Virgin Atlantic sale now on – decent deals in all classes

Virgin Atlantic has launched a sale with decent deals in all classes.

Until 20th September you can find reduced fares on flights to the US, Caribbean, Mexico, Cuba, Asia, Middle East and Africa.

Full details are on this special website.

New Virgin A330 layout

Looking at the Upper Class deals, there are some interesting prices available.

The standout deal is Delhi at £1588 for travel between 3rd and 31st January 2018 as well as between 13th April and 30th June 2018.

There are also several US routes included in the sale if you can travel over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year or next Easter.

Upper Class prices out of London are:

Boston £1749

New York £1699

San Francisco £2639

Washington £1749

Miami £1989

Seattle £2359

Los Angeles £2549

These prices are for travel between 21st – 28th November 2017; 18th December 2017 – 2nd January 2018 and 30th March 2018 – 15th April 2018.

Orlando costs £1999 when the outbound flight is between 28th December 2017 – 29th March 2018 and 8th April 18 – 4th July 2018 and the inbound flight is between 7th January 2018 – 5th April 2018 and 22nd April 2018 – 4th July 18.

Las Vegas costs £2239 when travelling 18th December 2017 – 2nd January 2018 and 30th March 2018 – 15th April 2018.

It’s worth mentioning that Boston and San Francisco are cheaper when flying from Manchester.  Boston is £1459 and San Francisco costs £2359.

Other Upper Class deals include:

Delhi £1588 (3rd – 31st January 2018 and 13th April – 30th June 2018).

Shanghai £2159 (1st November 2017- 10th December 2017, 11th January 2018 – 6th February 2018, 21st February 2018 – 20th March 2018, 24th April 2018 – 15th June 2018)

Dubai £1688 (3rd January 2018 – 15th March 2018, 26th March 2018 – 2nd April 2018)

Virgin Atlantic Easter sale

There are also some decent Premium Economy deals out there, which will be especially interesting for anyone chasing Virgin Flying Club tier points.  Destinations from London include:

• New York £664
  • Boston £664
  • Washington £684
  • Orlando £733
  • Miami £744
  • Los Angeles £814
  • Seattle £784
  • San Francisco £844
  • Las Vegas £854
  • Dubai £628
  • Barbados £809

Economy deals are also available, starting at £399 for New York and Boston from London. Some destinations are a lot cheaper from Manchester and may justify a train trip. San Francisco for example costs £529 from London and £429 from Manchester.

Travel dates and full details of what is available can be found on the Virgin Atlantic sale website here.

You need to book by 20th September at the latest but there is limited availability and it is worth jumping in now if you want to secure key Christmas or Easter dates.

Jurys Rewards - is the Jurys Inn reward scheme any good?
Review of the new(ish) Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge at Heathrow T4

Comments

1. Very interesting. I got a quote for Virgin UC, LHR-MIA this week. When I booked it yesterday, the price had dropped by around £800 pp. We are travelling out in mid November, but the return is during the offer period. Agent booked us on Delta codeshare, which may make a difference.

2. Isn’t London – NYC always around 400 on virgin if booked early?

3. Not such a good deal as last year. I managed to get SEA in economy for 14.5 K points each way, this deal where as 25K under this deal.

4. OT, and this was the basis of a discussion previously, but I tried to refer my OH for a BA Amex PP card (she has the free card at the moment, I have the BAPP), and whilst I understood that she wouldn’t get the 25k avios I thought that I would get the 9k referral. I contacted Amex last night to check this, as did she, separately, and we were both told that no referral would exist as she is an existing customer.

This seems odd as you’d think that Amex would want people actively moving from the free card to the paid card, so any incentive would be beneficial!

5. O/T: My Finnair flight got cancelled for technical reasons, and I only got informed on the day itself. Finnair rerouted me onto a direct flight SIN – LHR on BA that left exactly 1 hour earlier. My original route was SIN-HEL-LHR. My arrival time was earlier than the original. Am I entitled to any EU261? I know this seems a bit entitled, but I am a bit annoyed that I get the (in my opinion) inferior BA hard product.

• Barry cutters says:

So you actually got to your destination earlier than the original ? So I would imagine money compo, but write a strong letter to the airline explaining your issue

• I would say you’re entitled to a 50% of the compensation (600*0.5=300€). You had a confirmed reservation on a flight that got cancelled due to technical reasons – the airline rerouted you on a different flight, but you got to your destination with a delay of less than 3-4-6 hours (don’t remember the hours for your flight distance). In fact you arrived earlier, but I think in this case it doesn’t matter. Anyway, good luck dealing with Finnair (I’ve they’re even worse than Ib dealing with EC261 compensation).

• Barry cutters says:

I could be wrong but i don’t think you can get the compensation. The EC261 is for delays.
        you were not delayed. -i’m assuming you actually arrived at your destination 3h early?

You can argue with the airline that you received an inferior product than you paid for . but i dont think its a matter for the EC regs

• Exactly 1 hour before?? Out of luck!

