TODAY ONLY: Virgin £1,000 Upper Class flights from Manchester to Boston

As part of its Valentines Day sale, Virgin Atlantic has launched some aggressive Upper Class fares from Manchester to Boston.

See the Virgin site here for details.

How aggressive?  We’re talking ‘£999.50 return’ aggressive.  Two people must travel, however, so you are looking at £1,999.

If you are looking to earn some Virgin tier points cheaply or simply want to fly to the US in style – and US fares in economy are not exactly dirt cheap in summer – this is well worth a look.  Even if you are London based, the train trip up to Manchester is not too painful.

The £999.50 price is available although Easter was tricky when I checked.  It is easy to find relevant dates because the Virgin website lets you search for the cheapest combination of dates over a 1 week or 5 week period.

delta airline virgin atlantic

The travel dates for the £999 fare are:

01 Apr 17 – 17 Apr 17 (availability fairly tight)
01 Jul 17 – 31 Aug 17
22 Nov 17 – 29 Nov 17
18 Dec 17 – 02 Jan 18

You won’t receive the limo transfer at these prices, but you can’t really complain.

The other Upper Class deals under this offer are not so great.  New York is £2,799 for two from Manchester, San Francisco is £3,399 for two from Manchester and Boston is £2,999 for two from Heathrow.

The best thing to do if you’re interested is visit the Virgin website and check out potential dates.  Remember to select ‘Upper Class’ before you search, which involves using the drop down ‘Show Advanced Options’ box.  I also strongly recommend using the ‘1 week view’ option as this is not available every day.

If you want to check out the Economy and Premium Economy offers available today only, you will find all the pricing on this page of the Virgin site.

100% bonus when you buy IHG Rewards Club points - THREE DAYS ONLY
How to use 'part pay with Avios' to book Iberia flights

Comments

1. Just wanted to point out that searching month by month, there appears to be availability for many other periods around the £1000-1100 mark as well (predominantly beyond June 2017).

2. This is the same price as they ran in January but you could book solo travel then (and AA were also running £1K fares at the same time). I’m assuming the MAN-BOS route isn’t as busy as they forecast.
    The main downside of flying from Manchester as far as I can see is no Virgin Lounge, which, let’s face it, is one of the best things about flying Virgin from Heathrow. Mind you, if you’re within an easy commute to MAN you’d be mad not to book this fare rather than pay the extra to fly from Heathrow.

• Tristan Embury says:

No -the main downside is the sheer & utter chaos of spending several hours being thrown around border control, upon landing -totally destroying your short break, with your wife …not whether u have to pay for a drink in a bar,or get it free in a lounge.

• That’s not reserved for cheap Valentine’s Day tickets from Manchester though, so why link it to the comment above?

Their country, their rules same as ME. Don’t go if you object.

• the real harry1 says:

not too sure I will go back – don’t like the way it’s going

I’ve ruled out ME & Africa, as in: won’t step foot there again in my life & good riddance

NA still on the borderline, positively, though, just for the food & the views I haven’t seen

very happy with Europe, SE Asia and Australasia, enough to keep me going there for 25 years without getting remotely bored I reckon

S America only a nice to have at this point

3. Barry cutters says:

Update on Aer lingus . – as Ba gold you get;
    No fast track. No seat selection for free apart from rows 14-back , lounge access, No guest although I did manage to sweet talk the front desk lady in to letting my guest in.

4. Your ads that are now showing at the bottom of each page are forcing the page to scroll down to it without warning and is VERY annoying. Used to read your page every day, now not so much!

• I agree. It is very annoying.

• This ONLY happens in Safari on a Mac. No other combination is impacted.

No-one expected this to happen including the ad agency. Unfortunately I agreed to run the 50 Shades ad until 14th so I have kept it up. The good news is that it will disappear tonight and all will return to normal.

• On a mac using safari as I type. No issues here Rob – just for your info.

• the real harry1 says:

using ad-blockers?

• I know – we run to 20,000 visitors a day on the online site and total complaints over the last 10 days have totalled about 10. Not that I have dismissed those complaints, we have tried to block the ad to Mac users but have failed, but it certainly isn’t every Mac user.

Anyway, as I ahead of UK time and am off to bed, I will delete it now and then all is sorted.

• TGLoyalty says:

Its autoplaying on Chrome on Mac too, just stopped jumping to the bottom, Safari still happening. Roll on the 15th!

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

Personally I like to keep up with the latest advances in Russian Bride technology ;o)

5. Hallelujah – its finally gone – thanks Rob (eventually)

Please may we kindly ask you to avoid using that agency in future – they are clearly wholly incompetent amateurs

6. Could someone please tell me why there are so much premium/business class deals on this website?
    Do people really fly business that much? I don’t think that people who fly business would follow this website.
    This price still much more expensive than economy flights, I don’t understand why a regular person would buy this.
    Please enlighten me.

• Lots of people are willing to pay a premium for business class if the price is right. The increase in comfort and improvement in holiday from a good night’s sleep on board makes a big difference, I find. All depends on your personal need for legroom and how much value you place on it though.

• the real harry1 says:

[Bob] the site owner is not writing for everybody (though HFP is open to all!) – but has in mind a discrete target readership as his number 1 audience – there are secondary & tertiary readerships as well

several times he has demonstrated that the subscriber list proves you wrong on your ‘I don’t think that people who fly business would follow this website.’

I’m writing that as somebody who refuses to fly business in Europe on principle :)

• Plenty of people writing about cheap economy deals – we don’t do those. If there are 500,000 people in this country who are happy to pay for long-haul business class if the price is right then I’m happy to target those. In reality the number is far bigger than 500,000 – especially as the Qatar sale levels where you’re looking at £900 (less a few hundred quid of Avios back plus BA Silver status) to Asia vs £500 or so for Economy on BA …..

• Thanks for the reply Rob.
            At least I can tell why I’m following this website.
            You are making an awesome job, your grammar is good, you don’t post clickbait and you’re posting your own honest reviews.
            The reason I’ve post this comment was to understand the reasoning behind these business class posts. I’ve flown more than 100 times in my life, but only 2 of them were business, thanks to miles points.
            I’m still not convinced, but if it’s good business for you, i think you should keep it up. Just keep an eye on google analytics and analyse your revenue vs business class posts. Just saying.
            Cheers.

• Most read post of the last 7 days was ‘£1400 to Auckland in Qatar Business’.

Not just the most read, but it had 50% more views than the 2nd most read article this week.