Two Conrad & Waldorf bonus codes still paying out – even on reward stays

Here is a coda to my stay at the Conrad New York last week.

Despite being on a reward booking, I earned over 8,000 Hilton HHonors points from my stay!  This is despite making only a nominal charge to my room during the three days.

This was due to two special promotions which I first wrote about in February.  Both paid out on this stay, even though a) I wasn’t orginally targetted for them and b) I was on a reward stay.

The first offer is for 2,000 bonus Hilton HHonors points for every NIGHT at a Conrad or Waldorf-Astoria hotel during 2014.

Conrad New York lobby 2

The registration page is here.  Whilst it states that the bonus posts 6-8 weeks after your stay, I received it with my standard points.  As I stayed three nights, I received 6,000 points from this.

The second offer is for bonus points on your next three stays at Conrad or Waldorf-Astoria hotels during 2014.

Your first stay will trigger 2,000 bonus points, your second 3,000 and your third 5,000.

The registration page for this offer is here.  As this was my first stay of the year at these brands, I received 2,000 points.

If you have any Conrad or Waldorf-Astoria branded stays coming up, make sure you register for these promos.  Make sure you make a nominal charge to your room bill, even just a coffee, so that points are triggered and the bonus added.

(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

1500 Avios for a single Novotel / Mercure / Sofitel night before 30 September
1500 Avios per stay with Small Luxury Hotels of the World

Comments

1. Nathan says:

Oh dear, I just stayed 9 nights at conrad bali and didn’t know about this! :(

• Raffles says:

Doh! It has been on the ‘Hotel Promos’ page (see menu bar at the top) since I first wrote about it!

• Nathan says:

Yeah I must have missed the article!
        I’ve just had a look and it says per stay up to 10,0000 points?
        I have a contact in their customer services so might see if there is anything he can do

• 2000 first stay, 3000 second stay, 5000 third stay = 10,000 max.

The other offer is 2000 per night and they combine.

Contemplating switching a Dublin reward night to the Conrad to pick up another 5,000 back!

2. Simon85 says:

I wasn’t aware of these promos either, so thanks for the reminder.
    I have three nights at the Conrad in Chicago coming up, the extra points will come in very handy.

3. ankomonkey says:

“Make sure you make a nominal charge to your room bill, even just a coffee, so that points are triggered and the bonus added.”

This is a great point, Raffles. We stay in an all-inclusive Hilton most summers and, since practically everything is included, I never accrue any Hilton points. Recently, due to the Virgin offers of XX points for your first so many Hilton stays during a set period, I did wonder if I found something cheap (I already have one set of the Hilton Unicef ducks…) to charge to the room that wasn’t included in the all-inclusive package if I’d get the Virgin points.

Any thoughts/experiences from anyone?

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Making a call from your room is a good way to incur a small charge.

• mrtibbs1999 says:

I called my dad for 1 minute and got almost 20,000 points because of it. A great tip and the cheapest way to trigger the points for sure.

• ankomonkey says:

Will remember that! A call to home or work answerphone, hang up when it starts recording…

• Agree this is a sensible idea, although as Diamond I tend to find I don’t have an issue with points posting for reward stays with no charges on them anyway, but that’s perhaps as the 1000 Diamond bonus has to post so it takes anything else along with it!

4. Raffles, you are such a star! I have registered for these two promotions in time for Edinburgh Caledonian Hilton reward certificate stay for my birthday next month at festival fringe. Of course I only knew of the cc sign up bonus because of your fab website. Thanks again :)

5. Justin says:

I earned almost 60k HH points on an award stay… at Conrad Maldives on resort spend. And I was being a cheapskate.

• Yes, everything I hear about that place is that it is not cheap. I think there is a big difference between Maldives resorts when it comes to food pricing …. when we went to Reethi Rah I don’t remember it being much pricier than central London.

• Mrtibbs1999 says:

I got 375000 points for 6 cash nights in the seychelles last year when I took the etihad error fare. It’s fair to say that staying there almost ruined me. Was very much worth it though. £120 for 2 buffets without drinks.

6. ChrisH says:

Got me to chose the Conrad in Dublin over the other hotels for my next few stays – hopefully it’s not too bad a property…

• It has a decent reputation. I also considered it for a Dublin night this week but went for the Westin as I’ve stayed there before and it is a decent deal on SPG points. Despite me not getting free internet or breakfast ….

• Not relevant for this offer, but The Morrison by DoubleTree in Dublin is pretty nice too – centrally located, great breakfast and easy airport bus links.

7. Robert says:

Very timely tip! I stayed at the Conrad NYC on a free weekend certificate the day before I read this. I signed up for the promo after the fact (1 day after checkout) and the bonus points have already posted. Fantastic.

Trackbacks

1. […] and notes from around the interweb: Conrad and Waldorf=Astoria property bonuses posting — even when you’re staying on points. Be sure to have something charged to your room folio while you’re […]