Win prizes with three free competitions from IHG, Starwood and Accor!

As it is a Bank Holiday weekend, news is thin and time is plentiful, I thought it was worth highlighting a few competitions currently running which have the potential to be rewarding:

Win daily prizes with Starwood Preferred Guest

In the run up to the launch of its new promotion ‘More For You’, Starwood is running a daily play ‘instant win’ game.

You can enter here, once per day and all you need to do is enter your SPG number.  The prizes are:

630 x 1,000 Starpoints

420 x 5,000 Starpoints

210 x 10,000 Starpoints

210 x Category 1-5 free night

All entrants go into a final draw to win 50,000 points plus 5 x Category 1-6 free night certificates.

Barclay intercontinental

Win a New York holiday with IHG Rewards Club (UK residents only)

What I like about this competition is that it is only open to UK residents and, so far, promotion has been low key.

Via this page, you can win (if you are 21+):

• A three night stay at the InterContinental New York Barclay Hotel (image above)
  • An experience in the BMW i8
  • A chauffeur driven BMW i3 at your disposal whilst in New York
  • An i3 to drive for six months
  • IHG Rewards Club Platinum Ambassador Membership and 250,000 IHG Rewards Club points

The closing date is 30th September.

Le Club AccorHotels logo

Win weekly prizes with Accor on Facebook

Finally, Accor is giving away an AccorHotels experience each week via their UK Facebook page.

All you need to do is fill in your name, email and age.

The current prize is an “Amazing Views” experience for two based at the Novotel London Waterloo but there is a new prize each week.  You need to enter via this Facebook page here.

Last few days: 13,200 Avios with an Economist subscription and 7,200 Avios with Tesco home insurance
Bits: free Luxury Travel Fair tickets, BA cancels Westjet codeshares

1. BicesterTerrier says:

Is that Facebook link correct, throws up an error when I click it.

2. Great, SPG decides to make a game yet exclude most of the countries from participating. I live in EU, but apparently SPG thinks only some countries are ‘worth it’.

• Don’t take it personally. It’s more likely that the laws of the excluded countries don’t permit competitions of pure chance.

3. Anybody else having problems entering “a valid email address” for the IHG promotion? Keeps asking “Please enter a valid e-mail address” even though the email addresses I’ve tried are correct.

4. Colin MacKinnon says:

More HfP anti-BA bias – no mention of the BA Facebook competition!

5. O/T: Which IHG properties in London allow 3 adults with no additional charge in London either points or cash? Thanks in advance.

• Easily found by doing a search for 3 people on

For points, you can get 2 twin bed rooms at HI Camden and HI Mayfair – I’ve done it.

6. Mark Priest says:

Question. The current accelerate promo when I log in it says it runs from 1 June 2016 and 31 August 2016??

I thought it had only just been announced?

7. The next Accelerate Promo starts on 06/09/2016. That is the one that has been just anniounced

8. Dave Barron says:

Cheers Rob. I’m looking forward to winning that trip to New York!

9. John O'Sullivan says:

I’m grateful for anything that comes via the advice from this site. I started playing this game a couple of years ago and friends and family are constantly amazed by what I achieve purely from leisure stays and points and promotions.

Last week we had a 2nd free stay at the Waldorf London. We were welcomed back with strawberries, chocolate truffles and cake laid out on a table in our upgraded room. Only Silver status via credit card. Tesco paid for our train travel to London via red spotted hanky.

On the subject of IHG I stayed at the Palacio de Cardosa in Porto last June on two free nights from last winters accelerate programme. On arrival they upgraded us to a suite (lounge and shower downstairs with upstairs bedroom and bathroom) they also gave me a voucher for a free glass of port voucher. I only had club status at the time!

Our stay coincided with the festival of St John the Baptist which was a two day night and day party and great to be part of. A rock concert started one night at 1 am in the square opposite finished at 3. Didn’t get to sleep until very early hours that morning. Great city, lovely hotel and great event.

I’m very keen on the IHG big prize.

10. Slightly OT but RE IHG Credit cards – mine has arrived today but my IHG status hasn’t updated and there’s no way to find out what my PIN is on the website – does the PIN arrive by post separately? and how long should it take for platinum status to appear ?

• scottnothing says:

My PIN arrived separately, though a couple of days prior to the card arriving. Status upgrade took 48 hours after the card arrived.

• I have my PIN but no sign of physical card yet. It is more than 10 days since I got accepted for card.
      Not sure if this is going to be the best alternative now with passing of MBNA BMI card.

1. electrical engineering jobs manchester

Win prizes from Accor, Starwood and IHG!