Earn up to 20,000 bonus Avios with new Kaligo.com hotel promotion!

Hotel booking site Kaligo.com has launched a fantastic new promotion which can earn you up to 20,000 bonus Avios for hotel bookings made before 20th June.

You must be a British Airways American Express cardholder to participate.

There are two good things about the way this offer is structured:

The bonus you receive is based on CUMULATIVE spending up to 20th June.  You don’t have to hit the target in one booking.

ANYONE take part, even if they are already registered with Kaligo.com and even if they earned a bonus from their previous promotion.  The only condition is that you are a British Airways American Express cardholder.

If you are NOT already a British Airways American Express cardholder, you have plenty of time to apply, receive your card and book before the 20th June deadline.  My review of the free BA Amex card is here (comes with 9,000 free Avios) and the £195 card here (comes with 25,000 Avios).

Kaligo 350 2

The bonuses you can earn are:

5,000 Avios if you spend £250

10,000 Avios if you spend £500

20,000 Avios if you spend £1,000

This is on top of the usual 5-20 Avios points you earn with your booking.  You only receive one of the three bonuses, based on your cumulative spending up to 20th June.  (Your stays can be at any point up to 20th June 2017 – you only need to book before 20th June 2016 – although you only receive the bonus after all of the stays are complete.)

As usual with Kaligo.com, PointsHound and Rocketmiles, you should check competing sites before you book.  They will not always be the cheapest every time, but if you factor in the value of the Avios points then they should be very competitive.

Note that Kaligo.com now shows you competing prices from Expedia and the hotel itself during the booking process.  It is now quite clear where Kaligo.com offers good value – and, indeed, where it doesn’t.  This is a very impressive move by the company especially as they are not cheaper much of the time.

You must register for this promotion in order to receive the bonus Avios.  The link to register is here.

Remember that you MUST book with a British Airways American Express card.

Should you get the Virgin credit card and convert the miles to Hilton or IHG?
Bits: TODAY ONLY - the best hotel in Frankfurt for €55, no more free Etihad spa treatments

1. Danksy says:

Just need to factor in whether a week in a Sofitel is best booked direct or via this route for avios? Trade off is I guess the honouring of loyalty schemes, but for 20k avios I may be persuaded

• Simmo says:

With Accor (maybe i’ve been lucky Gatwick/Heathrow) but they’ve always given me the lounge/upgrade at check-in when booking with Lastminute secret deals. Of course no loyalty points given.

2. Choons says:

I find it very odd that the site only shows 5 hotels in Barbados for the Feb half-term and all are sold out.

• Little need for hotels to dump inventory into wholesale channels (where Kaligo gets its rooms) if you can sell it direct for full price. Some rooms change hands 5-6 times before they are sold to you, room wholesaling is a crazy business. The hotel often genuinely has not heard of the company who sold you the room, because they sold a block of a few hundred to a major wholesaler who broke it up and resold it, and then often broken down further and further.

• Choons says:

Thanks – good to get an insight into how it all works.

• Junyang (Kaligo.com) says:

Hi Choons,

Can you let me know what dates and destination you were searching for specifically and I will take a look into it? You can email us at service@kaligo.com

3. Surbhi says:

Do the bookings have to be made before 20th June or the stays have to be completed by then too?

4. Simmo says:

Just priced up a room in Phuket for later in the year.
    £35 more (over 4 nights) than booking direct with the hotel, but 12,000 Avios – Decent deal!

• Choons says:

Prices in that area of Thailand seem really good value for hotels, I have noticed. Both there and Orlando seem to offer great value.

5. Chrismors says:

Nice work, just cancelled all my hotels in Florida for my trip next week and rebooked them via Kaligo, hello 20,000 avios points! Kaligo seems to work well for US hotels but can’t vouch for elsewhere

6. Utterly OT but if anyone wants Michael O’Leary’s thoughts on ground transportation…

7. Mycity says:

I can’t see with hotels how to book say a club room at the Intercontinental they just don’t come up on the list, despite the fact that there is availability on the hotel site. Am I missing something?

• The hotel may well not have released club rooms to wholesalers, or at least not at the discounts required for Kaligo.com to resell them profitably.

• Junyang (Kaligo.com) says:

Hi Mycity,

Which hotel would this be?

• Mycity says:

I looked at the Crowne Plaza Wafujing in Beijing, for September this year, I also looked at the Duxton Hotel Perth WA in January 17, neither hotel have club rooms showing

8. Trent says:

It’s a crying shame that those of us in the Republic of Ireland don’t have access to any British Airways Credit Cards. I love the Kaligo 20,000 Avios promotions and have always managed 10,000 or 20,000 with it, but as it’s been so long my last couple of thousand Euro were spent with Rocketmiles as they had higher earning rates and in one case a specific hotel I wanted that Kaligo didn’t have. I shouldn’t complain though, it really is a first world problem :)

9. Shame it’s limited to BA Amex card holders, because this seems a decent a deal. I wonder in reality how the system will distinguish BA Amex cards (e.g. from Amex-issued gold card).

10. Garham says:

Thanks Rob! Kaligo has consistently delivered on their service and how fast they send the points to my Avios account. I always got my Avios points in less than 1 week from checkout.

11. Hi all

Just a word of warning on Kaligo bookings. I made a booking back in January for myself my mother and sister via Kaligo, for a stay in Europe. Yesterday I tried extending the booking but Kaligo showed no availability at the particular hotel so I called them directly, only to be told the booking had been cancelled. I had not cancelled the booking obviously and relayed my concerns to Kaligo who you can only contact via email. I requested a call back from Kaligo to discuss this as I am obviously concerned. Kaligo , whilst replying to my email and managing to reinstate the booking( luckily there was a room left to do so, as this is a small but very popular 5 star hotel on the Italian south coast) have yet to call me back or tell me why this happened despite repeated requests. Kaligo had no idea the booking had been cancelled and no one had informed me, so if I had not contacted the hotel directly, we would’ve turned up at the hotel and there would have been no booking and potentially no rooms. I would advise anyone making a booking via Kaligo to check and confirm their reservations just for in case.

• Hi Wayne, thanks for your feedback. We have identified the root cause of the issue which has now been resolved. Rest assured we have a process in place to ensure that bookings are not impacted. Customers booking with us need not worry about their bookings. We will get in touch with you directly by email.

12. Scottnothing says:

“You only receive one of the three bonuses, based on your cumulative spending up to 20th June.”

Thanks for clarifying this aspect of the T&Cs Raffles – the terms and conditions are rather vague on that point and could easily be misinterpreted.

13. Double bubble as Hilton also gave me points for my recent Kaligo stays