Up to 25% bonus when you buy Avios points before 1st June

British Airways and avios.com have launched another ‘buy Avios’ promotion, offering a bonus of up to 25% for purchases before 1st June.

The link to buy is here.

Buy Avios bonus

Frankly, this is not an impressive deal. The bonus on 1,000 Avios is nothing – despite costing a rip-off £31. The bonus on 2,000 to 6,000 is a pathetic 100 Avios points. You need to spend over £447 on 27,000 Avios to benefit from the full 7,000 Avios – 25% – bonus.

The full list of bonuses is:

Buy 2,000 to 7,000 – 100 bonus Avios

Buy 8,000 to 13,000 – 1,000 bonus Avios

Buy 14,000 to 19,000 – 2,000 bonus Avios

Buy 20,000 to 26,000 – 3,000 bonus Avios

Buy 27,000 Avios – 7,000 bonus Avios

Totally FREE Uber taxi rides in Manchester until midnight Sunday!
Was star economist Ha-Joon Chang right to ditch his Amex Platinum?

Comments

1. Simon says:

Brilliant website. Pleased to see I already have similar wallet of cards to such an expert. One question I have…. Do u have any concerns that churning cards, applying/cancelling will have any impact on your credit score???

• Andrew s says:

Each financial company will review your credit record based on its own criteria, so there is no universal “credit score”

The fact of churning credit cards, i do not feel is a priority for institutions. I feel it’s more determined by 1) Missed Payments 2) Total available credit available to you Vs Income 3) Debt on the available credit. The only exception to this is if you have applied for a batch of credit in a short space of time, which might make the institutions nervous you have a financial problem.

For example until I did a “cull” I held about 17 credit cards a few months ago.

• Simon says:

Yeh that was my actual concern. If I take out half a dozen cards for all the various sign on bonuses….. Might look like I am desperate for a load of credit when not the case at all.

• No. The only thing that may be an issue is having lots of ‘open’ cards since firms look at your current total credit limits as % of income. This can be managed by closing cards you don’t use and reducing credit limits which are too high. Don’t reduce them too far, though, as card companies also want to see you existing carefully inside your limits – someone who spends up to the limit each month is clearly struggling.

2. Martin says:

For a redemption doing an upgrade from WT+ it could be a good option, it’s effectively a CW upgrade for the cost of a WT+ ticket plus £335.

• Martin says:

Should have said, that price is based on a 80k zone, Boston, New York etc

3. Richard says:

I’ve already bought the maximum Avios from Avios this year. Can I buy some from BA as well?

• Idrive says:

yes, you can buy the max on both, and also on Iberia

• Richard says:

Thanks for that. I’m forced into desperate measures by Tesco’s current meanness.

• Idrive says:

What do you mean exactly?

• Richard says:

Tesco seem to be concentrating on discounts rather than giving out points recently. Any offers they do do are normally for less points than in the past. The points I use are for first class travel once a year so are worth a lot more to me than tuppence off a Yoghurt.

• James67 says:

A little caution would be advisable. At best with this offer you are buying just over 76 avios/£. For a start, I have seen 70 avios/£ value using the cash and miles options presented when booking BA and selected partners. Value may even exceed this as I have not paid the cash and miles route much attention. UuA might also be worth considering. If you are buying all thr miles you need for a redemption then AA is likely a better option, especially for middle east, Africa and Idia where buying all the miles required in a good promo can beat revenue tickets assuming award seats are available. Finally, always check revenue fares. AY, MH and UL in partcular can have very attractive premium fares etting you a good number of avios and tier points in addition.