1500 Avios for a single Novotel / Mercure / Sofitel night before 30 September

avios.com (NOT BA Executive Club) is running a generous promotion with Le Club Accorhotels, the loyalty scheme for Novotel, Mercure, Ibis, Sofitel etc.

Until 30th September, you will earn 1,500 Avios points for any stay at a Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Novotel, Mercure or Adagio hotel.

Le Club Accorhotels

The small print is pretty much nil:

You need to stay by 30th September

All hotels worldwide in the relevant brands are participating

Your Le Club Accorhotels account must be set to receive Avios points (in avios.com, not in British Airways Executive Club) instead of Accor points

All rates apply, even special promotions (presumably the great ‘Happy Mondays‘ deals are included)

You can earn the bonus an unlimited number of times

The 1500 Avios replace the standard Avios you would earn from your stay – it is not an additional bonus

You can find full details of the promotion here on the Accor website.

My two-part overview of the Le Club Accorhotels scheme can be found here and here if you want to know more about it.  You can join Le Club via this link.

Remember that you will need to credit these 1500 Avios points to an avios.com account which can be opened here.  You can transfer them to British Airways Executive Club later via the ‘Combine My Avios’ function online.

EDIT:  As the comments reminded me, if you have Amex Platinum don’t forget to claim your free Le Club Accorhotels Platinum status before your stay!

(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Sofitel Heathrow STILL available for £88 via lastminute.com!
Two Conrad & Waldorf bonus codes still paying out - even on reward stays

Comments

1. Will they be added for stays already booked? I’m staying in the Sofitel T5 in August after your deal a few months back.

• Should add that it was booked through Lastminute.com

• I would expect so. Lastminute may invalidate it but nothing to lose.

• I assume this was booked as a top secret hotel so don’t count on it. The terms on the Accor site state:

An Eligible booking rate includes all public, corporate and promotional rates, but NOT the following rates: room rates for business or leisure group reservations where the rooms are booked as part of a conference or an organised trip on a group account or settled globally (except Meeting Planner promotional offers); the “Partner Rates” tariff; room rates for crew (airline crew, shipping or other); the Accor employees’ rate and the rate for employees of partner companies and providers to the Accor Group; and tour operators rates. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same Participating Property, i.e. from check-in to check-out irrespective of the length of stay.

I’d argue that the top secret hotels are tour operator rates. It might slip through but I wouldn’t expect it.

• T&Cs say:
      ” Offer available for new bookings made between 1st July 2014 and 30th September 2014 for stays from 1st July 2014 until the 30th September 2014…”

2. where2travel says:

I’ve been struggling to work this promotion out since I got the email. How do I set my Le Club account to receive Avios and not Le Club points? I can see the part about transferring Le Club points to Avios (manually or automatically) but that’s it.

When I read the T&Cs last week, they were a mess. They referred to BAEC in places and not just Avios so it’s useful to know this is an Avios-only promotion.

• Stephen says:

I can’t find where to change the earning preferences either.

• Go to the accorhotels.com site
        On the my account menu, select access my account
        My loyalty card –> My rewards
        Scroll down and on the right hand side there should be an option to convert points automatically. You then have to go in here and add your Avios number.

• where2travel says:

I could be wrong but I thought this was just to set an automatic transfer of Le Club points to your selected scheme once you’d earned a certain number of Le Club points (4,000 I think).

I tried this before my most recent stay and I still earned Le Club points and the automatic transfer is still activated (but nothing has heppened yet as I haven’t got to 4,000 points).

• MrHandBaggageOnly says:

Indeed, the Ts Cs look odd;

• Offer is subject to availability, advanced reservation is required. BAEC membership number must be quoted at the time of booking.

Why ask for the BAEC number if this is an Avios promo requiring an Avios account?!

• It is on the avios.com website so it definitely exists. Whether it is also being promoted by BA and I just haven’t spotted it yet is a different question.

3. Adam W says:

Just a friendly reminder that Amex Platinum gives free top tier (Platinum) status with Accor’s Le Club which includes upgrades, early and late check-in/out and club lounge access!

