$10 of free credit for every HFP reader from LoungeBuddy

We met up with the guys from LoungeBuddy at the Business Travel Show in London yesterday.  It reminded me that it is literally a year since I last mentioned the special deal we have with them – although it is plugged in our sidebar on the desktop site – so I thought it was worth another outing today.

HFP readers get a free $10 sign-up credit when they sign up with airport lounge app LoungeBuddy.

LoungeBuddy is the leading global authority on airport lounges. It is a FREE app which is available for both iOS and Android phones.

If you are reading this on your phone and click here, you will be automatically taken to the relevant download page for your device.

At its simplest, it shows you a comprehensive list of airport lounges at the airport where you currently are (it will bring up relevant results automatically if it senses you are in an airport) or you can pick one which you intend to visit. Listings include ratings, reviews, photos and access requirements.

It can do more than that, however.

You can store details of your airline status cards with LoungeBuddy. You can also upload details of your forthcoming flights. The app will use this information to highlight which lounges you are allowed to use based on your status or your travel class.  It also integrates with TripIt.

LoungeBuddy also sells day passes to pay-as-you-go airport lounges.

You can use LoungeBuddy on iOS or Android to buy access to a large number of airport lounges, both in the UK and elsewhere.

When you look at LoungeBuddy listings for a particular airport, lounges where you can use the app to purchase a day pass are highlighted with a large ‘Buy’ button. You can then use a pre-stored credit card number to buy an entrance pass for yourself and any number of guests. You simply show your LoungeBuddy confirmation code at the lounge entrance and you will be allowed in.

LoungeBuddy

Pretty much every major UK lounge which offers paid access is available via LoungeBuddy.  You can also buy access for the First Class Lounge in the Private Jet Terminal at London City Airport which we reviewed here.  It will also include a new secret product at London City which is coming very soon.

LoungeBuddy is offering a special discount to Head for Points readers who give the app a try.

Plaza Premium Heathrow 2

If you download the LoungeBuddy app for your iOS or Android device and enter the code headfp you will receive a $10 credit against your first lounge visit. There is a box to enter the code on the ‘Payment’ tab on the menu. The $10 will be converted into £ when you make a purchase.

If you want to find out more about LoungeBuddy, visit their website here. Clicking here (if you are reading this on a smartphone) will take you to the download page for your device. Don’t forget to add the code headfp when registering.

PS.  Don’t forget that the No 1 Traveller lounge network is still offering 750 Avios points if you book with them directly, so you should compare the LoungeBuddy price with the $10 discount vs the No 1 Traveller price with a few Avios thrown in.

Higher-than-usual 800 Avios bonus for signing up with e-Rewards
Bits: 2400 Avios with £50 of toys, fly to Barbados from Heathrow, Hilton's APAC resorts sale

Comments

1. Pre-booking No.1 lounge, the price is now £25 right, not £20 as before? Thx

2. the real harry1 says:

The Priority Pass @ Groupon deal is still going strong – £6 buys you a discount code for 25% off the Standard Plus membership. So for a net £125.25 you get 10x Priority Pass lounge passes = £12.53 each

Somebody please confirm my understanding that with Standard Plus you can’t (say) use up 4 visits in one go.

• Scottydogg says:

I was also wondering this , can I say bring my family and that will count as 4 visits off , or does the 10 visits just count for the person holding the card ?

• harry why don’t you just bite the bullet and get the Amex Platinum. If you churn every 6 months between you and your wife you can bring in ~112k Avios per year and get 4 of you into as many lounges as you want! The Avios alone more than covers the fee.

• the real harry1 says:

I’ve nearly done it a couple of times but it doesn’t really stack up vs just buying the passes/ GC/LC or sourcing cheap DP, mainly because my wife frequently doesn’t travel with the rest of us on the way out, coming out later thanks to work (she nearly always comes back on the same flight but the lounges out there are a bit pointless since I can’t drink booze (driving on return) and the airport is actually great, always plenty of seating, light, modern & spacious, uncrowded, KFC & BK and if I feel like it could buy a 0.5l tin of Stella for £1.50 from one of the shops (shame on you T3 not letting Boots or WHS sell booze :) & there’s a decent fair-priced outside bar/ pub airside overlooking the runways. I’ve tried the lounges there and they’re a bit empty, dark & depressing though good in other respects apart from fresh/ hot food.

which means I’d only get one of the sprogs in with me in the UK, delivering less value

I’m not persuaded of the other Plat advantages such as insurance afaiac

3. the real harry1 says:

And I just gave this a dummy run & the code is working fine https://thetelegraph.dragonpassuk.com/
    Use code TELEDP16 and you get a 1-shot Dragonpass lounge pass for £16.50. This is a decent choice for (say) T3 because you can’t get into No1 Traveller with Lounge Club (Gold Amex), & No1 is clearly imv the best lounge. If No1 turns you away you can just go to Club Aspire (who told me at Xmas that in their first 6 weeks they hadn’t turned away anybody because at capacity).

4. Just and FYI for anyone with existing credit, doesn’t stack if you already have a different code on your account.

5. the real harry1 says:

Not often mentioned on HFP, the Diners Club personal charge card costs £50 pa & has a loyalty scheme giving shopping vouchers – includes Virgin & Marriott. More importantly, DC guarantees entry at its roster of lounge partners so you won’t get turned away (in theory) – for £15 a lounge pass. From memory this includes No1 T3.

• the real harry1 says:
      • £3750 of spend gets you a £10 gift voucher. How often do people get turned away from lounges? (as someone that hasn’t been in a lounge for about 20 years)

• the real harry1 says:

frequently, if it’s a popular lounge at a busy time – that’s why people sometimes guarantee entry with a booking fee – £5 @ No1 T3 or order a glass of Champagne for £6-7

• flyforfun says:

Out of 4 attempts to get in to No 1 at T3 during 2016 I only got in once, and that time I prebooked as I had my partner with me – but I didn’t need to as they didn’t ask!

2016 was a bad time as they were being used by Cathay Pacific while their lounge was being rebuilt – and that over ran.

6. Gin and Tonic Please says:

Secret product at LCY? Intriguing – especially as I’m flying from there in 3 months’ time…