SUNDAY ONLY: 2,400 Avios when you spend £100 at Tesco Wine

Love Clubcard, don’t collect Avios?  You should be reading our sister site, Shopper Points (, which covers the latest Clubcard and Nectar offers without any distracting frequent flyer talk!  Why not check it out now?

Tesco Wine has launched a one day discount code which expires tonight (Sunday).

It is worth 1,000 Clubcard points when you spend £100 at the Tesco Wine website.

1,000 Clubcard points would, of course, convert into 2,400 Avios points or 2,500 Virgin Flying Club miles.

Tesco Wine

The code you need is XXMHHF.  Simply add the code to your order on the final payment page where it says “Use Clubcard vouchers and eCoupons” and the 1,000 extra Clubcard points will be added to your account immediately.

There is no major sale going on alongside this.  However, if you look at the ‘Special Offers’ tab you will find a number of wines reduced.  If you can match up a good deal and use the 1,000 points code (which could be worth £30+ in Clubcard Boost deals if used wisely) you will be doing very nicely indeed.

Click here to visit the wine site and see what is available.  Don’t forget to order TODAY and to add at least £100 of wine to your basket to trigger the bonus.

Bits: win tickets to Le Mans with Avios & Shell, how a reader used his free GHA Platinum status
10 UK travel credit cards hike their interest rates sharply

1. Genghis says:

Thanks Raffles (and Dom) – very timely as I need to stock up on some vino

• Johnnycl says:

Genghis, OT but I recall you asking about lounge options at IST recently?

I was passing through yesterday and used the Primeclass CIP lounge which was good. It’s a nice space with different seating options (tables, sofas, stools etc.) and was not overcrowded. There wasn’t a massive food selection available but I was only there briefly for breakfast so it was sufficient for a cup of turkish tea and a croissant.

It was a bit of a trek to the BA gate though which was at the opposite end, but also highlighted how packed the terminal was, so definitely worth using a lounge. I’ve not been to other lounges there so can’t compare, but would be happy to use this lounge again.

• Genghis says:

Yes. We used the Primeclass CIP lounge from around 4pm. Was relatively busy but got a table and comfy chairs. Decent food (stir fry and crispy chicken – almost karaage style) and a panna cotta for pud. My wife had a drinkable glass of wine and I just had coke (glass bottles so tastes much better). Sounds like we had a similar experience

2. I’m all over this, thanks guys! 😀

3. Added £108 worth of wine, during checkout I see I’ll get 1108 clubcard points… is that correct? or will I get 2008 clubcard points?

4. Nice sample for £101…
    Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon 75cl (6×75 cl)1£32.40
    The Post Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 75cl (6x75cl)1£30.00
    Dino Prosecco Brut 75cl (6x75cl)1£39.00

5. BTW, Rob ta for putting on here, don’t check shopper points often enough

• AndyGWP says:

Subscribe to the emails – very rare I go on the site so the emails are a bit of a reminder and a kick to make sure i’m not missing anything :)

6. Chris P says:

Many thanks for this – just collected 1,102 Clubcard points but also don’t forget to go via BA’s Gate 365 since there are 4 Avios per £ on Tesco Wine in addition.

7. Did anybody else wonder why Tesco would release a code just for 24 hrs?

Surely a test…

• harry, I need info on the Dragon Pass deal. Do I have to open a Barclays current account to take advantage of 6 passes?

• Barclays current a/c, free

they cancel the passes when you cancel travel pack plus

so: time your £13.50 sub (1 month)

you can download the app to get you in, as soon as you pay & register

8. thanks rob.
    OT anyone any idea when gate 365 is likely to have double avoid for apple again?

9. Sorry don’t know that nw1309, but a good avios return for Apple is at a Heathrow Dixon’s Travel. My wife got a new iPad there last week – 3 Heathrow Rewards/ £ (double points deal plus premium tier). Paid for with Curry’s vouchers from Tesco. Ordered it in advance via the Heathrow boutique site – and easy, as long as you don’t mind holding the till up whilst 25 gift cards are scanned! 5850 avios in all on a £500 iPad she was going to buy on the high street.

• Genghis says:

Good avios return. When I got a phone for my wife from Apple through Gate 365 (on double points) we got no where near that. I’ll be treating myself to a new phone soon so thanks for heads up. Top man

• I had an old phone to trade in when I got my 6S… Shamefully bought it at the apple store as this gave me a £75 saving from trade in … No avios but I didn’t see another way to get as good as a return without being phoneless

• We usually sell our phones on eBay and get a good price or try Computer Exchange, credits work well towards game purchases if that is your thing or though they will pay cash usually less than if you were taking a credit for a game. Check their website out for the price they will pay for the phone first.

10. Cheers Raffles and Dom… boosts the CC points for the quarter!

11. Looks like that’s the code finished for the day, obviously well used!

12. TGLoyalty says:

Just used it a few seconds ago, worked fine