Bits: Accor UK hotel deals for the Bank Holiday, those AwardWallet upgrade codes

News in brief:

Book a UK Accor hotel for the Bank Holiday from £25

Accor’s ‘Happy Mondays’ is the most generous hotel promotion available for last minute weekend rooms in the UK.  If you find yourself in need of a hotel room for the following weekend, it is definitely the best place to look.

It is nice and simple, and potentially a good deal. Every Monday and Tuesday, Accor makes a raft of UK hotel rooms available at discount prices for the following weekend.

Because it is a Bank Holiday weekend, Accor has extended the offer.  You can book at these very aggressive rates for the coming Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights.  Remember, though, you must book by midnight TONIGHT (Tuesday).

Here is the Happy Mondays booking page – click here.  This is a summary of the deal:

These are ‘room only’ deals and only some Accor hotels will be participating on any particular date

The headline prices range from £25 for Ibis Budget hotels in London and Ibis hotels outside London, up to £60 for Mercure and Novotel hotels in central London.  The Mercure London Bridge was £180 in total for three nights when I checked yesterday – the next cheapest rate was £439!

You must book via this special Accor booking page here

Bookings will earn Le Club Accor Hotels points

Even better, your booking should count for the current generous Accor / Avios promotion.  As you can read here, you will earn 500 bonus Avios from your first 2-night stay (registration required).

Accor Happy Monday

Update on the AwardWallet upgrade codes

Last month I gave away 95 6-month upgrade codes for AwardWallet, the miles and points balance tracking service.  You can read more about it here.

Over 1,000 HFP readers asked for a code.  Luckily, AwardWallet generously made additional codes available so that everyone could have one.  It obviously took me some time to write 1,000 emails but, finally, I finished them off yesterday.

A handful of codes were faulty.  I replaced those that did not work when they were reported – if you tried to redeem yours, found it didn’t work but didn’t let me know, do send it back to me and I will send a new one.

There are no more codes available at the moment so please don’t email to ask for one now.  I will give away more later in the year as AW keeps giving me them whenever HFP readers sign up.

Heading to New York? I've found an IHG Rewards Club bargain
Earn up to 50,000 miles with two transatlantic BA or AA flights this Summer

1. James A says:

Makes me wish I had entered that one 😉

• Frenske says:

Ditto. I am letting the premium account expire, cost too much.

• I converted some tesco points to avios (as a manual transfer ; not auto).

How will they link it to my existing account? or will they go ahead and open a brand new avios account for me?

• and is it possible to redeem from 1 tesco clubcard account to 2 different avios accounts?

• They will match your email / name / postal address.

If those do not match between Tesco and then a 2nd account may accidentally be opened for you, which can be merged if you call.

Should be there within 24 hours, 48 at most.

2. Gabriel says:

Where do you use the code I got one and could not find the place to put it

3. JamesWag says:

The list of participating Accor hotels provided on their website seems to be incorrect.
    The PDF of participating hotels states the promotion date of 14/08/15 – 16/08/15 and when I have tried to book ( of course via the promotion page) a couple of the listed hotels they are not coming up with the promotional rate for this coming weekend.

Do you know if the list is correct & the dates column is just an error ? And if so, why might I not be seeing the promotional rates ??

Promotion page:

Hotel List (from link on above page):,0.pdf

Booking page:

4. I got one!

Did not reply to the email to say thanks, i know how busy you are and i am sure you said something about not replying to questions etc…

So just wanted to say thanks! Never used it before and it’s nice to know how many miles i have over different accounts…. I have far many more miles than i thought :)

5. I haven’t seen any official coverage but there’s a new cab app in London. This one’s similar to Kabbee and includes AddLee in their suppliers. They’ve been very generous to customers over the past two weeks (6x £20 vouchers and 1x £10 voucher), not sure how much longer it will go on for.

I’m not affiliated with them in any way, but if you use my code we’ll both get £10 off our next ride. I’m 99% sure there isn’t a more lucrative “new user” code available!

Code is NIDAL960.
    On Android and iOS.

6. There is a more lucrative new user code .
    New Uber customers get £20 off their first journey with code:

7. Would having Accor Platinum status mean that you get benefits on a Happy Mondays stay? In particular, would it include breakfast? Thanks.

