7,200 Avios with Tesco home insurance – now running until 31st August

Remember the Tesco home insurance promotions in March and April?  Tesco Bank has once more extended their offer to give new customers bonus Clubcard points when taking out home and contents insurance.

The April offer was originally available until 21st June, offering 3000 Clubcard points with building and content insurance. This offer is now running until 31st August.

3000 Clubcard points will convert into 7200 Avios points or 7500 Virgin Flying Club miles.

Tesco Bank

To receive the 3000 Clubcard points, use this code H3000CCP when applying via the link below.

If you live in a low risk area, this could be a nice bonus.  7,200 Avios is a decent incentive, even if Tesco Bank is slightly more expensive than other options. However, because of the need to take out contents AND buildings insurance, it is no use if you live in a flat where your buildings insurance is arranged centrally. There is no offer for just taking out contents insurance.

On top of that Tesco Bank is promising an additional Clubcard holder discount for new and renewing customers – but obviously when taking out any insurance it is worth shopping around and comparing prices.

Unlike the old H4000GR code, which insisted on telephone buying, H3000CCP allows you to buy your insurance online via the Tesco Bank website and still receive the bonus. However, you will lose your bonus if you go to Tesco Bank via a financial comparison site.

Remember that this new deal runs until 31st August, so if your insurance renewal date did not fit with the old offers then hopefully you will have more luck here.

Bits: new Radisson UK sale, a good IHG London redemption, double Avios with Avis
Bits: 100 bonus Heathrow Rewards points, immigration kiosks for BA at JFK, last day for 30% off SPG points

1. Just had a look at my Clubcard statement and it seems 4000 points had posted for this back in May! :)

2. Genghis says:

The old H4000GR code did not insist on telephone buying.

3. Be careful what you are signing for, some footnotes poster said he stopped paying his monthly direct debit & got threatened with the bailiffs for the balance. Avoid signing a loan agreement.

4. Cheers Harry

5. What's the Point says:

Has anyone had this type bonus work if they are just renewing their insurance with Tesco?

• No good with renewals but nothing to stop you taking out a new policy exactly the same

6. Also got the 4000 points earlier in the year. Posted very quickly.

On the subject of tesco insurance, I’ve finally called to report my deceased pet. By my reckoning I’ve contributed at least 4 premiums or about £22

• Hi – could you tell me please, where on the application form, do you input the code ? thank you

• Tesco apparently recognise you from your name & address – raises a few questions eg if you are insuring a property that isn’t your clubcard address, in which case phone them

• Hehe,
      My pet, who was named “Ghost” on the policy ran away after a few months, it effectively disappeared :)

7. Excellent news. My house insurance is due early September. I’m already with Tesco, but I can take out a new policy.

8. not too long until the last points post from the life insurance deal http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/08/29/12000-avios-5000-clubcard-points-for-tesco-life-insurance-is-back-2/

It makes sense to cancel the policy ASAP (if you don’t need it) because Tesco make you wait 12 months after cancelling a life policy before you can get the points again.

I think the 4th instalment of 1250 points is due today 30/6 – not showing yet. Previously we got instalments on 30/3/16, 30/12/15 and – I assume – 30/9/15.

Can anybody confirm they got points on 30/9/15? Not sure how you would check it, as it’s not visible online. Sounds about right, though.

Just got a niggling suspicion I didn’t get points on 30/9/15…

• found out I did not get points on 30/9/15 so I will have to wait until 30/9/16 before I cancel

• Genghis says:

I didn’t get any points in Q3 15 for Tesco Life Insurance. For me, points posted 25/11, 25/02 and 18/05 so I’m expecting the final batch to post around 25/08. I’ve diarised to cancel then.

9. Wally1976 says:

Does the policy have to be:

(1) Quoted by 31st August
    (2) Bought and paid for by 31st August
    (3) Start by 31st August

Our policy is due late September so (1) or (2) may be do-able but not (3)

• Nothing to stop you starting your new Tesco policy tonight if you feel like it. In other words, your points hinge on the expiry date of your old policy, which is actually irrelevant.

10. Phatbear says:

what kind of time scale are people experiencing between taking out the policy and getting the points on their account?

• I took out my home insurance policy on 30th June and still have not had any sign of the points posting in my Tesco account.

• Genghis says:

I took out policy on 1 March 2016 (paid all in advance) to start on 30 March 2016. 4k Tesco points posted 22 March 2016.