Book the 5-star Sofitel at Heathrow Terminal 5 for just £88

Lastminute.com is currently running a special promotion on its ‘Top Secret’ list of unnamed London hotels.

The link to access the deals is here.

In theory, the hotel name is meant to be secret.  However, as Lastminute is now listing the exact number of TripAdvisor reviews that a particular property has, it is very easy to work it out!

This hotel is the Sofitel at Heathrow.  There is no doubt about it from the number of TripAdvisor ratings – and, in any event, plenty of people have already booked it and discovered it was the Sofitel.

Softel Terminal 5

The price here is a hugely impressive £98.  However, you save a further 10% with the promotional code TRIALTOPSECRET.  This takes the hotel down to £88.

This is a very aggressive discount.  On May 13th, a day I picked a random, the cheapest rate on the Sofitel site is £183!

The Sofitel is brand new (well, as old as Terminal 5, so not old at all) and is very well regarded.  Most importantly, it is connected directly to the terminal.

When you remember that taking the dedicated Hotel Hoppa bus to any other hotel at Heathrow will cost £4.50 per person each way, and that no other hotel at Heathrow is anywhere near as nice, it is a no-brainer if you are flying out of Terminal 5.

You need to book by 31st March in order to use the TRIALTOPSECRET code – which will expire earlier if it is used over 4,000 times.  You can book for as far out as the system will show availability at the ‘top secret’ rate.

New IHG PointBreaks list of 150 x 5,000 point hotels below, book from Monday
IHG Rewards Club launches 25% - 100% 'buy points' bonus

Comments

1. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Why would you take the Hoppa bus? Regular London buses are free of charge around Heathrow.

• Although from what I’ve found they don’t go to all the hotels. For example during the day it seemed to be a tube+bus ride to the Doubletree LHR (vs the Hoppa), however at night there was a night bus that would take you right past it – cheaper than the Hoppa! I thought it was more just for one like the HI Arial that the free buses were a possibility?

• Because if you don’t know what you are doing it is the easiest way. I am working on a piece on the free London buses at LHR.

2. Sandgrounder says:

Bagged a similar deal a while ago for a trip in F to Moscow in July. I think it was described as a 5* ‘with excellent access to the terminal’. Looking forward to trying it out, will miss out on Le Club benefits no doubt but asking costs nothing.

3. Can one check-in, leave a car in the car park , and then pick it up a fortnight later at no extra cost?

4. Certainly worth a shot, but suspect probably not. Although saying that I did earn credits and receive a free drink/upgrade when staying there when BA were paying during an irrop!

5. Talking of LHR hotels I have just booked a family member into the Renaissance LHR on 18th April Good Friday for $38 (£23.50) after applying signup credit. I booked through the new online booking site Travelpony. New members get $35 credited to there account if signed up by an existing member . There is no minimum spend required.
    Marriott have the hotel listed at $122 for the same night .

My referral link is http://www.travelpony.com/?rc=ccph

I receive a credit if you book a hotel. Once signed up you will have your own referral link

6. Cardiff John says:

My wife and I stayed one night two weeks ago and we left the car for 4 days all for £140. We felt it was well worth the money. It really is just a short walk to the terminal and there is plenty of large parking spaces available in their underground car park.

7. CapnJack says:

Also worth noting that you can use the Heathrow Express between terminals free!
    Details here:

8. CapnJack says:

I’ve emailed Accor asking exactly this as I’m a plat. with them. I *think* if you can get your a-club number added to the reservation you should be eligible.

• In general, across all chains, it would not count. Hilton and Hyatt generally better than Marriott and IHG, not sure about Accor.

• Interested to hear the result, as I am, too…

• CapnJack says:

Reply this evening as follows:

We received your email dated March 22, 2014.

We refer to your concern about adding your Le Club Accorhotels card number to the reservation you made via lastminute.com. We would like to inform you that we can no longer add your Le Club Accorhotel card number in your reservation. However, you may present your Le Club Accorhotels card upon check in.

9. Great tip, thank you, have booked for our Tokyo holiday this week :)

10. I did exactly this in February 2014 (prior to a trip to Sochi) and am delighted to report that I received full Platinum benefits, including access to the Club Lounge. With a light evening buffet and free pour drinks, it made it an *incredibly* good value stay!

The only downside of my stay had nothing to do with Sofitel – watching Team GB grab a curling semi-final place over (my free Club lounge) breakfast let me to miss my flight to Moscow and hats off to BA for a trouble-free (and cost-free) re-booking on the next flight.

Thanks for a great site Raffles – as many others have said, you’re part of my daily routine now!

• andrew s says:

Hi Adam,

I will be there on Tuesday using this deal (thanks Raffles!) – Did you just hand over your card at check-in or had it added somehow prior?

11. Cheers for letting us know about this Raffles, just booked a night for £88 before our 2-4-1 redemption to NRT in First. :)

12. I spent 4 days in Heathrow on a training and I know many people who took the Hoppa bus paid £8 a day for 4 days! I used the Free buses and they were excellent and on time. They don’t go through all hotels but for us with points they cover the major Marriott, Holiday Inn, Radisson, Sheraton etc. I stayed at the Park Inn used the 4for 2 offer for Club Carlson Elite members and received the 38K points as well which was their promo this month. In total I paid £176 where HIlton wanted £250 a night!
    I will be back in April and there is still availability for the Park Inn hotel and the 4for2 and 2for1 offers. Definitely worth to check if you are in the area. The rooms are very spacious much better than the Holiday Inn one.

13. Awesome, I’ve been hesitating booking here as it was £200 for the night I needed so I was waiting for a sale…. Just got it for ~£88. Perfect, thank you very much :)

14. Any idea how to reserve a twin room under the promotion? Do you put “twin room” in the comments section as I see no way to differentiate between a double and a twin?

15. I have been to a number of meetings at this hotel. I was considering staying here recently on the strength of the first impressions of the hotel and the gym/wellness facilities. However, thankfully I was told before I booked that the sauna and jacuzzi area in the spa requires a £15 entry fee per person, which put me off. £30 for pre-flight pampering is not a bad deal in itself, but for hotel guests I do think this should be included (as is the case in most other Sofitels in which I have stayed in Europe and Dubai).

16. Still working a bit after midnight on 1 April.

• Lol well it’s actually still the 31st March, 1st April is Tuesday 😛

• Pants. You’re right! For some reason, I keep thinking that Monday + 1 April will have coincide.