BA Club Europe flash sale – flights plus hotel from £269 per person!

BA has launched a Club Europe holidays flash sale with good prices for city breaks and beach holidays this Autumn.

These deals look very good if you are flexible about when you can travel, and are a cheap way to pick up 80 tier points (160 tier points on longer routes).

New BA short haul seat 1

Here are some sample prices for 3 days city breaks.  Prices are per person based on two travelling and include Club Europe flights:

Rome – flight + 3 hotel nights in November – from £249

Seville – flight + 3 hotel nights – from £234

Amsterdam – flight + 3 hotel nights – from £252

Barcelona – flight + 3 hotel nights in December – from £259

Here are some sample prices for 7 days beach holidays:

Malta – flight + 7 hotel nights in December – from £289

Alicante – flight + 7 hotel nights in December – from £313

Malaga – flight + 7 hotel nights in November – from £329

All flights are out of Gatwick.

Other routes available are Nice, Algarve, Alicante, Paphos, Rhodes, Crete, Tenerife, Dalaman or Madeira.

Remember that these Club Europe flights will earn you at least 80 tier points and a decent amount of Avios.  Routes earning 160 tier points are listed in this article.

The prices quoted above are generally for 4* hotels although in most cases you can pay extra for a 5*.

The headline rules are:

Book by midnight on Monday 7th August

Travel must be between 15th September and 15th December

Prices are based on midweek travel

Departure on Saturday may be more expensive

Prices are per person based on two sharing, departing from London Gatwick

Full details are on this page of the British Airways website here.

Important dates for your diary - offers about to close which you shouldn't miss
Bits: now a Tesco / BA competition, 20% Tesco to Virgin bonus?, 1200 Avios with Tesco PayQwiq

Comments

1. Something is not right with BA website these days – I tried to book cash CE return flight (to reach ba silver), but only 1 out of 10 shortlisted flights did offer avios discount (either logged/ not logged in)…not talking about boombastic headline ”CE flight from 40£ each way”, but when you click on it, it jump to 110…

• the real harry1 says:

the other way round is still giving the full Avios redemptions choice

I booked our 4 summer hols 2018 outbound flights the other day and took 20,000 Avios off for £160 – sucker for easy 0.8p I know but all I have to do is sit on my backside :)

no tier points of course so no interest to you

• Sinewaves says:

Am I missing something, isn’t that 0.008p per mile?

• Genghis says:

£0.008 = 0.8p (16,000p / 20,000)

• the real harry1 says:

and the 4 seats are selling for £688, making my 10,000 Avios worth £458
            = 4.58p/ point

[pats self on back] :)

• Extending this theme a little, has anybody ever got good value out of using part pay with avios to reduce cost of a cash Y/WTP/CW fare and subsequently upgrading to WTF/CW/F using avios? I’ve alway been tempted to try this but so far my travel dates have not coincided with a good part pay offer.

• Freudian slip?

• In what way Mark, what am I missing?

• WTF/CW/F

• OMG!

• James, we did that in last July BA sale to NYC. We used avios to bring the J return seats around £660 from DUB tho. Then we upgraded to F 20k avs, on way back from NYC. So that was amazing value for us.
            Tom, that’s the trip l was talking about when l suggested you u/g to F on way back. Glad to see you have got those seats. I did reply on other log to you. Fantastic.

• Thanks Polly, good to know it can work and that it did so very well for you.

• Hi Polly

We’ve managed to upgrade to F on the way back from NYC for 20k avios each! Beyond excited!

Thanks for the heads up!

T

• Too early for a Saturday, just re read your post, Polly !

• Lady London says:

Does F no longer mean First then?

• NYC is too short a journey to faff about going via Dub as an ex-EU

• Rod, agree NYC is too short for an Ex EU from DUB. But we spent a few days in DUB with family first so, it was planned that way. On the way back obviously we got caught up in city traffic and never made it to LCY for the last leg back to DUB!

