New Amex cashback deals including £50 back from Apple

American Express has launched what I assume will be its final batch of ‘statement credit’ offers for the year.  You can access these deals with either an American Express-issued card (British Airways, SPG, Gold, Platinum, Nectar etc) or with an Amex card issued by Lloyds, TSB or MBNA.

You can access these deals via the cardmemberoffers.co.uk website here.

The standout deal is:

£50 off a £500 purchase from the Apple website (2,000 people only, closes 31 December)

iPhone

There are less exciting offers for:

Leon (£5 back when you spend £10)

Gaucho (£10 back when you spend £50)

Primark (£5 back when you spend £15)

amongst others.  You should also take a look if you are planning to visit Nespresso, Dell, Heal’s, Laura Ashley, Fenwick, Bentalls, D&D Restaurants or Currys PC World.

You MUST register for EACH offer you want to use – the cardmemberoffers site has the relevant sign-up pages.

Don’t forget that the ‘Shop Small’£5 back on £10 spend’ deals are still running until the 21st, and the wide range of Heathrow / Gatwick / Stansted shopping offers – which require you to open a Foursquare account – run until the end of January.  I got £5 cashback on my £10 Café Nero lunch in Terminal 2 on Tuesday!

500 bonus SPG points per stay when you book a hotel via their mobile app
British Airways launches Greek tourist routes from London City

Comments

1. wetboy1uk says:

where do you find if you are targeted for the morrisons offer?

• Globetrotter7 says:

On your Amex Account. I have it on my Gold card

• If you can see the offer with your other ones you have been targeted.

If you can’t, you haven’t. The offer is in the usual Offers section of your online account.

• The morrisons one is also only for morrisons.com

£25 off £60 spend by 18th Jan

2. 16.00 Register Amex Card
    16.30 Buy Apple kit exceeding threshold.
    17.00 Amex email confirming £50.00 statement credit
    18.00 Apple confirm iPads shipped.

Just too easy.

3. Just got breathalysed by the boys in blue and failed miserably! ;-(

• Lady London says:

Oh no! was that serious?

• It was serious!

Luckily I was not driving 😉

Some idiot drove into my wife’s parked car and scratched it – and refused to give us her details, claiming she was innocent and please call the police. So I called the police who arrived & took the details.

They automatically do breathalysers round here because it’s December – both wimmin were zero/ negative – so to liven things up I said do me then and the police chick did me & I was well over the limit lol 😉

Luckily I was not driving.

4. Just off to our apartment building Christmas drinks. The local bar in CW is participating in shop small, so that is £60 for £30 on cocktails and beers across 6 cards. Lucky that it is only a 5 min walk home :)

5. Sounds like it!

6. You know you are too much into the game when you see CW as Club World….

7. hi guys
    do these offers also work independently for supplementary cards?
    thanks

8. Does anyone know if Apple Store Gift Cards come with an expiry date? I haven’t seen anything about expiry dates on the Apple website, but it seems unlikely that they would remain valid forever…

9. new offer available today £25 off a £50 spend at Argos, cheap gift cards anyone?

10. Christian says:

I was just coming here to post the same thing. Does it definitely apply to gift cards? Argos really is a terrible store! I have one on my platinum and one on by BA Premier, so will get £50 worth of free gift cards if so.

11. Sorry that should £53.95 Visa gift cards…

• Hi Marco,

Can you buy the gift cards using one of the terminals in store or do you have to go up to the cash desk.

Thanks

12. Wish I’d seen this before I spent £500 in Currys this morning. The site seems to be unreachable at the moment anyway.

13. Oh no it’s not 😉

14. What's the Point says:

Squills – we need the web link to register our other Amex cards.
    Come on, crack that code!

• Hi
      You can register it via Foursquare account.

• My Gold supp card is registered online and has never received any offers directly, though I do have it in the same online account as my BA Amex so this may have something to do with it.

Registering supp cards via foursquare works fine though.

15. What's the Point says:

I’ve only got a work BB, so I have to do it the old fashioned way (via a web page!)

16. Do Argos sell Currys gift cards?

17. That’s great, thanks a lot.