LAST DAY: 2,400 Avios for £60 LEGO spend, plus other active Tesco bonus deals

Love Clubcard, don’t collect Avios?  You should be reading our sister site, Shopper Points (, which covers the latest Clubcard and Nectar offers without any distracting frequent flyer talk!  Why not check it out now?

This is a reminder that TODAY, SUNDAY, is the last day to take advantage of the current Tesco Direct LEGO promotions.

If you buy LEGO today, you will receive:

1,000 Clubcard points (2,400 Avios or 2,500 Virgin miles) for a £60 LEGO spend, or

500 Clubcard points (1,200 Avios or 1,250 Virgin miles) for a £30 LEGO spend

These are both attractive deals if you have any lovers of little plastic bricks in your household.

Tesco has also reduced some sets in price over the last few daysthere are some examples in the Shopper Points article today – so you can get yourself a double saving.

LEGO Star Wars

You should take a close look at this deal if you have kids or are expecting to give any presents to a child soon!  LEGO makes a great gift or can easily be resold on eBay.  You may or may not think it is too early to start stockpiling for Christmas!

‘Click and Collect’ delivery to your local Tesco store will be free as you are spending £30.

The Tesco Direct home page for this offer is here.  You must order by midnight today.

Other Tesco deals worth keeping an eye on

The following Tesco promotions are still running.  Each offers a slug of bonus Clubcard points which will convert into additional Avios or Virgin Flying Club miles.

The links take you to articles on our sister site Shopper Points.

Ends 31st August – 3,000 Clubcard points when you take out Tesco home and contents insurance

Ends 31st August – 75 Clubcard points when telling Tesco Bank your insurance renewal date

Ends 30th August – 50 extra Clubcard points in-store with Mr Muscle products

Ends 23rd August – 100 Clubcard points when you pre-order The Great British Bake-Off Perfect Cakes & Bakes book

Ends 17th August – double Clubcard points on sheds and garden buildings

Ends 31st July – 500-1000 Clubcard points with selected landline telephones

Ends 31st July – 15% off selected gift cards at Tesco and earn 150 Clubcard points per £50 spent

There is also an offer of 50 Clubcard points for buying Tesco printer inks – we haven’t covered that yet but details are here on the Tesco site.

The Mr Muscle / Tesco Clubcard deal is particularly interesting.  It works on £1 trigger bottles so you would be getting 120 Avios for every £1 you spend.  The only snag is that you need a coupon from the current Tesco magazine for every bottle you buy.  Details are here.

There seems to be a secret 20% bonus on Tesco Clubcard transfers to Virgin!
Bits: Which? magazine writes about HFP readers, the BA Amex Premium card lives!

1. Is this Lego offer 1000 clubcard points per £60 spent or just 1000 points of you spend over £60?
    If I spend say £240, will I receive 4000?

2. Genghis says:

There were still Tesco mags at the Tesco on Cheapside on Friday. I think I have enough so happy to share…

3. Frankie says:

That’s good to know about MM. I’ve used a couple but thought it only worked on the more expensive MM products like drain gel and oven cleaner. Will definitely use some more now and make a few repeat visits to the self service tills…

4. Anjelica says:

Does anyone know if you can get in any bother for using several of the MM vouchers? We’ve collected quite a lot of the magazines and have done a few seperate transactions (on different days) so we are complying with the t&c – I was just worried they might think it looks suspisious and cancel our Clubcard of sow thing?! Sorry – I’m new to this 😉

• No, you should be fine. Tesco does at times impose bulk buying restrictions but rarely for instore purchases.

• Anjelica says:

Great thank you! I started reading horror stories about ‘coupon fraud’ and got myself all worried! It’s a great deal as we use their products anyway!

• Genghis says:

Wasn’t that to do with the copper that didn’t actually have the coupons but scanned the same coupon repeatedly, putting a bit of scrap paper in the coupon box each time?

• Genghis says:

I think I’ve bought about 40 in the past week or so. All points have posted fine.

• Frankie says:

Have you tried more than one in a single transaction? Was wondering if that would work

• Genghis says:

No. I’ve not even tried. One time using the self check out, a till person came along and took my handful of receipts on the self checkout ‘worktop’. She scrunched them up and I said they were all mine. She walked away with them and I almost had to shout to demand them back. Things I’ll do for points…

• Frankie says:

Ha. I’d love to know the most avios someone gets from the MM coupon. I’ve just returned from Tesco again with more kitchen cleaner. My under stairs cupboard is MM city… But that’s why we’re here… Heading for Points. Thanks Raffles.

• TGLoyalty says:

I used 2 at once the other day. I’m going mad on MM today though lol

• TGLoyalty says:

Decided not to go mad but did buy 6 in a single transaction no issue 306 points for £6 and a load of MM

40 is far more than Ill use in a year probably end up giving it away, who/what place might want lots of Mr Muscle cleaner

• Genghis says:

The £1 MM spray offer ends 9 Aug. Grab em while you can.

• Found 5 discarded receipts for about £50 in total at a self service till on Friday night, none had any clubcard details on so I will be getting them added to my account at customer service tomorrow!!

• the boys & girls don’t like this sort of stuff bro

there are boards for that

(nice one)

• I did 4 through the self checkout this afternoon. It flagged up assistance required. I was pleasant to the assistant, who was in the middle of running off to get the security cap removed from a bottle of whisky, and made some comment about her being kept busy on the self service tills. She did a manual override on the 3 additional vouchers, as she could see the products in my bag.

• Genghis says:

Was that four all in one go? One at a time stays under the radar as coupons scan fine and no assistance needed

• Yes, all in one go. I CBA to do them one at a time, but I would have done if she hadn’t put them through.

5. harry what do you mean boards for that??

• Boards as in forums. I guess the most obvious place to take wombling receipts is the ELITE thread/s at MSE – those chattering women love their war stories of wombled receipts, gaming the Asda guarantee/ Tesco price promise & supermarket glitches.

Not that I’m deriding them, they saved me £thousands in the past & the level of supermarket intelligence there is amazing. We’ve got a few ELITE here. On HFP we think it’s great to find an easy (say) 1000 Avios but when they get going they can make the equivalent profit ten times over in a morning.

or you could try PTS or HUKD – and I think the odd wombling-type anecdote on Shopper Points would be fine, that’s partly why Raffles set it up (to keep it off HFP)

most people here use HFP 100% for points & miles & airlines/ hotels/ status ideas & discussion and don’t really like off-topic stuff , as some of you never cease to remind me :)

• Thanks for the info Harry

As you can see Harry I am new to this game and like you I am interested in collecting Miles/points
        (Would like to see the world) so understanding the way people go around collecting them and the ways you can do this
        Is of interest to me, I will have a look at this forum you mention.
        also thanks to all for your help in this game.

6. Craig Payne says:

Sorry, if I’m missing something but in the article it says that 1000 Clubcard points = 2400 Avios and 500 Clubcard points = 1200 Avios.

I bought the Lego and have indeed been credited 1500 points, but in my vouchers to spend I have £7.50 worth which equates to 1800 Avios at a rate of 600 Avios points per £2.50 voucher spend.

The article says that we will get 3600 Avios, not 1800 so am I doing something wrong?

• The Lego vouchers will come in your next statement. The current statement had a cut off date of 21st July. Points earned after that will be in the October mailing.

7. Hey Raffles!

I just wanted to say thanks so much for all these articles – I just managed to score 2 x Upper Class reward flights from London – San Francisco for our honeymoon next year!