F def still means First….

2. Some interesting deals, recall if choosing IHG or Hilton properties via this deal the nights won’t credit and status benefits not guaranteed?

• +1 i’m not sure if you can take advantage of hilton status and earn points with bookings through ba holidays?

3. the real harry1 says:

being tight, I just did a totally random test comparison – Artis Hotel, Rome – 5-8 December

the difference between economy & CE is (2 pax) £287 vs £573

expensive wee G&T :)

4. Good point that Harry made.
    Seems to be a limited number of destinations, so a comparison of economy vs business cost could be useful. Guess it’s just buying tier points than anything else, on the CE flights the hard product isn’t gonna be valued at much – perhaps £10 for the lounge, £10 for food each way, £10 for the ‘feeling good cos I is in biz’ (!) (your value may vary)

• it seems most people who fly CE value “feel good cos i is in biz” at north of £300

• I think most people flying CE are connecting to longhaul CW/F, or have a generous employer, or are redeeming and so value it at 3750 to 10000avios+£7.50

5. I don’t rate CE catering too highly (except on the LCY routes) for shorter flights, but the CE catering on longer flights is worth it.

Malta looks something of a bargain here – 160 TP, 7 nights hotel, it’s a good per night price.

• What are you going to do in Malta for 7 days?? I got bored after day 3, though this is why I only went for 3 days.

• Plenty to do in Malta for 7 days…it’s a nice relaxing place to go, great eating spots. Very interesting history, except when it floods and you are in the catacombs as we were many moons ago!

6. It’s always frustrating, as a northerner, that the BA website defaults to London when it shows the cheap prices whereas it is a bit fiddly to determine what you can get from Manchester.

• How is it done? I choose, UK and only get the choice of London Airports.

• You go to skyscanner, choose your local airport, tick for nearby airports if desired, go to the filters and ensure every airline except BA is selected and you are highly likely to get a better deal. No need to be supporting London Airways or the London airports when you can be supporting growth and competition at Manchester or wherever people find their local airport.

• Thanks for the help, as I would never have thought of that myself.

• Just through fiddling with the trip finder – if you put in Manchester and then the direct flight routes then it will offer the hotel deal at the next stage, which is where BA are basically offering the saving.

Interestingly to grab loads of tier points for what is a short trip, not that one might ever be bothered, you could do a trip in business to Palma, but transiting through Heathrow and Madrid for 240 tier points on a return trip. Four nights in a hotel with those flights comes out at about £550pp….

• Yeah, London Airways! London’s like another country, isn’t it – why should we support Them? Always scrounging from us with their lower London house prices and cost of living. Give us back our free connecting flights. Can we vote for Brexit again please?

• I’m not antiLondon just proRegions.

• London wouldn’t be so expensive if northerners stopped coming down…

• Lack of free connecting flights has had a major impact on viability of redemptions sadly – just looked at Lisbon for my folks. Easyjet wanted £500 for the two of them, which we thought was a lot. Redemption seats available to me as BA Gold, but not to my parents. Coming back a day later than they wanted (nothing on the Sunday) would have been 42,000 Avios + £160 – suddenly direct flight with Easyjet seems the better option rather than the hassle of connecting at LHR. Means that realistically only long-haul redemptions have any hope of being cost-effective, when previously RFS was a decent option.

• @John, do you mean people like bloggers from Yorkshire?

• Catalan says:

But JamesB you’ll be supporting foreign airlines with that mindset. Hardly beneficial for the U.K. economy

• Kwisstan says:

I’m happy to support foreign airlines, if they serve me better. I’m not here to server the UK Economy

• I would prefer to support British business, however, if airlines from overseas are willing to offer me choices and better VFM from my local airport then so be it. BA could do so too but they choose not too.

• Sadly that’s the BA website for you. Only ever vaguely properly coded around London. I just ignore these CE deals now.