The only way to earn cashback when booking easyJet

My recent easyJet flight from London Southend to Paris reminded me of a little trick for booking easyJet which is often forgotten.

easyJet does not appear on cashback websites.  They are not on TopCashback or Quidco unless you count the easyJet Holidays joint venture.

There is, however, a way to make a little bit of cashback when booking easyJet.

easyJet is a Nectar earning partner.

easyjet cashback

The rate is not exceedingly generous.  You will earn 1 Nectar point for every £1 you spend on easyJet which is equivalent to 0.5% cashback.  It is 0.5% more cashback than you will get otherwise though!

Note that only bookings made in £ qualify for cashback.

You can top up Nectar points with American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 1:1 with no minimum transfer.  This will allow you to get maximum value from your easyJet points as you can top up your Nectar balance to an exact multiple of 500 points for redemption.

There have also been some good recent deals with Caffe Nero where you could redeem 100 Nectar points for a free coffee (worth £2+) which makes the easyJet cashback more interesting.

I assume that the only reason easyJet is on Nectar eshops is that they are a Nectar redemption partner and a bit of pressure was applied!  It may even be that Nectar is funding the points itself as part of its deal with easyJet.

The easyJet page on Nectar is here.

Now Iberia allows new parents to 'pause' their status .... will BA follow?
Bonus Avios offers with Starwood, Melia Hotels and NH Hotels (and The Economist offer returns!)

1. Colin Elliott says:

Thanks for this. As a frequent and very satisfied long term Easyjet customer, I had already tried this but was irritated that the booking failed, so I went back to just booking as normal. No points but also no grief around booking. Might have been a one off but with something as important as flights I wasn’t prepared to risk it. Hopefully it’ll work for others.

2. grex9101 says:

Nectar isn’t a waste of time, but there is a big “but/if”…
    I’ve gained 16000+ nectar points this year with minimal effort. Here’s how:
    -Use multiple cards on separate nectar accounts – i use 2, more may yield better results but I’m too lazy to try that.
    -Make sure you use the nectar app/website and look for ” offers” on a weekly basis. These are targeted based on your spending (hence using separate accounts). You’ll tend to get a “big” offer once or twice a month – my most recent ones have been 500 bonus points at homebase (no min spend) and 500 bonus points at BP
    -Shop at Sainsbury’s (but) only buy things that would cost the same at any other supermarket. They’re perceived as expensive, but their offers can actually be quite good depending on what you buy.
    -Use mycoupons (, it’s a fairly new site run by Sainsbury’s that offers bonus points on things it thinks you don’t buy (another reason for multiple cards). You also tend to get a threshold spend coupon (5x points when you spend £50 for example) as well as between 30/40 bonus points on everyday items, although you are only permitted to “load” 5 coupons to your account at the time.

Now, you’re probably thinking that’s a fair bit of effort for 0.5p per point, but remember Sainsbury’s do a “double up” promotion at least twice a year on toys/wine/electricals etc. I’ll be redeeming mine at Christmas, I’ve already got enough for £160 of wine.
    I’m going for £300!

• Well i also do this, but the return per time spent is still pretty low. And i can’t be bothered to chase up when the points don’t post

• Raffles says:

I got a lot of Nero coffee vouchers recently (2p per point) and moved the rest to eBay in the double up deal recently at 1p. Almost worth moving Amex points across on this basis ….

• grex9101 says:

I don’t find it terribly time consuming at all, certainly no more than clubcard points chasing, the nectar rewards simply suit me better.

• Agreed. I’ve accumulated £40 so far this year on food shopping at Sainsburys for a two adult household. Based on the standard valuation in theory we should have spent £8,000 to have accumulated this but in reality we have only spent £1,000 – £1,500 without changing our shopping habits much, if at all. Personally, I find the opportunity to accumulate points through nectar at Sainsburys is much better than at Tescos for your day to day shop, but the latter is better if you are serious collector (e.g. gift cards, coupons, cartridges etc) and want to maximise how the points are spent.

At the end of the day its different things to different people.

• Choons says:

Is not the double up limited to GBP40 per category? You need a lot of accounts to reach GBP300 of wine.

• Scallder says:

Yes all of the categories are capped at £40 so only £40 of wine at Christmas I’m afraid. Although £40 of free bubbles at Christmas is better than no free bubbles :)

3. They seem to give quite a lot of printed vouchers at checkout too and some of these are pretty good bonuses. I’m often getting 2x,3x,5x points with min spend of £10 or recently 7p off a litre of petrol if you spend £15 on cleaning / household product. That saved me about £3!

4. David says:

You could be getting 3% on imutual –

If you want to sign up, I’d be pleased if you’d use my referral link!

5. Dennis says:

Expedia / Opodo aren’t competitive on flights though, are they?

• Must admit, I thought you were lumbered with a £10 booking fee on Expedia, but I haven’t booked a flight through them since I book SWISS with one night in a one-star Geneva hostel in order to get a cheaper ‘flight and hotel’ rate :-)

• harry says:

Opodo also hide their fees until right at the end, they look cheap at the beginning then it turns out they are more expensive than going direct to the flight provider

6. FlyingChris says:

OT: Email from BA arrived today promoting competition entries for converting Tesco Clubcard vouchers @ normal rate of £2.50/600. Looks like a bonus probably isn’t on the cards this Q.

7. Raffles, worth mentioning tomorrow? 3500 Miles and More points for 2 stays.

8. Lady London says:

I’m pretty sure Hertz has offered me Nectar points when paying for cars recently in the UK in their branches, and told me I can have either their own points or airline points as well. I foolishly declined… perhaps others will have their Nectar card on them when renting from Hertz in future.

9. harry says:

mentioned already in the footnotes! but nae problemo, Raffles said they have disappeared from all c/b sites so you might as well concentrate on credit card points & HH deals

• Brian says:

Still on Virgin Shops Away…

• Simon Schus says:

oooh, thanks Brian! Top tip! (hopefully won’t disappear too soon!)

• Simon Schus says:

Thats what I had guessed might have happened and I had just missed it having not read that far down recently! Thanks Harry :) :)

10. I recently received an email from Easyjet inviting me to join flight club. The benefits include free name and flight changes; price guarantee and price promise.

11. Top tip, thanks – was looking for someone that offered rewards and no booking fee :)