New UK airport lounge joins Priority Pass

There is a new Priority Pass lounge now available in the UK – the Premium Lounge at Doncaster Sheffield Robin Hood airport (aka Finningley for anyone over 40 who lives in Yorkshire).

The picture they supply, see below, does not fill me with a huge desire to visit but it is almost certainly better than sitting in the terminal!

Premium Lounge Doncaster Sheffield Robin Hood

The lounge has NOT joined Lounge Club so you can’t access it with the Amex Gold free passes.  This seems a little odd because, as with the lounge at London Southend I visited recently, I doubt the lounge is very busy or very expensive to run.  Whilst Lounge Club probably pays less than Priority Pass I would imagine it would pay enough to cover their costs.  After all, Plaza Premium is quite happy to accept it in their fantastic lounges in Heathrow T2 and T4.

Amex Platinum comes with two Priority Pass cards per cardholder, each giving two people unlimited free access.  Cash visits to the lounge can be prebooked via Lounge Pass.

I have updated my full UK listings of Priority Pass and Lounge Club lounges which can be found here.  I know I need to cover DragonPass as well, before anyone mentions it, but unless your are a Barclays account holder or Gourmet Society member there are still very few ways of accessing it.

Important dates for your diary - offers about to close which you shouldn't miss
BA rejigs Middle East schedules - outstanding Avios availability on new flights

1. Any recommendations for good Lounge Club lounges?

It was useful before we gained BA status, but my wife and I have already “wasted” one card (2 invites). We used one card in DXB as I heard bad things about the old BA lounge. Now have another 2 invites to use before cancelling current Amex Gold.

2. Chelseafi says:

I’m departing from Chicago in summer flying BA club, I also have Priority Pass, does anyone know what lounge is best (or is there only one anyway) thanks

• Your best PP option is the AF/KLM lounge. The major drawback versus BA is the lack of hot food (aside from soup) otherwise they are much the same. You’ll probably find the BA lounge is quieter if you are taking the later BA flight.

3. Matthew says:

The coop bank account now issues dragon pass cards instead of priority pass ones which limits the lounges considerably.

4. We went in a few days after it opened, it was fairly basic and very quiet. I must say however, that the staff were fantastic. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and one of the staff pottered off and came back with two glasses of bubbly and an anniversary card! Not sure that would happen at T5!

5. Raffles this is my local airport and I can say that the picture is a reflection of the local demographic!

I’ve seen where the lounge is but not been in it. And can’t with the damn lounge club passes. It’s a bit of a poor show when I’ve drilled into where you can use them. Quite frankly a lot suck and you can’t use them in a lot of places that Ive been to recently eg jersey, cork. Even though you can use it in random places like Exeter you can’t in bigger cities. I might drop them an email to whinge!!

As for a decent use of the passes I liked the lounge at stansted with them. Not brilliant views but perfectly pleasant place to spend a bit of time. Food nice,nicely decorated, plenty of good free drink options.

• Callum says:

The local area is 1/3 elderly female, 1/3 middle-aged female and 1/3 young male? Sounds like a fun place to be!

• Nick G says:

It’s very high up the lounge and has a tiny window and I suspect if the camera panned round it would have a coffee machine and fridge…and yes it great fun

6. Mark1980 says:

Anyone used the lounge at Liverpool? Got 2 passes to burn before cancelling Amex Gold and passing through there next week. Reviews on tripadvisor aren’t great but do seem to have picked up a bit recently

• Peter K says:

I was at the lounge last week with 3 others and we all liked it. The food selection wasn’t massive but when asked they did have some gluten free products which was a bonus compared to most lounges I’ve been in.

The drinks were quite decent but nothing you could take on the plane with you (eg bottled water). You had to ask for alcohol but the staff were happy to serve. For a small airport lounge I liked it and found the seating comfortable.

7. Using the No1 Traveller in Edinburgh 2 for 1 using the Tatecard.

8. Jordan says:

The picture doesnt do it justice. Actually quite a large area (From memory, around 10 – 15 bench seats, 4 large couch areas and around another 15 or so smaller tables). As Craig said, the staff were fantastic and really looked after us when we had a 20hr delay. All the food is being cooked fresh so nothing is cold / soggy. Decent bar set up with spirits, beers, wines and ciders.