News in brief:
Free travel in London tomorrow
Tomorrow (17th October) and next Monday (24th October) you can travel for free on buses, tube, tram, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail, Emirates Air Line, Thames Clippers River Bus, Gatwick Express and most National Rail services in London – if you have an Android device with Android Pay and a linked MasterCard.
All you need to do is use your MasterCard for contactless payment on your Android device and within 28 days you will get a refund of up to £30.50.
What else do you need on a Monday? Yes, coffee! Head to your nearest Caffe Nero, present your Android phone with your MasterCard on Android Pay and you will get a hot drink for free (without extras like syrup). You can get more details via the link above.
If you’ve never been on the Emirates Air Line cable car, this could be your chance to give it a try! Rob’s review is here.
Bid on a luxury opera experience with Hilton in Barcelona
If you fancy a great night out at the opera and have a few Hilton HHonor points to spend, this auction could be of interest. You need to be free on the weekends of either 12th or 19th November.
On the HHonors auction website, Hilton @Play, you can currently bid on this package in Barcelona:
- Tickets to “The Marriage of Figaro” and a private dinner at Liceu Theater
- Luxury shuttle to/from Liceu Barcelona from hotel and to/from airport
- Three-course meal for two (including wine)
- One night stay in Presidential Suite at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
- Executive lounge access and breakfast
Last time I checked (11pm Saturday) the price was 120,000 Hilton HHonors points. Considering that you’d normally get one standard night at the Hilton Park Lane for 90,000 points, this looks like an amazing deal even if the points you need to pay go a bit further up.
To make a bid, go to this page of the HHonors website. The auction closes tomorrow (Monday 17th) at 5am so there is still time to bid on this experience. The odd closing time means that there probably won’t be a last minute flurry of bids.
Head for Points reader wins a big competition!
You might remember the IHG competition Rob recommended in August.
BMW in association with IHG was giving away:
- A three night stay at the InterContinental New York Barclay Hotel
- An experience in the BMW i8
- A chauffeur driven BMW i3 at your disposal whilst in New York
- A BMW i3 to drive for six months
- IHG Rewards Club Platinum Ambassador Membership and 250,000 IHG Rewards Club points (which we’d value at £1,000+)
We are pleased to hear that the winner is one of our readers – and I am not jealous at all ….