VERY generous Accor offer – €160 for three stays

(EDIT: This offer appears to have been withdrawn early)

Le Club Accorhotels, the Novotel / Ibis / Mercure / M Gallery / Sofitel / Pullman chain, has launched a surprisingly generous promotion.

If you complete three stays before 31st December, you will receive 8,000 bonus Le Club Accorhotels points.  This is worth €160 of credit towards future Accor bookings.

The bonus is staggered:

1,000 bonus points for your first stay

3,000 bonus points for your second stay

4,000 bonus points for your third stay

LeClub Accorhotels

Each point is worth 2 Eurocents of hotel booking credit although you can only redeem in chunks of 2,000.

You will also receive your standard points for each stay.  If you are outside London and can book rooms for around £50 for a one-night stay, you will effectively be getting all of your money back!

The only snag is that you must book your rooms by October 5th.  This will limit the number of people who can take part.

(If you usually book flexible rates, you may want to pencil in various stays and then simply cancel them later if they are not required.)

You need to register your Le Club Accorhotels account for the promotion via this page.

(Want to earn more hotel points?  To see our complete list of promotions from the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Can you earn cheap Avios points buying Tesco Visa gift cards with a £3.95 fee?
Bonus United and Air Canada miles for flights to the US or Canada

Comments

1. sandgrounder says:

In the past such bonus points have counted towards status- if this is still the case 8k would leave you close to gold, although the benefits are not as good as other chains and many HfP readers will have plat anyway I’m sure.

2. I have a previously booked stay at pullman coming up. Just registered. Will I be eligible for bonus points? Or is it just new bookings?

3. Not sure if it’s the case here but worth noting that when Accor run such promotions unless you book through their site you won’t get the bonuses.

4. Just new bookings I think:

Offer valid for stays from : 16/09/2014 to 31/12/2014
    Reservation from : 16/09/2014 to 05/10/2014

Which is pretty rubbish as I made 2 bookings on the 13th September. Ah well…

5. Are there any hidden gems in the UK outside of the usual Sofitel and Novotel brands? It looks like there are some decent Mercure properties situated in dedicated parkland but I’ve no experience of these. Specifically, a recommendation for a good Sat night destination for two adults would be appreciated.

• I have heard good things about the new Ibis Styles in Edinburgh…

• Mercure Bristol Brigstow – get a Privilege Room and ask for a room with a balcony. £40 using the Happy Mondays offer. The Mercure Windsor is also lovely if you can get a Privilege Room there, though it’s more difficult due to less availability. But the Bristol one is often available at weekends for £40, and sometimes on Saturdays, and is really nice.

• blot_bang_rub says:

Mercure Exeter isn’t too shabby although it’s rarely sub £100 at the weekend. If you’re Platinum you’ll get a privilege room too, as long as a coach party hasn’t beaten you there.

6. Would booking three rooms on one night qualify as 3 stays or would only a single room count?

• Nick Burch says:

Normal Le Club T&Cs will almost certainly apply, so that would (assuming the hotel didn’t put it through wrong) only count for one stay and one set of points

7. Will Ibis Budget count…?
    (I think I know the answer already..)

• Nothing in the t&c’s to say ibis budget is excluded, it simply states participating hotels albeit nowhere are participating hotels listed, i’ve booked 2 stays at budget and planning a third on the assumption they are included

• Agreed it’s not in the T&Cs, however it’s just from experience of bookings made via the Accor website there’s no credit awarded for them and they don’t count towards your night/stay count, hence why I suspect they won’t earn credit as I don’t think they’re viewed as eligible nights in the Accor programme. Obviously great if they do though.

• Upon reflection I think you’re right Alan, fortunately I booked cancellable rooms so will re book

• Probably a good plan, Mark – I wouldn’t have much faith in the likes of Accor honouring things if they hadn’t posted.

8. Britbronco says:

The IBIS near my office can be £35 or maybe even less, may as well book some speculative nights even they just become a mattress run.

9. Has anyone been able to sign up for this on iPad? I can’t see the link anywhere?.

10. If you are set up with Le Club Accor to receive Avios to your BAEC after each stay, as I am, will these bonus points automatically convert into Avios after the stay, or these can only be used as a credit against future stays?

• I imagine that they convert. As I read it, the website only quotes €160 to make the offer easier to understand.

• Reading the Le Club website, it seems I would only receive 4000 Avios for these bonus points vs. 160 EUR of hotel credit, which is much better?

• sandgrounder says:

If you want to take Avios, send them to Iberia- the rate is 1=1. You would be paying €0.02 a mile though so still not great value.

11. I need to book 3 consecutive nights in Bucharest. The Novotel is £180 in total.

If I made 3 separate reservations (of 1 night each), do you think this would trigger the bonus?

12. My two Happy Monday rate stays (booked before the offer was announced – but registered with the promotion before the stay) both posted from last weekend. Very good and unexpected return for two stays booked at £40 per night.

13. Barafear799 says:

Happy Mondays – someone remind me please?
    I’m thinking of booking nights just to get this offer –
    trying to keep it simple and cheap – and “local” (ish) – I have no plans to go abroad before the cut off point – so will need to book three stays in UK – reading the T&C of hotels which participate in the Le Club scheme – it does NOT include Ibis BUDGET – but normal IBIS and IBIS styles seem to be ok – obviously F1 hotels are also excluded.
    I’ve found some “cheap” IBIS hotels for Birmingham (<£40 for one night), Elstree (middle of nowhere – or the middle of Borehamwood) for <£33 per night in mid-November, Manchester was quite pricey – Rotherham was also cheap – but too expensive for me to get to (I'm down south – and no cheap train tickets as there are to Brum) – thinking where else could be cheap – none of the London qualifying hotels seem achieveable for less than £50. Any ideas? Within about 50 miles of Luton, or on a cheap rail ticket from London?

14. I’m about to book three rooms for three nights with Accor anyway. I’ll be staying in one of the rooms, family will be staying in the other rooms.

1) I assume that I cannot be cheeky and split the booking for my room into separate bookings for Fri, Sat and Sun and treat them as different bookings?

2) If I book the rooms for my family, do those count? Or do I need to personally stay in the room for it to work?

I’m pretty sure that the answers to both questions are unfavourable.

15. My drive home from work is past an ibis which is £25 a night on Happy Monday’s, checked in on Friday, bonus points posted without issue. Excellent deal, even better if you actually need a happy Monday stay!

16. Barafear799 says:

I am really struggling on this happy mondays promo.
    I follow the link in this post – and get to the page which suggests the promo is live.
    But it will not allow me to enter a recognisble date – i.e. for the coming weekend – I click on the calendar icon and October is all greyed out – I try to enter the dates manually in the correct format dd/mm/yyyy – and it just keeps showing as an error.
    I have tried different computers and different browsers. Can anyone assist please?

17. Barafear799 says:

Apologies – the link I was referring to was in the Happy Mondays article. However, comments to that article appeared to have been disabled.

18. Anybody know if you can double dip on this and get 3 nights for the price of two?