50 free Avios in Iberia Plus – zero effort required!

Iberia Plus has launched a Summer competition.  I won’t bore you with the details because it is pretty irrelevant to almost all HFP readers.  Basically, you receive one entry into a prize draw to win one of 300 flights for every points-earning transaction you make with Iberia Plus.

What IS relevant is this:

Iberia is offering you 50 Avios just for reading about the competition.

All you need to do is visit this special Summer Flights web page and enter your Iberia Plus number.  50 Avios will be coming your way – note, though, that they do NOT post instantly.

(If that link doesn’t work – it seems to cause trouble in some browsers – use www.iberiasummerflights.com  This is a Spanish page but is easy to follow, just put your IB number in the white box at the bottom!)

Iberia A330 350

Whilst 50 Avios is hardly enough to get excited about, it does have one important benefit.  It ‘activates’ your Iberia Plus account.

You can only transfer Avios in or out of Iberia Plus if you account is 90 days old AND you have earned 1 Avios point.  This is the easy way of earning that 1 Avios point.

(Once your account is active, of course, you can transfer your 50 points over to ba.com via ‘Combine My Avios‘ and add them to your main Avios balance.)

The key reason to transfer Avios points INTO Iberia Plus is that Iberia does not charge fuel surcharges on Iberia redemptions when booked via the Iberia website.  BA does charge fuel surcharges.

This means a typical Iberia redemption, such as Madrid to Havana, will be £250 cheaper for the exact same flight when booked on iberia.com vs ba.com.

I wrote more about these savings in this article.  Note, though, that the article has not been updated to reflect the new Avios pricing post-April 28th.

Click here and claim your 50 Avios today!

When your Marriott Rewards points expire, and how to stop it
Bits: BA Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur go 787, £30 off Air New Zealand to LA, my night with Daniel Boulud

Comments

1. The page seems to be a blank page within the Iberia website – no content and nowhere to enter your login details ….

• Frenske says:

Worked for me, using chrome on Android mobile.

• Charles says:

If it doesn’t work for you, you would need to enable the browser to display the unsecure content.
      In Firefox, that would be on the left hand side of the address bar.
      In Chrome, it would be on the right hand side.
      in IE, you need to click ‘show all content’ at the bottom.
      Or you can just click the link on View from the wing as someone else mentioned.

2. I think there’s some problem with the link from Head for Points. If you go via the link from View for the Wing it works fine.

3. Globetrotter7 says:

Done. Thank you!

4. If BA.com has a Qatar flight showing LHR-DOH, with business seats available, how can you book that seat through Iberia when there website shows no availability in business?

• * their *

• Worzel says:

There’s also knob and nob.

• The_Real_A says:

I actually spilt my coffee from laughing at this :)

• My thoughts were a teacher already bored with the break. But I like your theory more.

• I’ll have to proof “reed” my posts next time.
            Secondly, Rob, it would save me 80k Avios booking with Iberia during school holidays.

• Schools round here break up today, so it could only be an independent school teacher!

• You don’t want to, because non-Iberia flights booked via iberia.com are not changeable and not refundable, even on BA.

• It would save me 80k avios by booking, thorugh Iberia, during school holidays if I am able to book seats.
        But I can’t see them on Iberia :(

5. Waribai says:

Worked fine for me!

6. It says the registration period closes today, so best not leave it until tomorrow!

7. done. cheers

8. Are there any new account/referral bonuses at the moment for iberia?

9. Peter K says:

No problems for me except, as has already been mentioned, I had to allow the unsecure content.

10. Thank you for the points!
    FF didn’t work, IE did. There this URL showed up within the unsecured content, which again works in FF: http://iberiasummerflights.com/

11. Julian says:

Open the page from HFP then if blank, yake the https:// off the front of the URL so it just reads http://www.iberia…. works on IE, Chrome and Fiefox.

12. mine posted instantly :)

13. oh no they didnt, i mustve done something simliar last september!

14. Anyone know how long it takes for the 50 points to be added? I entered competition and it said it worked but no points yet? Thanks

• Andrew says:

I’m still waiting for my 50 Avios as well. Anyone else not got theirs?

Trackbacks

1. […] used a device I had access to and it took 10 minutes .[*]Keep an eye out for IB mini-deals, such as this that appeared the same day I did the Helios […]