Need a UK Bank Holiday hotel? Accor Happy Mondays (£25+) available Fri-Tue and bookable now

Accor’s ‘Happy Mondays’ is the most generous hotel promotion available for last minute weekend rooms in the UK.  If you find yourself in need of a hotel room for the following weekend, it is definitely the best place to look.

It is nice and simple, and potentially a good deal. Every Monday and Tuesday, Accor makes a raft of UK hotel rooms available at discount prices for the following weekend.

May Madness Accor

Because next week is a Bank Holiday weekend, Accor has extended the offer and renamed it ‘May Madness.

You can book at these very aggressive rates for the coming Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night.  You can also book NOW – you don’t need to wait until Monday to book.

Remember, though, you must book by midnight on Tuesday.

A special booking link for the Bank Holiday

For one week only, the standard Happy Mondays website has been replaced with a different one.  You need to click here to book.

Here is a summary of the deal:

These are ‘room only’ deals and only some Accor hotels will be participating on any particular date

The headline prices are:

You book via this special Accor booking page here

Bookings will earn Le Club AccorHotels points

This is a great offer, especially in London.

These are clearly excellent deals and this promotion is well worth bearing in mind if you want to get away next weekend.  If you already have a hotel booked on points you may want want to run the numbers on cancelling and rebooking for cash.

You can check out availability here.

Bits: £15 off £200 Opodo flight, new UK KLM destinations, Radisson & Park Inn Nordic sale
30% bonus when you buy Virgin miles or use 'Miles Booster' - good deal?

1. Which hotel would people recommend in Yorkshire? Looking to book a night out to celebrate our anniversary. I need a luxury hotel at a discount

• James A says:

Yorkshire is a big place, can you narrow it down some? Small luxury hotels have a nice looking property on the east coast. I like the roomzzz aparthotels (Leeds) too.

• Thanks for replies. We live in Leeds but are happy for a day/night out somewhere in Yorkshire if fits the bill

• Try the new Indigo in York – probably fits the bill.

• I wouldn’t recommend the Indigo in York. Poor service and way overpriced if paying cash.

• Indigo York, as someone from York – the location is around student accommodation and council flats, so not the best location…. not far from some nice places to eat though…

• William H says:

Try the Hilton Rochdale. Perfect place for a weekend away and the rooms have been sympathetically restored from an old cotton factory. Bring a red rose with you and you’ll get upgraded to an executive room suite and access to the fifth floor lounge. Bring a white rose with you and you’ll get relegated to the Hampton Inn in York

2. General Mayhem says:

Aye well that’s good Yorkshire lad for you! And maybe a ‘romantic meal for two for the price of one’ as well.

I’ll get my coat……

3. I tried to book the Sofitel heathrow a couple of days ago when this offer started. cheapest I found was £120 never saw any on those dates for £100 seemed a bit of a con to me

4. Tilly71 says:

Can anyone recommend the cheapest site to find Hampton rooms please.

• Sandgrounder says:

If you can find them cheaper than the Hilton site, dont forget to use the price promise for a $50 discount. Some of the cheaper properties might be cheaper by buying points with the current 100% bonus.

• Use the Public Sector rate? Link on the Hotel Promos HFP page.

• the_real_a says:

On the off chance you bank with LLyods, there is a 10% offer on my credit/debit account right now.

5. The sign-up process to join the loyalty scheme isn’t working. Great timing.

6. I reviewed this recently if you search and it is very nice, even has a pool.

7. OT: I’m uprooting “Team Daz” next weekend and going to London from the enclaves.

Accors May Madness isn’t really fitting in with my plans so I’ve booked 2 rooms at the Hilton on Park Lane with points and money. I’ve also got the Crown Plaza at the docklands booked at the mo on flexible (so I can cancel), as we’re doing the Grand Designs show at the excel. Any recommendations would be great as I’ve not stayed there before. I am also musing at booking the IC at the O2 instead.

• Johnnycl says:

I was disappointed when I stayed at the CP Docklands a couple of years ago. Staff seemed bored/uninterested and the rooms felt basic; can’t say that I would return there.

The Doubletree Excel is being renovated having recently come over from Ramada. I was upgraded to a suite when I stayed there which was pretty nice, with a small kitchenette and dining table. The bar is a nice space to relax before going out too. The suites had not been updated when I was there as they were starting on the standard rooms first the receptionist told me.

There’s an Aloft between the Doubletree and Excel which might be worth a look; rates are usually reasonable, but might not be the case when something is on at Excel.

• I like the comment about Aloft and yes, when did it happen when it turned from £50 to £190 on a weekend night..

8. Does anyone know if a similar ‘happy Mondays’ promotion from Accor is run in other countries, i.e. Spain?

9. Attempted to book it through the sale page several times, but the payment wouldn’t go through and I had to give up eventually. Maybe they’ve pulled out of the promo?