• You get benefits, points, status nights etc on Happy Mondays deals. Since breakfast is NOT a benefit with Accor, you wouldn’t get that, however.

• Brendan says:

You get a free welcome drink (usually one each if 2 people staying). Access to lounge if there is one and probably an upgrade or a high floor room in an Ibis. Free breakfast is not a advertised benefit (though you may get lucky).

8. When talking about the extended deal, you’ve missed out ‘Monday night’ – which is the extension! Worth pointing out that it is, this time, not only for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights…

9. If you are doing the 3x 2-night stays for 6,000 points challenge, remember to book Friday and Saturday’s stay in a hotel next door to the Sunday and Monday night stay 😉

10. I’m Shachar, the CEO of Curve. Today we’ve got some disappointing news. American Express have asked us to pause their functionality with Curve – which means you will not be able to use your Curve card with your Amex for the time being. This begins at midday on May 31st UK time – you’ll shortly receive another email with practical details of what will happen when we pause the American Express functionality – your Curve will continue to work with MasterCard and Visa’

• Wayne Phillips says:

Big news huh?
      Kind of messes up the point of having a curve for most of us I’d say. I might use it overseas but Clarity card is the better option.

Didn’t last long!

• Graeme says:

Just got that. Not good news.

Couple that with the £200 cash limit (and I only intend to use for holiday cash) and it’s instantly pointless for me. £35 to earn 200 Avios a month on travel cash?

• Scallder says:

Will the email also have details about refunds as the Amex use was the only reason I got this card…?

• Graeme says:

They left that bit out, oddly!

• Scallder says:

Email also states FX free foreign transaction but that’s not exactly true as I thought they added a 1% margin on?

• Graeme says:

The points system we still know nothing about? Hmm…..

• Wayne Phillips says:

That’s the one!

I’m going to go ahead and cancel. I can always come back if they do reintroduce amex

• It’s not 3.5%, its £35 if you spend £1000+, spend £2000 and it’s still £35.

So spend £1000 in a couple of weeks, wait 3 months for £35 ?, which you will get if/when they ever launch the reward system.

11. So Curve stood accepting American Express on the 31st May!

• Hingeless says:

That didn’t last long!

Curve and American Express – what does it mean for you?
      American Express have asked us to pause their functionality with Curve. On May 31st at midday UK time your Amex card will be removed from the app and if you don’t have any other funding cards you’ll need to add and verify a new one to keep using your Curve. Don’t worry – you will still be able to view your transaction history with your American Express from your app.

We know it’s annoying to lose a popular feature but we really hope you’ll stay with us to experience all the other exciting benefits Curve has to offer. We’re really excited to be on a journey to transform and simplify the way you handle your finances – already connecting up all your bank cards, tracking your transactions in real time, helping you better manage your expenses, and saving you money when you travel with zero FX fees. This is just the beginning – we’re working hard on future features such as the ability to move charges between funding cards after you’ve paid, bespoke loyalty rewards and cash-backs, peer-to peer payments and much more.

As a big thank you for being one of Curve’s early adopters, we will give you £35 worth of Curve Points if you have a Blue card or £50 if you have a Black card when we launch Curve Rewards, as long as you spend a total of £1000 on your Curve card over the next 3 months – please see our FAQs for further details. We really hope you’ll stay with us to continue the journey we’re starting together but if you no longer want to be part of the Curve Beta you can

12. i cant see any reference to a refund, then i’ve only had the inital email detailed above.

13. Thank goodness. I was worried about the rising costs of my not-quite-top-class hotels for my floozies and bits on the side. Thanks to Ibis my Happy Mondays will still come with a happy ending.

14. Anyone know how useful these prices would be for a mattress run?

Are you able to check-in online without being there? Do you actually have to turn up to the hotel itself? Could you turn up the night before, And then leave straight away without having to stay the night?

• Raffles says:

You need to turn up to check in. You could put on a do not disturb and see if they leave you alone.

• There is zero point in doing a mattress run for Accor. If you are staying two nights and using their current promotion, you would get a maximum of 60 euros worth of points for the stay – assuming you have had two other 2-night stays before. Even if you are paying 50 pounds for two nights in an Ibis, that’s still MORE than 60 euros at the current rate of exchange.