50 free Avios points with new Iberia Plus promotion

I wrote an article a couple of week ago about ‘The Great Avios Conquest’.  That is a new Iberia online game which gave everyone 50 Avios for signing up – enough to ‘activate’ your Iberia Plus account and allow you to transfer Avios points in and out.

This is something different, but with the same end result.

‘Iberia Summer Flights’ is a free competition to win one of 600 Iberia flights.  300 of these are domestic Spanish flights so not hugely useful to UK residents.  200 are flights to anywhere in Europe (presumably UK to Spain would be OK) and 100 are long-haul economy flights from Madrid on Iberia.

More importantly, every entrant receives 50 Avios points – enough to activate an Iberia account.

Iberia summer flights

Receiving your 50 free Avios couldn’t be easierGo to this website, enter your Iberia Plus number and click ‘Validate’.  Job done!

(The Avios do not post instantly.  It is not clear how long they will take to arrive.)

You also receive one entry in the ‘Summer Flights’ prize draw.  You will receive one additional entry every time you credit some partner activity (eg a hotel stay or car hire) to your Iberia Plus account, but I wouldn’t make any effort to do this.  Take the 50 free Avios points and be happy!

Singapore Airlines A380 First Class Suite reviewed (and how to book one) - New York Stories #8
New - redeem Hyatt points for dining and spa credit in London and Birmingham

Comments

1. CliveJ says:

That link doesn’t work for me Rob, says page unavailable.

2. Same here!

3. David BS says:

Link does not work from HfP email.
    Corrected version above gives me a blank Iberia page on my iPad
    Any more offers?

4. Frenske says:

My 50 points from The Great Conquest haven’t posted (yet). Anyone has received them.

• IB+ points can take weeks to post as they appear to be done in batches.

• Not me

• My experience of previous Iberia Avios promotions is that they take forever to show up in the account, but they do appear eventually.

I’ve also found that hotel points seem to take a while to credit (much slower than if credited to BA Exec Club), but it is worth the wait for the better earning rate from some chains.

5. For anyone else having problems; when logged into my account already I just got a blank page when clicking the link. Log out, and click the link again and it seems to work…

6. Link now fixed, very weird but it now works

7. I’m not authorised to view the webpage !

8. Andrew S says:

Still waiting for the economist points to hit from 2 months ago…. no reply from any email they have on the site :(

9. Martin Gostling says:

Couldn’t get the link to work with Internet Explorere but worked fine with Google Chrome

10. Andy Stock says:

Anyone got thier 50 avios yet on Iberia Plus, still waitng for my 50 avios to be credited.