British Airways Holidays has launched another Club World and Club Europe ‘flight and hotel’ promotion. This seems to be becoming the new way for BA to quietly slip excess flight capacity onto the market whilst keeping the actual price of the flights opaque.
Travel dates vary more widely this time. You need to book by 21st March.
These are the ‘lead in’ flight and hotel offers based on Club World flights:
- Toronto – three nights at the 4* Chelsea Hotel Toronto, from £1,299 per person, travelling between 18th to 27th December
- Tampa – seven nights at the 4* Holiday Inn & Suites Harbourside, from £1,599 per person, travelling between 1st May and 30th June
- Punta Cana – seven nights at the 4* Occidental Grand Punta Cana Resort (all inclusive), from £1,499 per person, travelling between 1st May and 22nd June 22
- Barbados – seven nights at the 4* Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa, from £1,899 per person, travelling between 1st September and 30th September
- Mauritius – seven nights at the 4* Preskill Beach Resort, from £2,359 per person, travelling between 1st and 30th June
- Dubai – three nights at the 4* Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, from £1,479 per person, travelling between 1st June and 21st June
Interestingly, this time there are Club Europe deals as well:
- Seville – three nights at the 4* Precise Resort El Rompido Club, from £259 per person, travelling 1st to 30th September
- Barcelona – three nights at the 4* Atenea Valles, from £289 per person, travelling 1st to 31st May
- Malaga – seven nights at the 4* Princesa Solar, from £359 per person, travelling 1st to 31st May
- Mallorca – seven nights at the 4* Globales America, from £569 per person, travelling between 1st and 31st October
- Edinburgh – two nights at the 4* Holiday Inn Edinburgh, from £239 per person, travelling between 1st and 31st May
These prices are based on two people sharing.
As usual with BA Holiday you don’t have to pay in full when booking. Apart from a small deposit, you only need to pay the balance five weeks before departure.
Remember that you also earn a bonus 2 Avios per £1 for booking with BA Holidays on top of the Avios you will earn from the flights and from your credit card.
(One minor downside is that BA Holidays packages do not earn On Business points in BA’s small business loyalty scheme for the flights.)
And flight only deals too ….
British Airways is also running some flight-only deals.
The best way to see what is available and when it is for is via the Low Fare Finder tool. This is a clever bit of the BA website which lets you see at a glance which months offer the cheapest tickets to any particular destination.
In truth, none of these deals are worth dropping everything for and heading out to the airport. Some of the Club Europe offers are attractive if you are in need of tier points, however.
These are the headline fares BA is promoting:
- USA – New York from £2395, Boston from £2195, Philadelphia from £2395, Miami from £2495, Washington from £2495, San Fran from £2895 return
- Canada – Toronto from £2194 and Vancouver from £2895 return
- Middle East – Dubai from £2107, Muscat from £1772, Tehran from £2282
- USA – New York from £1795, Chicago from £1895, Philadelphia from £1795, Miami from £1795, Las Vegas from £2495, San Fran from £2295 and Los Angeles from £2595
- Canada – Toronto from £1594, Calgary from £1795 and Vancouver from £1895 return
- Caribbean – Antigua from £1679, Bermuda from £1795, Barbados from £1679, Dominican Republic from £1295, St Lucia from £1679 and Tobago from £1679
- Middle East – Dubai from £1495, Muscat from £1295 and Abu Dhabi from £1295
- India – Mumbai from £1895, Hyderabad from £1767 and Chennai from £1795 return
- China – Beijing from £1751 and Shanghai from £2295 return
- Cape Town from £2995 return
- Bangkok from £1759 return
- Kuala Lumpur from £2045 return
- Singapore from £2260 return
There are also a lot of Club Europe flight deals available. Some are well under £200. Looking at the BA Low Fare Finder I saw:
- Bergen from £82 each way
- Billund from £89 each way (Legoland!)
- Brussels from £109 each way
- Dublin from £116 each way
- Granada from £110 each way
from £66 each way(deleted – ba.com displays this but it is a bug)
- Luxembourg from £86 each way
- Nantes from £99 each way
- Paris from £99 each way
- Rotterdam from £98 each way
…..and many more.
According to the BA press release I was sent “Bookings must be made between May 15 and June 3, 2014.” I guess that this isn’t true or we’ve all missed the boat.
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for the latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios from current offers and promotions.)