First photos of Gatwick North Clubrooms for BA First and Gold passengers

If you are heading out of Gatwick on a British Airways flight in the near future, and have a Gold card or are travelling in First Class, there is some good news.

The No 1 Traveller Clubrooms are now open.

This means that – as long as you are travelling before 3pm –  you won’t have to use the overcrowded No 1 Traveller lounge or My Lounge (reviewed here), both of which have been full to (over)capacity since the British Airways lounges at Gatwick closed in January.

Clubrooms Gatwick North 4

A HFP reader was there yesterday and kindly sent me a few pictures.

The Clubrooms are for Gold and First Class passengers only.   Like the old BA First Class lounge, it appears to closes at 3pm to BA passengers in line with the last long-haul flight with a First Class cabin.  The lounge itself remains open until 8pm but only for paying guests.

Whilst not fully clear yet, it seems that only British Airways Gold cards will be accepted.  Top tier members of other oneworld frequent flyer programmes will not be admitted.

Clubrooms Gatwick North 5

Note that you still won’t get free champagne even if you head downstairs!  (You DO get free champagne if you book Clubrooms for cash, according to their website.)

Clubrooms Gatwick North 3

Clubrooms use the space below the main No 1 lounge previously occupied by the Delta lounge.  Once British Airways moves over to the South Terminal, Clubrooms will become an ‘uber premium’ lounge (c £40 per head) similar to the one in the South terminal which I reviewed here.  Until then, it is probably doomed to become a ‘slightly less overrun’ version of the main lounge, unless it is restricted to ticketed First Class passengers only.

Clubrooms Gatwick North

Looking at these pictures, No 1 seems to have tweaked the business model slightly. The original plan at Gatwick South was to sell whole rooms, targetting families and small groups who wanted their own private space.

The photos here look more like a standard airport lounge, albeit one furnished to a high standard and (once BA moves out) with a high price tag to enter.  Unfortunately the space is underground so lacks natural light, but apart from that I am impressed by what I see.

New 2,500 Avios or other miles Heathrow Rewards sign-up bonus
What are the best Star Alliance credit cards for UK residents?

1. Christian Harris says:

Was there this morning. Certainly an improvement on the rabble upstairs!

2. Mr Iain Ponton says:

Looks good.Off to Malta in 3 weeks. Wasnt looking forward to the old lounge…but this looks waaay better.

3. PP?

4. OT – (very off topic actually – sorry!)

Has anyone had their Hailo 1,000 bonus points credited to their BAEC account as yet? I used them 12th Feb and am still waiting…

• Johnnycl says:

Same here…no points yet.

I got in touch with them and they said it takes 60 days which for me is this week, but I suspect they are going to need chasing.

It seems pointless to offer promotions like this and take forever to fulfil their side of the bargain, if anything it will put me off using Hailo again.

• Same here, used on March 20th.

Think I will only be a one time user.

• Update from Hailo:

Thanks for using Hailo and for getting in touch.

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t received your Avios points. Please note that points are usually awarded within 60 days of you adding your British Airways Executive Club number and then from the date of travel of each booking (as per the terms and conditions).

However, having checked with British Airways, I can advise that points from February have unfortunately not yet been processed and awarded. We expect this to be rectified shortly. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay and thank you for your patience.

5. McPepper says:

Clubrooms is used by Aegean Airlines Business Class customers too, albeit the one in the south terminal.
    That one is much smaller but does have natural light.

I found it avit cheesy to be told ‘all our food is complimentary’, but also odd when the breakfast items had run out.
    A nice lounge though – especially the cooked to order dishes.

6. Aeronaut says:

Lack of natural light is a shame.

7. JamesWag says:

Do OneWorld Emerald status holders gain access ? (QR Plat).

• Jamie P says:

If you had read the article, you would have learnt that:

“Whilst not fully clear yet, it seems that only British Airways Gold cards will be accepted”

8. Off topic but has anyone else had there IHG spire status extended until DEC 2017? Last time I looked it was due to expire Dec 2016. Not complaining just wondering if this is the norm. Only had 2 paid stay in last 12 months.

• Not me :(

Elite Status Expiration Date: 31 Dec, 2016. To maintain your Elite status, either stay at least 10 qualifying nights with us or earn 10,000 qualifying points, within this calendar year.

• Yes, Spire seems to be valid until Dec 2017

• I got a new card in the post weeks ago saying exp 2017 with no specific month. My account online says Dec 2016 and also says stay 10 qualifying nights or earn 10k qualifying points. I am at 19k so far this year so not sure if I now have status through to Dec 2017 or not??? Think I will need to query it with them.

9. Julie Kalama says:

O/T but have just checked offers for my plat Amex and there is a 2000 MR points bonus with a £500 spend in Apple stores. May be useful to anyone planning a large purchase there.

10. Emeralds are accepted…

1. […] }); Some photos on HFP today (which under FT rules I need to remind you I run):…ld-passengers/ Looks very pleasant, although I have also been in the Gatwick S Clubrooms and they are equally […]

Photos of Gatwick North Clubrooms – now open