Raffles!!

11. For the dates I’m looking at in late Jan, LON-KUL is £1869 for 1 passenger and £3260 for 2 passengers. It is a good price, but it’s a stretch to call it “2-4-1”.
    The second passenger is supposed to pay taxes, but can the taxes be £1300 ?

12. Managed to get 2 Business Class from MUN to MEL in late Jan, plus it’s on the new Dreamliner for £3400 – amazing! Thank you Raffles!!!!!!!

13. I’m obviously being dense as the sale fares disappear when I try to choose the flight.

• Riaz Shah says:

Same happens to me with flights from Paris to JNB… :(

• It seems to not give the companion voucher as an option. I’m going to play around with dates a bit more. UK seems to work but is more expensive. Ideally we’d depart ex-GVA so we could do ski/sun combined. I did just get a CHF 51.2m fare which I thought was a touch high 😉

14. Drat. Could not get their site to give me the dates with the fare. Any other good business deals exUK to SYD flying next two weeks?

15. Just to add that Qatar have just announced a new route, flying out of EDI. Great news for avios collectors in Scotland.