Bits: Qatar adds 2nd Heathrow A380, 1200 Avios with Amazon Fire Stick

News in brief:

Qatar adds 2nd Heathrow A380

Qatar Airways announced yesterday that they are adding a second A380 aircraft out of Heathrow to Doha from July 1st.

The even better news is that this is replacing an A330 service which features Qatar’s oldest, sloping, business class product.  The service will depart Heathrow at 21.30, arriving at 06.10 in Doha.  The return will depart Doha at 12.35, landing at 17.55.

Unlike the new Boeing 787 fleet, the A380 aircraft do include a First Class cabin of eight seats (picture below).

As a British Airways partner, you earn Avios and tier points when you fly Qatar and can redeem your Avios points for their flights.

Qatar A380 First Class

500 Clubcard points with the Amazon Fire TV Stick

The Amazon Fire TV Stick is the Amazon equivalent of Google Chromecast – a small dongle that you plug into a HDMI socket on your TV and use for wireless streaming from your mobile phone or tablet.  If you subscribe to Amazon Instant Video you can stream with the Fire TV Stick without requiring any additional device.

What it can and cannot do depends on what phone or tablet you already own.  I recommend taking a look at the Tesco site for details.

If you order before May 13th, you will receive 500 bonus Clubcard points.  These will convert into 1,200 Avios points or 1,250 Virgin Flying Club miles.  You can order via Tesco Direct here.

25% discount when you buy SPG points - a way of buying cheap(ish) airline miles
The law of unintended consequences - why I've just cancelled two IHG credit cards

Comments

1. Erico1875 says:

Firestick seems to get good reviews. I already have Chromecast which I think is a fantastic device and is a fiver cheaper.
    I may take a punt on one of these for the bonus club card points

2. I went for the Fire stick when they had £16 off for Prime members :)

3. Metatone says:

Lloyds have a strange offer where you can get 10% cash back on Hilton or Waldorf if you pay with a Lloyds debit or credit card.

4. mikeact says:

Mighty Deals selling £10 Tesco evoucher for £5 as well.

5. Jimmyjimmy says:

Tech help (slightly OT)
    Does the fire stick lete play a movie that’s stored on my Fire tablet (hdx) on the TV.
    Thanks
    J

6. Nice about the Qatar flights.. might make some of their routings a bit more reasonable (keen to try them but seem to keep coming up against long layovers to get the cheapest fares).

7. Hingeless says:

News: more F seats out of Heathrow.

HFP is back to normal after the hostel story :)

8. hailo 1000 avios iberia

• Only works with the Spanish version of the app which is only on the Spanish app store!

• Can you access that by a VPN such as Hola?

• Scratch that. No is the answer.

• I have someone checking this at the moment, just waiting to see if points hit

• I can confirm, that it is possible to get the 1000 points without being in Span. Involves a few minutes altering the settings in Android to allow mock GPS location and an app like fakeGPS
            Points hit this morning after entering the code about a month ago.

• It works on apps downloaded from the UK app store but you have to be in Spain to see the field where you enter your Iberia number. When I was in Barcelona in February I entered by number and a few days later received 1000 bonus Avios.

9. I’m booked on to the DOH-LHR flight in F on July 2nd. I’m now very pleased at the prospect of it being an A380.

10. Looks like the £250 Hong Kong return flights are popular http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/300-virgin-atlantic-return-from-heathrow-hong-kong-zuji-2190872

scroll down to see the cheap ones, Dreamliner

11. OT – but I managed to get 2 flights in March 2016 to KUL using BA241. This was great for me as there had no availability up till now, but managed to get the only 2 flights available – with about 2 weeks between the out and in flight. I assume this is due to someone cancelling their booking and booking with Qatar and the bargain business class fares last week. So thanks to whoever that was!

12. ComeFlyWithMe123 says:

OT – I am looking to pay off my Santander loan early and when calling for a settlement figure, the agent said I could pay with a credit card. Happy days I am thinking!! Does anyone know if my card provider will deem this as a cash advance and therefore charge me for doing this (I could use AMEX, IHG or Hilton Barclaycard etc)

Thanks in Advance.

• Going back a few years, but it just got charged as a purchase when I paid off my student loan on my credit card.