How to convert ANY number of Accor points to Avios

There is quite a bit of confusion surrounding how to convert Le Club Accorhotels (the Novotel, Ibis, Sofitel, Mercure etc programme) points into Avios.  With the help of HFP reader Tony, I have got to the bottom of it this week.

Tony and I have confirmed that you can convert ANY Accor balance into Avios.  You do NOT need the minimum of 3,000 points as stated on their website.  However, you need to follow a specific route.

Before we get into the conversion process, remember the key oddity of the Accor programme.  As per this page of the Accor website,

• Conversions into British Airways Executive Club go 2:1
  • Conversions into Iberia Plus go 1:1

I can confirm that the Iberia ratio of 1:1 is accurate.   It is therefore essential that you open an Iberia Plus account via the Iberia website and send your Accor points there.  You can then move your Avios from Iberia Plus to BAEC via ‘Convert My Avios’.

Le Club Accorhotels

How to convert your existing Accor points to Avios

If you have over 3,000 Accor points, this is easy.  Log in to your Accor account, click on ‘Manage My Account’, ‘My Loyalty Card’ and then ‘My Rewards’.  You will see this box:

Accor box

If you click through and select Iberia Plus, your current balance – assuming you have at least 3,000 points – will be transferred to Avios immediately.  It will round down to the nearest 3,000 points and leave the remaining points in your account.

If you do not have 3,000 Accor points, it won’t work.  You need to use Plan B!

If you have fewer than 3,000 Accor points:

Don’t ask why what I am about to show you works.  Just trust me, it does work!

Step 1:  Go to this website which promotes an airberlin offer for Accor.

Step 2:  Scroll to the bottom left corner and log in

Step 3:  You will be taken to the usual Le Club Accorhotels log-in page.  Follow the same steps I outlined above – click on ‘Manage My Account’, ‘My Loyalty Card’ and then ‘My Rewards’ – and then click on the same box I showed above.  Add your Iberia Plus details.

The only difference between these two processes is that, for balances under 3,000 Accor points, you need to go to the Accor website via the airberlin page I link to in Step 1.

This is what you will receive from Accor by email:

Accor_email_2

This was from the account of my wife.  Her Accor account dropped to zero points.  Within 24 hours, her 2,800 points had been deposited into her newly opened Iberia Plus account at a conversion rate of 1:1.

If you do not want points from future stays to be converted automatically, change your earnings preference back to points following the steps in Step 3 above and click on the other box this time!

(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Double IHG points with the IHG Rewards Club Visa cards in August
British Airways cuts numerous long-haul routes for Winter

Comments

1. how can you transfer miles from Iberia to BA? As far I know / have seen it only allows to transfer from BAEC, not to.

2. Globetrotter7 says:

Didn’t work for me. I tried both Firefox and IE but kept landing on the Russian page which led me to nowhere….

3. AndyGWP says:

Steps I took:

Started in Chrome, followed instructtions but at step 1, the page just reloaded in Russian. Google translate kicked in and the page had just reloaded with a small message about a “process flow” (or similar at the bottom).

Logged into my Accor account and disabled “auto transfers”

Loaded Internet Explorer.
    Put in card number and email, and registered again. Page still loaded in Russian but you could tell it was something different. Went to “Dropdown” list at the bottom of the page and changed to English.

Went to profile as instructed.

Subsequent page says I need a minimum of 2000 points to do a transfer (I only have around 1400).

Tried anyway, but failed

4. A bit off topic, but I have 26k qantas ff points sitting in my account and expiring next month. Anyone from the UK has any idea of how to keep it from expiring? All methods that came up on google seem to be for the OZ market.

• Christophe says:

You can book an eligible hotel room on qantas.com/hotels or rent an Avis or Budget car

5. whiskerxx says:

well – my Accor points have left my account overnight – we will see how long it takes to reach Iberia.

6. DeltaCharlie says:

Never got an email but points now zero in Accor, awaiting deposit into Iberia.

7. Well finally got it to work. Received holding email from Accor and then overnight a further email advising me that the points had been transferred.

Another success thanks to this blog.

8. Caroline says:

Hi I do seem to have got it to work. Just have to wait to see if they reach my Iberia account. Thanks

9. I got as far as receiving the email saying my points have transferred, and my account is now zero.
    However, several days later, no sign of them in my Iberia account, yet.
    How long should I wait before escalating?

• Andrew S says:

One thing to learn in this hobby is that when it comes to Iberia you need patience of a saint… good luck on finding anyone to listen to your escalation… and if you do good luck on them fixing it.

Quite simply once my economist points point (near 3 months now) I will never ever do anything to earn iberia points.

10. I have deactivated my auto points conversion to BA and I am clicking through the link as described above but I am still getting the minimum 2000 points requirement.

I’ve tried in Chrome and IE.

At the very start where I enter my Le Club number and email address the only option is to click registration. Is this the correct tab to click as I would expect it to say Log-in as i’m already registered!

• When it says ‘Registration’ in the bottom left corner it means ‘log-in’, it is just bad translation from the French I think!

Odd if it is not working for you, unless their system only updates overnight and you need to leave auto-convert off for 24 hours first. As you can see from the other comments, other people did (finally!) get it to work.

11. My ACCOR points finally arrived into my IBERIA account!
    Hooray.
    NOw, I guess, as that account was previously zero, I have to wait ages before I can move then anywhere.