Which Hilton hotels can you book for just 10,000 points per night?

Yesterday I took a look at the 49 hotels which are just 5,000 Hilton HHonors points per night.  These are incredibly cheap redemptions – you could stay for 20 nights for the cost of just one night at the Hilton Park Lane in London – and two of the 49 are in the UK.

In truth, only a handful of these  hotels are likely to be anywhere near your tourist radar.  Far more practical is the list of Category 2 Hilton HHonors hotels which cost 10,000 points per night.

As you can currently buy Hilton HHonors poinst with a 100% bonus, you are paying as little at 0.5 cents per night.  This would mean that a night at a Category 2 hotel would cost just £30-£35 if you were to buy the points.

Hilton HHonors has 130 hotels which are 10,000 points per night EVERY NIGHT.

You can see a full list here.

Hampton Hotel Sheffield

Six of these properties are in the UK:

• Hampton by Hilton Derby City Centre
  • Hampton by Hilton Liverpool / John Lennon Airport
  • Doubletree by Hilton Newcastle International Airport
  • Hampton by Hilton Newcastle
  • Hilton Newport
  • Hampton by Hilton Sheffield (photo above)

All Hampton hotels include free breakfast and free wi-fi so these are a very good deal for 10,000 points.

Hilton also gives 5-night redemptions for the points of 4, so you could book five nights at any of these properties for just 40,000 Hilton points.  You need Hilton elite status to be able to do this, but Hilton HHonors Silver status comes free when you get the UK Hilton credit card.

10,000 point properties also turn up (focussing on Europe) in Krakow Airport, Bratislava, Cluj, Gdansk, Istanbul, Kayseri, Malatya, Mardin, Samsun, Sibiu, Vienna and Warsaw Airport.  The places you have never heard of in this list are mainly in Turkey!

If you don’t want to buy the points, remember that you can earn 10,000 Hilton HHonors points with a transfer of just 5,000 Amex Membership Rewards points or 6,667 Virgin Flying Club miles (albeit Virgin requires a 10,000 point minimum transfer).

(Want to earn more hotel points?  To see our complete list of promotions from the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

When a British Airways ex-Europe trip goes wrong .....
Three things which I'd like British Airways Executive Club to copy

Comments

1. The Virgin Miles bit is correct at 2:3, but min transfer is 10k and then in blocks of 10k. So you couldn’t transfer just 6667.

AMEX is in blocks of 50. (Think minimum is 250???)

2. Worth sharing that the current promo has now been extended and includes all hotels…

Here’s Robs article on its from March….

• I was on double miles given the Virgin offer last quarter. Now this is over I want to switch to double points for this Q but it appears to not allow me to switch when I register for this promo….

• Yes, covering this tomorrow.

3. Oscarthegrouch says:

OT: Does anyone know how the summer sale, extra 5% for hhonors members works? I can get prices on hilton.com, with and without entering my hhonors details, and they are the same…

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

The extra 5% is only in certain countries. I had a look when the sale first launched and I think I saw it price up with an extra 5% off.

4. David Barron says:

Doubletree by Hilton Sheffield Park is also 10k points per night. And it has a pool!

I have stayed here a couple of times and its pretty good.

As a Gold member I also get a free continental breakfast thrown in when booking a Reward stay. It is also worth checking out Money & Reward options. For example it may be possible to book for just £22 plus 4k points instead of the 10k points – which unless you have plenty points in your account is actually in my opinion much better value still.

The only thing worth noting is that in many of these hotels if you try to book 2 adults plus 1 child (in my case a 16 month old who needs a cot) the Hilton website will for some hotels try to book you a family room or another larger type room with a sofa bed – rooms which are not standard redemptions so can cost much much more. Ironic given that most Hilton’s have a policy of ‘Kids Go Free`. In the case of Sheffield Park as a Reward Stay these rooms don’t exist so if you try booking a reward stay with kids it shows zero availability! Rightly or wrongly when we have booked here I have declared 2 adults only to get the 10k rate and we have brought our own travel cot. Although not massive rooms there is sufficient space to set up the cot. Perhaps if I had booked over the phone I would have got the same rate declaring my son?

It’s clearly not every hotel that’s a problem because declaring an infant in my view shouldn’t bump up the price. For example last week I had a Points and Money Reward stay at Hilton Leicester and the price didnt change between booking as 2 adults or 2 adults plus 1 child.

If travelling with kids (particularly infants) it’s worth trying different options when looking to book!

• I find this true of most hotels worldwide

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Only ~£18 to buy the extra 5k points in the current promo.

• Simon85 says:

Just got back from two nights (Thur/Fri) at Doubletree Sheffield Park on a redemption at 10k per night. Very good value and the pool was great. As for breakfasts, I’m Hilton Gold and we both helped ourselves to cook breakfasts and weren’t charged. (I find this happens a lot at buffets!)
      Only issue was that there was a wedding party on the Friday night and it was rather loud until about 1am.

• On free breakfasts:

Im diamond and order poached eggs in every hilton I go to and I’ve never had anyone bat an eyelid (despite ordering these from the member of staff that has just ticked my name off the ‘free breakfast’ list.)

When my status is safe and Im points heavy I switch to booking vie 3rd party sites so my status doesnt always get added to the account. They may charge me for breakfast but when I see the bill on check out I just say ‘oh – Im diamond’ and they immediately wipe the charges once I give them my number….

I also never have breakfast in the VIP lounge as its always just a cut down version of the full one….

• It is often a regulation imposed by the fire department or some other health and safety issue. It clearly makes no difference to the hotel.

5. A possible daft question…… but just to check…. if buying points with an Amex, does this count as a normal purchase e.g. on the BA card, it counts towards your annual spend target and earning Avios?

Thanks

• Used my gold amex to buy £500 worth, seems to count as normal spend, much closer to £2k=20k bonus :-)

• I’m guessing as the points are priced in USD using the Amex incurs the 2.99% fx charge?

6. Great article Raffles! Hampton Newcastle is a bargain at 10000 points as it is located near the train station.

7. OT

New Amex offer:
    Spend £10 and get £5 back at the Post Office (on counter NOT on-line)
    Login to your AMEX account and save the Post Office offer to your card(s)

Link for Non Amex issued Amex cards. Lloyds, MBNA etc

8. Danksy says:

My other half got a targetted email for 2 nights at the Hilton Metropole for £229 with a bonus of 10,000 hilton points!

She’s a HHonors member but Bronze 😛

• Danksy says:

Just read the smallprint— It’s a timeshare sales pitch 😛

• @mkcol says:

It is indeed a HGVC pitch – I got the same email however it ties in very nicely with a weekend I need to be in London anyway, where a hotel was going to cost around another £100 on top. I’m happy to sell myself for an hour to save that plus get 10K HHonors thrown at me.

9. Jambuie says:

The Hampton in Newport is only 5,000 points. It’s right by J23 of the M4 so not exactly a holiday destination, but if it’s convenient to get to you could get Gold for only 20,000 points (or £65 if you bought the point on the double points offer) using one of the fast track offers.