Final week to get 4,800 Avios for £20 with blinkbox books

I wrote last week about the very interesting promotion that Blinkbox, the Tesco-owned digital media group, was offering to people who download ‘Game of Thrones Series 4’.

In all the fuss about that, you shouldn’t forget the similarly valuably deal that the new Blinkbox Books subsidiary is running.

There are just a few days left to take advantage of the Blinkbox Books offer which ends on Monday June 30th.

Blinkbox Books

The Blinkbox Books homepage is here.

This is how the promotion works:

You receive 100 Tesco Clubcard points (worth 240 Avios, 250 Virgin Flying Club miles) for every ebook you buy

The minimum price to qualify for the 100 points is £1

You can receive the bonus on up to 20 books, for a total of 2000 Clubcard points

The last day to order is 30th June

Here are the terms and conditions in full.  It works out at 0.4p per Avios point which is clearly a good deal.

It is easy to find books priced at exactly £1.

Go into a category, such as ‘Childrens Fiction’, search by price and you will find 15 titles priced at exactly £1. There are plenty more across other categories.

Unfortunately, you can only buy one book per transaction.   You will need to make 20 separate transactions to order the maximum 20 books which are allowed under this promotion.

The bonus points are posting OK so far.  They post in arrears and appear to be posting for everyone at the same time.  You may have to wait a few weeks until the next posting run but experience so far shows that you will get them without a fight.

Virgin Flying Club matched my BA Gold status .... when I flew Little Red
Seven hours of Norwegian train trip comes to your BA in-flight TV!

Comments

1. Game of thrones ebooks are currently £2 each with 100 CC points, on blinkbox books. Not quite as good.

• Funny I got some £1s last night..

Have look a Poirot in crime or under non fiction for Philosophy in an hour

2. Roopin says:

Sorry my mistake, this post was meant for the Game of thrones deal that I was signing up for on blinkbox.com!

3. Do I need to download the app beforehand or is it ok just to sign up and get cracking?

Thanks

• Just sign up & buy away.

No need to download the app. I don’t even have a device that can play the app at the moment!

4. erico1875 says:

Can you use 3v’s to pay for these ebooks?

• I wasn’t able to.

• Wouldn’t let me.

• Yes I have used 3Vs. But you need to uncheck the save this card button on the payment screen. Much better option as they don’t block your card after lots of £1 transactions.

• pazza2000 says:

Interesting, albeit a more time consuming method I assume that requires continuously entering card details for each individual purchase?

5. You can’t use blinkbox credit on blinkbox books currently.
    They are separate accounts.

6. Only 1900 of 2000 points credited by clubcard account for 20 £1 book purchases, did everyone else get points for 19 or 20 books credited to their clubcard account?

• I got all 20 on mine, though I did buy them in batches over a few days.

• How long does it take for the points to come through to your tesco card?

• I bought the books on 10th & 14th May and they finally posted last week. However they appeared on my clubcard activity with the date of purchase, not the date of posting so if you only look at the most recent transactions you might not notice they they have posted.

• I only saw x-1 transactions, but one was for 200 points, so they’d clearly added 2 together. Not all have posted yet, as I bought them in batches. Picked up quite a few titles I’ve been after for a while that I can’t get in actual print.

7. blinkbox, and blinkbox books are two different things, i doubt you will get it,

8. mikeact says:

I’m struggling to find £1 books, despite searching…anybody have any titles to hand ?

• Lady London says:

It seems you have to go by category and then use the pulldown to sort by price.

I’ve struggled to come up with books that I actually want to read, on this site. I found just two, and sadly I’m not someone that would buy unwanted stuff just to get the points more fool me.

• Carpentr says:

The History in an Hour books are great, and well worth £1

• the above or just put “a” in the search and sort by price, tho you have to skip about 4 pages then, there are like 100’s of £1 books

• I found a load I wanted to read at the same price or cheaper than kindle, so the CC points made them a definite buy. I suppose it depends what you’re after. I got several children’s & YA books I would have bought anyway and a several things like JK Rowling’s latest that were a decent price and will do for my holidays. But then, the cheapest I got was £1.99 and the most expensive (Michael Morpurgo 3 books in 1) was £7.99.

No point in recommending, as I’m sure our tastes are very different. Unless you like Bridget Jones!

• Search for Poirot, loads under there

• idrive says:

“confessions of…..” you will find a few

9. squills says:

First person not to get a telephone call from Fraud dept for 20 x £1 transactions, please hold up your hand 😉

• All I got was a rejection after 16 transactions but my card company allowed further purchases a few days later once the first batch moved from ‘pending’ to ‘authorised’. I didn’t contact my card provider at all & they didn’t contact me either.

• Mine was after 5 transactions, but after that, they went through with no problems.

• Carpentr says:

I had no problems, but I didn’t do them all in one batch. I did 10 at once, though…

• SaraJH says:

I’ve ordered all 20 today on the same card, no problems!
      Took this as a great oppotunity to order 20 books by 20 brand new authors (to me) and sample a few new genres aswell.
      Being the tight-wad I am I only bought full length books so it took a while to find 20 but worth it for the points bonus :)

• No problems putting 21 purchases through on a 3V card. Guess who accidentally bought a 49p book…

• Nick Haley says:

Funny, nothing stopped by the bank/card but instead my multitudinous purchases locked or crashed my blinkbox account which is going to take “some weeks to reset” according to their C.S. I’ve asked for some bonus clubcard points to make up for not being able to buy all 20. But won’t hold my breath…

10. so i’ve made my account but I don’t see information about my clubcard number.. where do i find this?

• Under Account, Personal Details, there’s a space to enter your clubcard number.

11. Just got my fraud call after 16 transactions :)

• idrive says:

hi, do you think you can buy now and add clubcard later to get the points? I called CS this morning, they are sending a new card so it will take a few days..

• i doubt they will back date them,

tho you should be able to either call cs again and ask for the cc number, or log in to your cc account and go to replacement card and link to print a temp cc card (witch its just your number on a print out so you can scan it, witch should give you use number)

• idrive says:

1) they won’t tell the number on the phone
          2) what do you mean, how can you order a replacement if the system doesn’t not allow to get into the clubcard control panel (you need to input the cc number). there is no way to get a temp card anywhere, is it?? thanks by the way

12. Has anyone had the points post? I bought mine on Tuesday night but nothing so far?

13. Thanks Tim

14. Could not for the life of me get the blinkbox books website to work. Every time I try to buy a book it says ‘You already have this book in your library’ when I don’t. Spent an hour trying numerous browsers and on 2 different Android devices. So frustrating.

15. Raffles, Tesco have extended this offer until 31st July.