Exciting new Kaligo.com promotion – 3,000 bonus Avios for every £200 hotel booking

Hotel booking site Kaligo.com, which awards Avios points with every hotel you book, has launched its new promotion for the April to June period.

It is a simple, straightforward one.

For every hotel booking over £200 you make before June 30th, you will receive 3,000 bonus Avios points.

These points are in addition to the base Avios points you will receive for your booking.  You receive the bonus for every booking you make during the period, up to maximum of 30,000 bonus Avios.

The stays can be taken at any point until June 30th 2016 – a full year!

The £200 target spend includes VAT so there is no ‘funny business’ over what counts as applicable spend.  If you pay more than £200, your stay qualifies.

You MUST register before you book at this promotional website in order to receive the bonus.

Kaligo 350 2

As usual with such promotions, you need to check your pricing before you book.  Kaligo.com is not always the cheapest place to book – it depends on the property.  However, when you factor in the value of the 3,000 bonus Avios points – plus the base Avios you earn from the stay – they should be looking pretty good.

Remember that you will usually not earn points for your room spend in any hotel loyalty programme linked to the property you book if you use Kaligo.com (or indeed any third-party hotel booking site).  Depending on the hotel, you may receive status benefits or points for your food and drink spend.

Kaligo.com also shared a few other bits of news with me:

You can now add your company name to your profile, which means that your company name will appear on the invoice you are sent.  Some customers had requested this to help with expense claims and invoicing.

You can now search by points of interest rather than just city name

Singapore Airlines Krisflyer has been added as a new partner.  If you collect KrisFlyer miles, there is a launch promotion here.  The other airlines they work with are Air Asia, American, Asia Miles, Etihad, Jet, Thai, United and Xiamen – full details here.

Remember that you have until June 30th to book your rooms to qualify for the ‘3,000 bonus Avos per booking’ offer.

What is the best hotel scheme? - IHG Rewards Club - The Opinion
The new SPG Suite at the 02 - an outstanding non-travel redemption

Comments

1. Would you get 3 x 3,000 bonus if a 3 night stay was completed under 3 separate bookings? (Each night over £200 of course)

• Yes, you would with Kaligo. When you stay the hotel would link the bookings but that has no impact on Kaligo who still see it as 3 separate bookings.

• Werner says:

As is usual with such bookings, I imagine they’d get put together by the hotel into one booking. However, if you were travelling with a partner, you could book nights in two different names, I guess.

• This is slightly different though. Whilst – for a hotel-run promotion – I agree that it wouldn’t work, it is different with Kaligo because they are an intermediary. But, yes, if concerned book the middle night in your partners name and credit to their BA account.

2. Pat Butcher says:

Doubt it is worth me wasting any more time searching for a competitive price with them.
    I don’t really want to buy avios and if I did there are cheaper ways.

3. oyster says:

I’m guessing if it’s on expenses then it matters less.

4. I have found these sites can offer good prices when availability is tight during special events but I find it a bit sick that someone would actively pay over the odds if it’s on expenses just to accrue the points.

5. Feenster says:

Last promotion was very generous for me. 20k bonus miles and 5k for stays. Plus on every stay I checked in at an executive lounge and the kind Sir gave me full status points!

Long may it last.

• Erico1875 says:

As I have said in the past. Unless you work for someone who is too stupid to care what they pay for your room, this offer is a non starter.

• It’s pretty bad that HfP constantly plugs these on his blog.

I think Raffles should mark posts that are clearly ‘paid for’ advertisements. This is not really news at all.

What next a ghost written book a la Zoella?

• Eh?! Kaligo doesn’t pay for space on the site. The offers are decent so they get promoted. Given the amount of holiday filler this week you should be grateful for something resembling news :-) (and I am intrigued as to why a promotion which has just launched is not ‘news’ in your book).

Kaligo does radical stuff like actually telling me about their new promotions (as opposed to waiting for me to find about them via telepathy or a reader) which makes them more likely to be featured. You will also remember that they donated 100,000 Avios for a competition earlier in the year which gets them a level of goodwill from me.

Kaligo ads do appear on HFP but they are placed by Google and I have no control over them.

If anyone wants to pay me a big advance for a book on Avios – and then find someone else to write it for me – I would be very keen though, I agree :-)

• For all the articles people keep saying you shouldn’t be writing, you could cut down to 2 per day. Not that I agree with them. I just skip the ones that aren’t relevant to me.

• That would be the logical thing to do I agree :-)

The open rate on the emails is 55% which means that average person decides to read 1.5 stories a day on average. That is fine by me.

6. Chris Lilley says:

Thanks to this article, I should get 6k extra Avios from two bookings for trips in the next month (Toronto and New York). Cheers!

7. Bruno Matos says:

Hello. I made a reservation for Disney in Orlando for 3 nights and different than most people complaining here my booking in Kaligo: $ 98.00 where the same resort at Disney was: $ 123.00. Also I will still get 4000 Avios.

I contacted the Kaligo support asking for my Disney reservation code. But the Kaligo team don’t answer yet. I wonder if you’ve made a booking at Disney through Kaligo or can help me. Thank you very much.