I requested my upgrade through the Amex website and received a welcome email confirming my new status from Le Club 8 days later!

4. it appears the happy Monday promotion has gone from the website, however you can still book by using the promo code MONDAY and selecting dates for the weekend ahead (26-28)

5. Hingeless says:

That’s a shame, stayed in a MGallery yesterday!

• You might still get away with it, it depends if they work on check-in, check-out or day the points hit your account in terms of which bonuses you get.

6. Speedbird_ABZ says:

I stayed at a Novotel on Saturday and saw this yesterday, seems like the bonus points hit my account today and is being transferred to Avios. Probably just got away with it and no more by fiddling with my Accor account yesterday

7. Hey,

Is it possible to chop and change between accor points conversions?

E.g. I worked out that for stays costing more than about 200 pounds, it’s better value to take the points. Is it possible to wait until I have a cheap stay coming up, switch to Avios as my chosen points conversion and then switch back before I have a more expensive stay?

8. Christian says:

so, just to understand this right, do I need to change to auto-convert to Avios for this to work?

I stay in a Novotel every week with work so seems a pretty good deal to get 1,500 for every stay.

• All we know for sure is what the rules say:

To be eligible for this promotion, members must enrol with Le Club Accorhotels, select Avios as their earning preference when making the necessary advanced reservation.

… which is not hugely helpful.

9. I’m glad I’m not the only person confused by this offer, there was an offer earlier in the year for triple Avios at Accor which also confused me as other readers have pointed out, there doesn’t seem to be a way of earning Avios directly you can only earn Le Club points and convert them to Avios.

I set my account so the Le Club points auto converted to Avios and had 1 stay at a Novotel and 1 at a Mercure last week. The Le Club points have been converted to Avios and hit my account but no sign of the bonus.

I emailed Accor asking if my account was set-up correctly for this promo and if not what I would have to do to set it up so I’d get 1,500 bonus points, unfortunately they ignored that part of the email and said T&Cs of the promo stated the bonus points would awarded 4-6 weeks after the end of the promo ….. I’m not holding my breath.

• Stephen says:

All sounds foreign to me :-)

Asked at check-in tonight in France and they did have a clue what I was on about never mind trying to even fathom out how to enrol correctly.

• squills says:

It would probably help to speak perfect fluent French, Squills @ your service! lol

• I have just converted 2600 Accor points on my wifes account to Iberia, will explain it next week in a post. Bit complex but worked.

10. vindaloo says:

Just tried to switch to auto-convert as I’m sitting in a Novotel room right now, but it seems that when I do so all my existing Accor points will be converted to Avios too, which isn’t generally the best use of them, is it? It looks as though I have only 4,000 to convert, so is it worth it? I’ll probably have another two or three stays before the promotion ends. Or is there a better place to move the existing points before I switch on auto-convert?

• Frankly I am mystified by how this applies to existing members as opposed to new ones. For a start, IB is 1:1 whilst BA is 2:1 so you only want your balance to go to IB. Does that still trigger the promo?

Accor has also an avios.com partnership – how is that linked?

Then we had a reader who switched but still got 1500 points not 1500 Avios.

I would be tempted to give it a miss if you have a big existing balance …

11. Mr Puppet says:

I have approx 20 hotel stays planned over the next two months (work trips) which would equate to 30,000 Avios under this deal IF I could figure out how to actually use it.
    I’ve set my LeClub Accor Loyalty Card accord to convert points to Avios and saved my BA Executive Club membership number on my Accor Profile. Nothing.
    I’ve contacted Accor Customer Services – they stated they knew nothing of the offer and asked for evidence of it (!!). Duly submitted by return email last week but still not reply. Sent a chaser last night as I start travelling tomorrow – will try to keep this page updated if I discover how (or if) it actually works.

• Stephen says:

Please keep me informed. I’m in a similar situation with on going trips to France. What a poor setup they are.

• Do let us know what happens as I have a few stays to book which I will direct to accor to take advantage of this promo IF it works 😛