EC261/2004: Article 5 Cancellation

1. In case of cancellation of a flight, the passengers concerned shall:

(c) have the right to compensation by the operating air carrier in accordance with Article 7, unless:

(iii) they are informed of the cancellation less than seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered re-routing, allowing them to depart no more than one hour before the scheduled time of departure and to reach their final destination less than two hours after the scheduled time of arrival.

• WoW got home before scheduled time and still wants a compensation?! Greed of some people is just beyond me

• Lol. It’s the ‘compensation’ culture we now live in I guess.

• I would possibly be aggrieved in that the Tier points on the Finnair flights would have been 140+80. The Finnair flight usually would be cheaper. On the BA direct flight you would get 160 TPs. In those circumstances I would be put out. But am I right in saying that Finnair would credit you with the 140+80 TPs in any event?

• Surely the point of this site is to inform, discuss and then source ways to maximize the opportunities that occasionally become available? The OP isn’t asking for the aircraft to be thrown in as part of the comp?

6. mark1980 says:

Have Virgin stopped their redemption sales? They used to pop up every quarter or so, but haven’t seen one in ages?

• Since the change to peak/off peak redemptions there’s been nothing aside from cheaper UC redemptions from Manchester to a couple destinations…

7. Looks to me like the travel dates above are for UC only. PE and E travel dates are limited to Jan/Feb.

Or am I missing something?

I was looking for PE availability over Easter…

8. O/T: Just wondering. My company reimburses me for my Amex Platinum to cover travel insurance, lounge access for European flights (so dont have to buy a business class seat) and other benefits. I also have a BA Amex Platinum. I need to buy an expensive BA flight to the US for work (c£3k in business) and want to make sure I get the Amex Platinum insurance benefits but also get the BA triple points for using my BA Amex. Can I part pay a tiny bit on my platinum amex and then pay the rest on my BA amex? Are you able to hold flights like you can part pay for the BA holidays?

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

You can pay the whole amount on the BA Amex. The insurance only requires that the purchase is made on an Amex-issued card (if the merchant accepts it).

• You can pay the whole trip with BAPP, if you have Amex Paltinum insurance it covers all your purchases on all your Amex issued cards like BAPP.
      I’ve had a similar claim and it was processed without any issue

• If you read the T&Cs of the insurance you’ll see any Amex-issued Amex is fine (BTW to avoid any confusion it’s BA Premium Plus, not Platinum)

9. I’m pretty sure when I was looking at the Virgin Atlantic website earlier in the week they were selling Boston for £339 return in economy. So this “sale” has increased the price.

10. Seem to have opened up some reward availability too, just bagged Upper rewards to MCO next May where there was none a few weeks ago

11. ankomonkey says:

OT: Wife has received an e-mail offering 250 Avios bonus for each different way to earn used between now and 17/10/17. This is from Avios rather than BA. I haven’t had it, so either targetted or staggered e-mailing. e-shops only count once in total rather than per retailer. Shell and a couple of others. Time for the minimum Tesco conversion and some Lakeland click&collect biscuits for £1-2…

• ankomonkey says:

Should have said “Shell and a couple of others are excluded”. Too much Jinro for a Friday afternoon!

12. OT but would it be a good idea if there was some clarity on when posts are promoting products, or when the links are paying commission to HfP?

• Then you could claim a share of the loot off your subscription?

• the real harry1 says:

no apologist but it seems clear that:
      hfp is open & happy to take referrals on eg credit cards
      tells us when it’spaying & when it’s a freebie for work such as reviewing hotels and lounges
      same as above for flights – will always be clear

• It shouldn’t worry you, since the reputation of this site is worth substantially more than the money we make off any particular article. I doubt we would last 5 minutes if we started promoting stuff that was absolute rubbish simply to earn a few quid.

• Money lasts a long less than reputation and far harder to earn. Cherish what you have, many “business” people will have sold their granny a dozen times over to walk a mile in your shoes..

• Just a thought as some posts are clearly ‘paid promotions’, and others ignore that there are better savings to be had by NOT using a HfP link.

Don’t confuse popular with reputation.

• No they’re not, and I am required to mark any such articles if they are (which they’re not – bar three articles for BA we did last year which were clearly marked as sponsored). Virgin is advertising with us this week so it is only fair to give the sale an editorial mention too, but we have written about every other Virgin sale for the last umpteen years too when they were not advertising.

We don’t confuse popular with reputation 🙂

13. Quite surprised VA have now sale prices for Oct/Nov on PE flights from Lon to Delhi, prices are £1100 at present, highest i ever paid is £845, usually between £550 – 650.

Will BA have a sale soon ?

14. Sorry missed the word DONT instead of now

15. Graham Walsh says:

Slight OT. Posted earlier in the week where I saved £600 by booking my VA Economy seat to SEA and back for 3 days with Amex Travel rather than Virgin direct. I knew I had no chance of an upgrade on the way out but my return ticket it was upgradable. I rang the FC and asked to upgrade on the return trip. I was only offered UC upgrade for 58k points (from my Economy ticket). Zero taxes to pay too, so I took the UC upgrade and travelled home in style and used the Revivals lounge too. Thanks again Rob.