New UK-only Hilton competition – win 1,000,000 Hilton points!

Hilton HHonors has launched yet another competition for members in the UK.  This is the third one in as many months – but it would be churlish to complain!

To celebrate the 10 year partnership between Hilton and the McLaren-Honda Formula 1 team, you could win:

First prize:  1,000,000 Hilton HHonors points

Second prize:  5 x a tour for two people of the McLaren Technology Campus in Woking

Third prize: 10 x McLaren-Honda caps signed by Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso

Hilton competition

I tend to value a Hilton HHonors point at 0.3p which would make the first prize worth around £3,000.  However, with 1 million points to play with, you could redeem at one of the high-end Hilton resorts and get substantially more for your money.

If you had Hilton elite status – which comes free with their UK credit card – you get five nights for the price of four when redeeming.  1,000,000 points would then get you 12 nights at the Conrad Rangali resort in The Maldives, for example, which is worth around £12,000.

Entry is free and entry is easy so you have no excuse!

Simply visit this page here and enter your Hilton HHonors details.  The competition closes on July 20th.

(Want to earn more hotel points?  To see our complete list of promotions from the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Holiday Tips 2 - earning miles with your credit card abroad
2,000 bonus Club Carlson points PER NIGHT for online bookings

Comments

1. Waribai says:

“5 x a tour for two people of the McLaren Technology Campus in Woking”

Once upon a time…. this would have been a great prize. Can’t imagine they’ve got much to show these days!

2. I value a McLaren-Honda cap signed by Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso at around 0.3p. 😉

3. Or you could stay for 200 nights in the Hampton Inn at Corby or Newport. I have stayed at both of these to satisfy my 4 stays for Gold Challenge and they are actually very acceptable, even my wife had to accept that.
    I would use the million to drive from SFO to Vancouver and maybe into the Rockies.

4. What's the Point says:

Mark2 – I believe that this marathon stay at Corby could be extended even further by using the 5 night for 4 nights promotion?

Taking you to 250 nights!

• This might actually be a good use of points if you pay rent in London.
      Presuming you being your stay in January, it gives you residence in the Hampton until September 9th, Presuming you’d want the 9 days in September to look for new accomodation / overlap / security, that’s 8 months rent-free. If you live in London, including bills, council tax etc, that could be valued easily at £1800/month (£1600 rent + £300 bills), putting this redemption at £14400 if you value it as cash saved that stays in your bank 😀

• What's the Point says:

£1,800 per month in Corby or Newport would get you a castle!

• sandgrounder says:

Maybe. But could you live out your Alan Partridge fantasies in a castle? I think not!

5. Hi Raffles, when you say their credit card comes with Elite status how do you mean? I have their card via Barclays an am on silver. Admittedly I only use it when a place doesn’t accept Amex so I don’t have too many points.

• My wording here was not clear, sorry. By ‘elite’ status I meant Silver – ie you have any level above the basic level – because that is all you need to trigger the ‘5 nights for the points of 4’ deal.

6. OT, I still haven’t received the 1000 points for changing of password. Should I do anything?

• I also didn’t receive it automatically. Drop them a message and they credited the points within 48 hours.

• ankomonkey says:

Likewise. I mailed and they added the points manually within a day or two.

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

I received my 1,000 points for a password change in April. I can’t remember when I did it but pretty sure my wait was measured in days, not weeks or months.

• I didn’t get mine either but I emailed them and they added them straight away.

7. How do you get 5 nights for the price of 4 at the Conrad?
    I am hhonors gold, but when I go to book 12 nights it is charging me for 12 nights?

• What's the Point says:

Craig – just checking that you are using points to book the hotel?

I believe you will also need make a separate booking of 5 nights, and then another of 5 nights to follow on from it to only use 4 nights worth of points on each booking.

• Peter K says:

It’s 5 for 4 on reward nights, not on cash booking nights, in case that’s the issue.