Bits: Aspire T5 lounge opening date, Radisson and Park Inn flash sale now on

News in brief:

Opening date for the Aspire Terminal 5 lounge announced

Via their Twitter feed, Servisair / Swissport has announced that the new ‘Aspire’ lounge in Terminal 5 will open on August 4th.

This is good news for me if true as I am passing through T5 on August 6th!

Slightly suprisingly, the base entry price has been set at £35.  This is – to be fair – the same as Plaza Premium charges in Terminal 2 for a two hour visit, but that lounge is of a very high calibre. oozes class and is the definition of ‘oasis of calm’.  It remains to be seen if Aspire can reach this level.  A computer image of the design is below.

If you are planning to visit the Aspire lounge and do not have a Priority Pass, your best option is to book in advance and guarantee admission via the Aspire website here.

Aspire Lounge Heathrow Terminal 5

Radisson Blu and Park Inn flash sale – save 30%

Both Radisson Blu and the budget Park Inn chain are running flash sales for the next few hours (they end at midnight on Wednesday).

Here are the key features:

you get a 30% discount on the standard B&B rate

only Radisson Blu and Park Inn properties in the UK are included

stay dates are from now until September 6th

you must book by midnight on Wednesday

You will earn points in the Club Carlson loyalty scheme – you can top these up with American Express Membership Rewards points at a generous 1:3 ratio if you are short of a reward.

The Radisson Blu landing page for the sale is here.  The Park Inn page is here.

Can you transfer Amex Membership Rewards to someone else when you cancel your card? Er, 'Yes'.
LAST DAY: British Airways World Traveller and World Traveller Plus sale ends today

Comments

1. Adam Creen says:

UK *and Ireland*. So includes Cork, Limerick, Dublin x3 etc.

2. I appreciate we need to await confirmation, but I can’t imagine them not taking PP cards – they’d be turning down a lot of cash otherwise!

• the_real_a says:

Im sure they will accept them, but I think the problem might be turning people away at busy times. I fear it might be a lottery if you can actually get in.

• Good point, that seems to have been an increasing issue recently at LGW from what I’ve read.

• Yep flew on this Saturday from both terminal CE to Seville, terraces was v busy so thought we would go to no.1 despite having a full house of AA, PP and LC told they were full and taking reservations only

• Martin says:

That’s potentially why the cost maybe set so high

3. Tim Millea says:

Talking of hotel sales, Travel Republic has the five star Seher Sun Palace, Side, Turkey, between 19th November and 15th December, at £6.80 per night for sole-occupancy of a twin or double room on an all-inclusive basis (yes all food and drinks for the price of a couple of drinks). That is what I call a hotel sale. Don’t try two sharing or any other dates than these – you will get the real price.

Tim.

4. RIccati says:

I have a better option for you Raffles on the 6th, can invite to Galleries First :-)

5. Paul Irving says:

If they do accept Lounge Club, would entry be £15 per person and is there a maximum amount of people you can bring at anyone time with LC,

6. Julian says:

According to Collinson Group press release who (own Priority Pass), Priority Pass will be accepted.

Errol McGlothan, General Manager EMEA at Collinson Group said: “We are delighted to have the opportunity to open an independent lounge at Terminal 5, one of the most important terminals in the world, which our Priority Pass customers can enjoy.

7. gnarlyoldgoatdude says:

Almost worth making a Carlsson booking, as I received this.

Dear GOGD,
    You’re one of our most valued members. But we haven’t seen you for a while.

To welcome you back, we’ll give you 9,000 BONUS GOLD POINTS if you book and stay with us in the next 2 months.

8. James67 says:

OT Bit: could somebody please remind me whether the 150 bonus cc points from giftcards at tesco post overnight or whether it takes two days? I thought nect cut off date was next week but just noticed it’s Thursday 23rd so wondering if I need to go shopping today or if it can wait until tomorrow. Thanks.

• It takes 2 days. If in need of some points in a hurry then the inkjet promo is on! 500 clubcard points per pack.

• Would go today, as either points may not post until Thursday morning, but they may post tonight.

• James67 says:

Ok folks will be on safe side and go now thanks. Looking for 450 from giftcards and the 300 MR points from PRG which should give me the 40k IHG points via virgin for a punt on spire using Robs approach. May yet be a waste of points but with a long European tour coming up next spring it will be a good outcome if it gets us breakfast most days.

• If you can’t find any 3v, south Queensferry store had a peg of them this afternoon.

• James67 says:

I went to Broughton Road, looks like somebody cleared out the two pegs worth of pay cards they had there since last time I was in! Happy ending though, 15% off £25 itunes cards so stocked up on those which I usually send to kids in family for birthdays.

• Broughton Road is my old store from when i was a student in Edinburgh and then my depressing lunch time haunt from when i worked nearby, or as my posh landlord called it ‘Willie Lows’. Old school!

My local Tesco now seems to be rationing 3V! There is a constant 4 per peg each day, which i take.

• Hehe loving the nostalgia – Willie Low’s were pretty good stores, was a shame to see them go!