Generous 1,500 Avios bonus on your next two Accor stays in UK and Ireland

Accor, owner of the Novotel, Ibis, Mercure, Pullman, Sofitel etc brands, has launched a new promotion aimed specifically at its hotels in the UK and Ireland.

I mentioned this deal briefly last week in our monthly round-up of the best hotel deals but I wanted to highlight it more clearly today.

It is a very simple and straightforward deal.

Register at this page and you will receive:

500 bonus Accor points on your next UK / Ireland Accor stay (worth 500 Avios or €10) and

1,000 points on your 2nd UK / Ireland stay (worth 1,000 Avios or €20)

Stays must be completed by 31st December.  However, it is important to note that they must be booked by 19th July.

Existing bookings will count if they were made after 19th April.  You should rebook older reservations if the price has not gone up and they are cancellable.

Le Club AccorHotels logo

This offer should stack with the other two Accor promotions currently running.

Triple Avios:

Accor is still offering a generous ‘triple Avios’ promotion until 30th June.

You will earn at least 7.5 Avios per €1 you spend, except at Ibis where the rate is lower.  If you have Accor status you will earn even more.  A £500 Novotel stay would earn you 4,500 Avios points which is certainly not to be sniffed at.

The promo is a little fiddly and you need to send the Avios to Iberia Plus, not BA, before moving them across to BA via ‘Combine My Avios’.  Full details are in this article.

Bonus for 2+ night stays:

Until 3rd September, you will receive 500 bonus points on your first 2+ night stay, 2500 bonus points on your 2nd 2+ night stay and 3000 bonus points on your third 2+ night stay.  The snag is that all rooms must be booked by 23rd May.  My article on this offer is here.

3 x 2-night bookings would earn you a maximum of €120 of credit or 6,000 Avios.

Remember to convert into Iberia Avios and not British Airways Executive Club

When I say in this article that 1 Accor point = 1 Avios point, this only applies if you convert them into Iberia Plus.  The conversion rate into British Airways Executive is only half as good, at 1 Accor points = 0.5 Avios.

You should also think twice, to be honest, before converting to Iberia.  As 1 Accor point = 1 Iberia Avios or 2 Eurocents off a future Accor booking, you are effectively ‘buying’ your Avios at 1.7p.  This is a poor deal so you should only do it if there is no chance of you needing to book an Accor property with your own money at some point in the future.

Remember that you MUST register for the ‘1500 points for two UK stays’ promotion via this page of the Accor website.

Win two tickets to (just about) anywhere with Qatar Airways and Head for Points
My review of the ANA InterContinental Tokyo hotel

Comments

1. Waribai says:

Thanks for the heads up. Do you think once registered this offer applies to existing bookings or do we need to cancel and rebook?

2. OT- SOG -> Marriott RP

Is SPG to Marriott points transfer instantaneous?
    I am looking to book a travel package in first week of next month (still waiting for some SPG points to be earned as Amex MR).
    Also wondering to see if any one tried this Travel package with AAdvantage miles for their 25% bonus. I am hoping to get 150K AA miles + 7 nights at Marriott Category 1-5 using this travel package.

3. OT

Enjoyed a great IHG redemption this weekend.

Crowne Plaza Liverpool airport – you can book executive rooms for 20K points, as a Gold member my 20K points got me the following

– 5K points from the accelerate program
    – A vouchers for 2 free drinks at the bar
    – a bottle of wine, fruit, water and chocolates in the room on arrival
    – access to the executive lounge, pretty lame but did have free beer, wine and nibles for a few hours.
    – They gave me vouchers for breakfast in the restaurant downstairs (as the lounge does not breakfast at the weekend)
    – Free newspaper of my choice left delivered to my room in the morning.
    – Access ot the David Lloyd health club next door which has an indoor and outdoor pool, steam room, jacuzzi, sauna etc.

Its about a £15 taxi to from liverpool centre taking 20 mins (i even used my free 11th Uber with barclaycard)

4. James A says:

My latest stay with Accor was so shambolic, I am not motivated to take advantage of this promotion.

• Alex W says:

Lol. Every one of my Accor stays has been a shambolic disappointment!

5. Michael says:

O/T

Hello,

Quite new to collecting Avios and had a question about holding two Amex cards simultaneously. I have the free BA Amex but want to get the gold card to get the 20,000 sign up bonus. On the application it says you may not be eligible for the bonus if you hold another card but as the BA card isn’t part of Amex membership rewards would I still get the sign up bonus?

Also, am I right in thinking I can cancel the gold card before the 1 year anniversary and I won’t be charged the fee?

Thanks in advance

Mike

• Peter K says:

You are correct that you will get the Gold bonus despite holding the BA card as the Gold card gives you membership points and the BA card Avios.

Also correct about the cancelling and not being charged.

• Yes, you still get the Gold bonus.

And, yes, no fee on Gold if you cancel before the year is up.

6. Can you actually move these out of your Accor account before you reach the threshold? Ive been having problems with my last stay and I cant seem to get anywhere with the rules of their loyalty program.

• Some reports that auto-transfer is now working again if you activate it for Iberia, which empties out your current balance immediately.

• roger rogers says:

Managed to empty one account with around 1500 points to Iberia Plus.

• Alex W says:

Yes I did this a few weeks ago for an account with about 1300 points after many months of trying. Search HFP and there is an article on how to do it.

7. Any easy way to get status with Accor? I used to stay in their MGallery hotels when I had platinum status but now I’m statusless I’m more likely to book through hotels.com, Hilton or IHG

8. Michael says:

Forgive my ignorance but when you say this offer will “stack” with current offers – do you mean that my next stay will accumulate 500 pts as part of my first of 3 as part of the 3×2 nights =6000pts offer and another 500pts as part of this promotion?

Keep up the good work!

Mike

• It usually does with Accor offers. I have no clear proof it works here but I would expect it to (no promises though!).

• Michael says:

Thanks Rob. The disclaimer is noted as well. Ill actually be having half a dozen ibis stays this summer anyway so should clock up the stays for both offers if they don’t stack. Just curious as to how soon the points will hit my account.

9. I don’t understand why accor points are always kind of valued via avios on this site ) they have better value when used for hotels )

• I see your point. My reasoning is that, if I write about an Accor promo, people on here are likely to see it through a prism of ‘can I earn more Avios moving stays to Accor via this promo?’ than ‘can I pick up some Accor points for hotel stays?’. I do always remind people that the hotel vouchers arguably are better value, but if you don’t see yourself using them ….