Big UK Accor sale this week – rooms from just £25! Airport hotels included

There seems to be ‘something in the air’ in the hotel business which smells a little of panic as the stock market starts to teeter.

Starwood, as I cover in my third article today, has changed its current promotion to make it more generous.  Marriott, as I will cover tomorrow, is offering most people a free night for two stays – something not seen for a few years.

Accor has decided to run a one week sale which – for one week only – replaces their usual ‘Happy Mondays’ offer.

The special sale website is here.

Sofitel Terminal 5 Heathrow

The prices are very attractive:

• Ibis & Ibis Styles (outside London) – £25
  • Ibis & Ibis Styles (London airports) – £25
  • Ibis & Ibis Styles (Central London) – £40
  • Novotel & Mercure (outside London) – £40
  • Novotel & Mercure (Central London) – £60
  • Pullman Liverpool – £60
  • Pullman London St Pancras – £90
  • Sofitel London Gatwick – £90
  • Sofitel London Heathrow (photo above) – £119

These rates are available for stays from 5th February to 4th April.

You must by midnight on Friday 22nd January.  You must be a member of Le Club AccorHotels but you can sign up for free on the Accor site.

These are EXCELLENT prices in many cases.  If, for example, you could get the Novotel London Blackfriars which I reviewed here for just £60 then you’d be getting a bargain.

Visit the Accor sale website here and take a look around.

(Want to earn more hotel points?  Click here to see  our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Promos’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Sales and vouchers round-up - Opodo, hotels.com, Thistle
Reminder: Short-haul Avios redemptions often cheaper when booked as 2 x one-ways

Comments

1. Graham Chilton says:

Accor members rate for the Sofitel Heathrow offers only a 5% saving.
    Looked at rates for the 21/03/2016
    Waste of time.

2. Tried it only to find the price increases when you try to book !

• I booked yesterday only works on the specific link, clearly says in terms that all cash back sites are not eligible. Prices are available but not in large quantities

3. Cheers for this, i used my AMEX £50 travel voucher to book a midweek break to Istanbul for £105.56 (3 nights / 4 days) – I was only to set off early in the morning, but now I might a hotel before i fly :)

• The Sofitel for 21/3/16 comes out @ £173 – £50 = £123 (Amex Travel £50 voucher)

• Any ideas how I can get 2 rooms, at the Abu Dhabi traveller Hilton, which are pricing through Amex travel at £64 each up to £75 each? The next room is £84 each. One of each comes out at £149 ;(

• It is now the £119 rate that is still available for that night

• Lady London says:

Er…. bit surprised I seem to have wandered into the wrong website!
        Was the above really a comment?
        Was it really necessary to cut and paste the lot?

• Aeronaut says:

I know which comment (aka thesis) you were referring to – an epic copy & paste job – but Raffles’s feather duster appears to have been at work for it has since been cleaned away.

4. Gadgeteer1066 says:

I was looking to book a night at the new Pullman in Liverpool, but none of the dates during the promotion are coming up as £60, just the same rates I could book by going directly to the ordinary site – not the offer site.

5. I booked the Ibis hotel at Luton Airport and it was £25! Just follow the instructions.
    Now the tube can be on strike, I don’t care anymore!

6. Andrew H says:

For anyone trying to book the Sofitel Heathrow cheaply, you can still get it for good prices on lastminute.com as a secret hotel (see Raffles’ article). I saw a price for £103 yesterday. There was a voucher code as well but it doesn’t work anymore.

7. also, the pullman st pancras has excellent availability

8. Ibis Heathrow only coming up with a 5% discount to 61 per night. Am I missing something?

9. Lady London says:

I looked at several hotels and dates I could have booked using the link.
    Nothing discounted at all, on anything I looked at.
    This is good as it lets me concentrate on booking my stays for IHG Accelerate.

10. Belfast Biscuit says:

Cheers for this.

Managed to bag a £25 room in Reading. I’d already booked another hotel with my IHG points so will cancel and save the 30,000 points for another day!

11. dicksbits says:

Not sure how attractive the price for the Gatwick sofitel is when they are showing it for £86 on last minute.com Secret Hotels

12. Andrew H says:

I’ve had an exhaustive look for Novotel Blackfriars but I can’t find any availability for the £60 price, alas.

13. Bugger! I’ve just booked a non refundable room for the night before my Eurostar trip to Amsterdam.

14. Guesswho2000 says:

OT, re the Marriott Rewards credit card – was at the Marriott Huntingdon today for a conference, they had a load of application leaflets on the check in desk, but I see the online form is still dead – wonder whether this is a case of them not bothering/knowing to remove them, or whether they’re taking paper/offline applications still?

• I guess the former – Marriott went to a lot of trouble to wipe all signs of the card off the website. That said, I am also pretty sure Creation would accept a mailed in application as I’m sure they want the business.

• sam wardill says:

Any chance you could scan and email me one Guesswho2000? Sam[dot]Wardill[at]Gmail[dot]com

15. Discount mike says:

Booked ibis docklands excel for £25 a night for a week. Also ibis budget Whitechapel for £25 for a week as docklands was not available. Part a month long stay in London only costing me £700.

• Me too! Well, not for a week, but I’ve bagged a few nights at the Ibis.

The two Excel hotels (Ibis and Novotel) can come in at ridiculous prices. They seem to price them as “not in London” for certain dates, obviously when there’s nothing on at the exhibition centre. I’ve got the Novotel for £40 on Happy Mondays sometimes, which is an incredible deal – especially as I usually get an upgrade for being Accor Gold.

The funny thing is, presumably all hotels at Excel have the problem that they’re completely empty if there’s nothing on, but only the Ibis and the Novotel seem to dump their inventory like this. Even the Ibis Styles across the road (which is rubbish by the way) doesn’t do it.

16. Janice Edgar says:

Don’t worry. You’ll never get any points from Accor if you stay anyway. I stayed in their hotel in Melbourne 11-23 December and despite a phone call and 3 emails, nothing.

The account was locked (despite just having been created and upgraded to platinum thanks to an Amex platinum)

If that’s the quality of service, I shudder to think what the hotels are like (my Melbourne hotel was recently purchased from Hilton and the staff remains substantially the same from that era)

17. No availability at the sale rates for late Feb in Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol or Birmingham :-(

18. Sofitel appear to no longer recognise Platinum status with 3rd party booking (e.g. Lastminute’s Secret Hotels). I put decent value in the combined benefits, so this promo is even more useful as it’s a direct booking.

19. sam wardill says:

Did I miss the promised info on the Marriott 2 for 1?

20. Hi there

I have just over 1100 Accor points about to expire. I am unable to manage a mattress run. Is it possible to transfer them to Iberia. Thanks