£15 off £25 Amazon purchase for ALL Amex Gold and Platinum holders

American Express sent out an interesting offer to its Gold, Green, Centurion and Platinum cardholders yesterday.

You will save £15 on your next Amazon order of £25 or more as long as you part-pay with Membership Rewards points.

If your account is set to ‘no marketing’ then you may not have received it.  Not to worry, it is still open to you.

As I wrote in this article here, you can now use your American Express Membership Rewards points to pay for Amazon orders.

The rate is poor – just 0.45p per point.  You are far better off using your points for something more valuable such as airline miles or hotel points.

The process is seamless though.  Once you have linked your Membership Rewards account to your Amazon account, you will be given the option to pay or part-pay with points every time you check out.

There is a little quirk in this deal which lets you maximise the value you get.

Amazon

This is what you need to do to save £15:

If you have not already done so, link your Membership Rewards account with your Amazon account by visiting this page on the Amazon website

Buy £25 of items on amazon.co.uk (these must all be sold by Amazon and not third party merchants, and excludes digital content, including digital gift cards)

Enter code AMEX16SWP at check out

Part-pay for your order using Membership Rewards points.  The sneaky option is to redeem just 2 points for a 1p discount.  This saves you ‘wasting’ MR points on a low value redemption.

The offer runs until 31st January.  However, it is limited to the first 33,333 people to order so I wouldn’t leave it too late.

The Amazon link above pays HFP a small commission if you use it – consider your 2017 HFP subscription paid …..!

Why Amex Gold is the ideal starter Amex for a miles and points newcomer
Lloyds buys MBNA and its airline credit cards ..... good news or bad?

Comments

1. It seems if you use GC option on your account (even after selecting whatever number of MR points you wan to redeem) it removes the discount.

2. Gary Colclough says:

anyone know how I link my card?

Thanks

3. Just worked for me 🙂

4. sussex bantam says:

This is still live now

5. Worked fine for me today. Items need to be sold by Amazon obviously

6. Posted elsewhere but the offer no longer working using the same card on different account. My brother got an order cancelled email saying the same card had been used

7. unfortunately did not work for me, might be already gone?

• You need to be paying with the Amex card linked to your MR account – is that it? I messed up there.

• Just worked for me – you must use your linked AMEX Gold card and part pay in points

• After a bit of struggling, it just worked for me. The problem I initially had is that one of my items wasn’t sold by “Amazon EU Sàrl”, even although it was marked “Prime”. This is quite obscure and easily overlooked, but is shown on the checkout/payment page beside each item if you look closely. Once I replaced this item with another sold directly by Amazon, the voucher code worked. Perhaps this is the issue??

• the real harry says:

worked fine for me, same Amex Gold card, on 4 different Amazon a/cs

might as well double dip

• Axel Heyst says:

Flaky indeed. Checkout telling me code has already been used by me despite no purchases.

How do you find items only provided by amazon sarl on amazon?

• the real harry says:

Axel – I think you’ll find it said ‘code already redeemed’ which means you have successfully input the code to your Amazon a/c – you can now use it

just make sure it’s Amazon goods/you use £0.01 minimum of MR points in part payment/ you might need to input the code again

8. Just done (21h28 on Wednesday) but very fiddly how it goes. But has definitely gone through: got both the confirmation email from Amazon and it’s showing as a pending transaction on the Amex website. Not going to make anyone rich, but a nice little offset of a part of the fees….

9. Thanks for this 🙂 missed the email…didn’t get it but have now used through your link.

Had to play about with it but got there in the end, also used gift card balance ahah so winner winner 🙂

Thanks for sharing.

Grace

• Thanks Grace. I did one of these yesterday and managed to get it to use my gift card balance – but for some reason it reduced the discount to £9-odd! I took that as I was happier running down the gift card balance than getting the full £15 off.

10. Planeflyer says:

I redeemed one of these on Xmas day, but just not got a cancellation notice. Doh! I tried to rebuy it, but the voucher code no longer worked. Used the chat function to talk to someone, made a new order, and after a discount, ended up even cheaper than before!