Worst … Tesco … Clubcard … promotion … ever ….

We have seen some really good offers from Tesco recently offering bonus Clubcard points.  These allow you to pick up Avios points and Virgin Flying Club miles very cheaply.  The Blinkbox Books and Game of Thrones deals are still running.

And there was this offer ….

Tesco has got a great new deal to tempt you to take out its car insurance.

Tesco car insurance

Move your car insurance – probably a £500+ bill for most people – over to Tesco before August 12th and you will receive …. wait for it …. 50 Clubcard points!

Yes, 50 whole points.  Enough for 50p off your next Tesco shop or 120 Avios points.

There is admittedly a competition as well, but for 99% of people all they will be getting is 50 points.  Don’t all rush at once.

There is a new Tesco Direct discount code available though.

Tesco has released a new Tesco Direct promotional code for new customers to Tesco Direct.  Since a lot of Head for Points readers opened additional Clubcard accounts to take advantage of the ‘3600 Avios for a £60 grocery shop’ offer (now closed) then you should be able to use this code on those accounts.

It may also work on accounts which have not done a Tesco Direct order for a few months.

The code is TDX-KYNK, which deducts £10 from a £50 Tesco Direct order.  The code runs until August 4th.

What is the best HOTEL credit card for long-term spending? (Part 1)
Last chance: BA World Traveller and World Traveller Plus sale ends on Tuesday

Comments

1. Frenske says:

I bought yesterday car insurance and checked out Tesco car insurance too. I fully expected to get the 5000 club points one gets for life insurance which cost me £60 per year. But no you get 50 and they are not the cheapest either.

2. Am I the only person who read the title of this post in the voice of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons?

3. squills says:
    • “Paul bought over 20 electric cables which had been discounted to £1 each – but each carried £40 worth of points”
      Is this for real?

• Should he have 14 club cards, to start with!
        Secondly, surely that violated Tesco’s bulk buying rules.
        I can’t believe he thought he’d get away with it.

4. squills says:

You can do 3 x confused.com for another 3 x £1.99 😉

Easy enough to find som number plates on autotrader…

5. SingingDwarf says:

You are guaranteed 50, but could win 20k in the draw. I raised this in a comments thread a couple of weeks ago.

Obviously not worth it for the points alone, but if Tesco is the cheapest anyway there is no harm!

• squills says:

Tesco car ins was cheapest for me by far, as for a 2nd car they take into account your history with Tesco car ins and your no claims discount on car no 1.

Not a lot of people realise that your no claims discount only applies to your first car, a second car would need to start afresh.

• squills says:

Eg say you have 9 years no claims discount on your first car’s insurance. You buy a second car. You HAVE to declare zero years no claims discount.

• squills says:

Ie assuming you keep the first car.

• Imbruce says:

With regards to comments about 2nd car insurance if you & a named driver are on the same policy with UKI branded insurance eg: Churchill, Direct Line, Sainsbury’s etc each named driver earns their own no claims discounts to the full 60%.
            As far as I am aware they are the only ones to offer this in the UK. Another
            thing the UK is behind the times on!
            ThIs is the reason I stick with them so when we get the second car we both have
            our own no claims protected discounts, most of the policies have the option to get
            a courtesy car or for a bit extra a guaranteed hire car.
            That’s my tuppence worth.

6. One plus for Tesco car insurance is they take Amex and don’t charge a fee. They had a refer a friend promo last year which I got 6000 points from, this offer is pathetic.

7. I need some help here… Does anyone know if you can apply credit on your BT account to line rental saver? There is a post on FT that implies it was possible last year but I don’t really want to load £160 (using V3) only to find I still have to charge the line rental saver to a proper card.

• squills says:

Just use the credit elsewhere if it doesn’t work, try using a bit of chutzpah! 😉

• squills says:

And what’s wrong with £50 to try it out? lol

• It doesn’t seem to use the credit if it’s only some of the amount of the line rental saver. My reluctance is that the full value of £160 would take an age to burn on calls alone!

• My BT account won’t let me overpay. I use my 3V cards to pay my £22 BB bill each month, but it won’t let me pay any more than that.

• Lipton says:

Don’t wait for your bill to credit your account using 3v visa. You can credit it with how much you like. I do this each month.

8. Redwood says:

You can get 75 points just for providing your car, home or pet insurance renewal months. https://www.renewals.tescobank.com

9. squills says: