New BA World Traveller and World Traveller Plus sale launched

British Airways has launched another round of sale fares, this time focussing on World Traveller and World Traveller Plus.

This new batch of deals needs to be booked by July 8th.

There is nothing available for North America except for the Gatwick flight to Las Vegas.  However, if you are heading elsewhere in the world then you might find something of interest.

A full list of desinations and travel dates (valid into 2015) can be found in the terms and conditions here at ba.com.

BA Luxury World

As usual, the British Airways Low Fare Finder tool at ba.com is the easiest way of quickly seeing the lowest possible price to a selected city by month.

It is also worth keeping an eye on ex-Europe departure points.  Reader Richie dropped me a note to say that he had booked Brussels to Delhi via London in World Traveller Plus for £603.  He had upgraded this to Club World for 25,000 Avios points return plus another £57 of tax.  This was for travel during the Easter holidays as well!

My guide on how to use the ITA Matrix software tool to quickly search all possible European departure points can be found here.

Five frequent flyer perks I still get as an old-timer but you can't!
Up to 40% bonus when you buy Flying Blue miles this week

Comments

1. richie says:

Did anyone get any good deals for october/november i need a holiday about then..

2. JamesW says:

Don’t seem that good to me :-(

3. What dates were the WTP flights to Delhi booked for? Can’t seem to find it.

4. Nathan says:

I need biz flights to Melbourne end of October but want to pay cash and upgrade with avios. Is it best to fly from Europe?

• BA does not fly to Melbourne so you could only upgrade if you go via Sydney. Best option would be to book a World Traveller Plus seat and then keep an eye on the BA legs and upgrade if or when seats open in Club World.

• Nathan says:

Thanks raffles! I’ll fly to Sydney first then as that’ll make it easier.

5. I’ve found a good deal using the ITA Matrix (thansk for the tip) from FRA-MEL with Qatar. Can I book this flight through BA and use my Avios? Ideally i’d like to see if I could pay for premium economy flight and upgrade with Avios to CW. Sorry – am a bit new to all this!

• richie says:

thats the best way to redeem avios in my book, all wtp tickets are upgradable to cw

• avidsaver says:

I agree, but sadly there is not always cw redemption availability for you to upgrade to!. In this particular instance however, and correct me if I’m wrong, Qatar do not offer a Premium Economy product and I also think that you can only “upgrade using Avios” a BA flight not Qatar.