Bits: 4500 Avios for new BAEC members in Germany, decent Virgin / Enterprise promo

News in brief:

4,500 Avios for new BAEC members in Germany

British Airways Executive Club has launched a 4,500 Avios sign-up bonus for new members in Germany.

This offer is being targeted at people via Facebook, with a view to picking up some interest from Air Berlin flyers.

The exact rules of the offer are vague.

You need to use promotional code DE2017 on this page of the Executive Club website when signing up.  You will not get any acknowledgement that the code has been accepted.

It is not clear if your account must have a German address and / or your ‘Country of Residence’ must be set to Germany.  I am guessing that it probably should be.

The Avios will not be issued immediately but will be added during November.  The closing date for the offer is not known.  Apologies for the vagueness of the details but that’s all I have!

Good Virgin / Enterprise Rent-A-Car offer

Virgin Flying Club members can earn 4x the usual number of miles when they rent a car from Enterprise this month.

The Virgin / Enterprise partnership is not hugely lucrative.  The usual earning rate is just 100 Flying Club miles per day, with a maximum of 1,200 miles per rental.  This promotion increases that to a more tempting 400 miles per day, with a very interesting 4,800 mile cap for a 12-day rental.

You must book via this special website here to earn quadruple miles.   You can learn more about the Virgin / Enterprise partnership on this page of the Virgin Atlantic site.

For short rentals, you still can’t beat the Virgin / Hertz deal of 1,000 Flying Club miles per rental.  This is what I choose as my reward whenever we rent from Hertz.

Do you know you can get a sign-up bonus on BOTH the Virgin Atlantic credit cards?
Bits: We won 3 BTJA awards!, BA drops three routes, 30000 Nectar points with their Amex card

Comments

1. habhajan says:

ba trying to pinch the air berlin client. 4.5k avios .. they could get to london but not back.. i advise they take lufthansa back,

• BA have the most direct flights per day to LHR from TXL, especially in the evenings, plus there’s a good selection to/from LCY. Eurowings bottoms out at around 5:30pm. Every time I look at flights to London I go with BA because they have the best timetable and go to the right airports.

2. Martin Kings says:

Can you sign up for a 2nd BAEC club membership with a german address and then transfer the points across.

3. Barry cutters says:

off topic , iberia.
    I have had an account for years, but no avios.
    Does the one point have to be earned and then the 90 days starts, or is it 90 days from opening and i just need to earn one point before i can immediately start using?
    want to book a flight to peru in business

• Optimus Prime says:

90 days from the moment you earn a point.

• Barry cutters says:

looks like its a cash fare via miami with AA then .
        any tips on the easiest way to earn a point to start the ball rolling?

• You sure? Is this from experience? There’s nothing documented I don’t think. I’m not too sure. But Cutters, earn a point / transfer 1k MRs and give it a go.

• Barry cutters says:

I will try and post my results. i can wait a week before booking anyway.
          don’t have any MRs at the moment , Currently in the 6 months off period.
          Whats quickest way to earn a point?

• Quickest (though not cheapest) is prob to buy some avios via Iberia.

• Sure? I would have thought it was instant if 90 days?

4. Barry cutters says:

2000 avios is 54 euro. Is there any other quick, but cheaper options?
    I’m pretty sure as soon as 1 avios hits my account i will be able to transfer the 200k i need from my BAEC,

5. OT but just to report (for a change!) decent BA and AA experience.

Flew CW LHR to JFK, new CW service was a definite improvement (plus was in 64K, always nice!). Food nicely presented, flavour decent.

Then connected on to a separately ticketed AA economy internal flight. Main Cabin Extra available as BA Gold/OW Emerald. However even better, went to Flagship check-in as quickly as we could (aided by Global Entry!) and managed to move to earlier flight, saving 3h. What was esp impressive was that even though we were only about 55 min before departure, they checked bags (which made it on the flight) then added us to standby. As Oneworld Emerald went straight to the top of standby queue and then given emergency exit seats. Free drink and snack on board. Would have been nice to have had time to see new AA Flagship Lounge too, but very impressed with how AA handled things. Felt genuine benefit from status.

6. Does anyone know how to retro claim points/miles from previous Enterprise rentals? Have searched and can’t find how to do it. Thanks.

7. Sorry OT: The wife’s BAEC account is coming up as “Sorry, you are not eligible to combine your Avios”. CMA has never been a problem before. BAEC is a household account and the Avios account is not. Anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.

• the real harry1 says:

could be various things but reported here recently that there are stricter checks on personal details between the a/cs – ie they should match more exactly than before

have a look, see if you need to amend anything then try again

• Suggest trying from the Avios end: should not make a difference, but often does.

• Tried that first and it came up with details not matching error. But BA states not eligible. I think I’ll have to persuade Mrs W to ring BA.

8. thehornets says:

O/T: Free 1,000 Marriott Rewards points TODAY for those on Twitter. Just answer today’s question (the answer is 53) and within 10 minutes you will have 1,000 points in your Marriott Rewards account.

Click here:

There is a new (easy) competition each sunday to tie in with the NFL season = at least 8,000 free Marriott points!

9. Suddenly realised I hadn’t joined my 6 year old up to the Exec club, and have an address in Germany we could use.

But I can’t sign her up without bringing her into the Household Account which means she needs same address as me – is that correct, or is there a workaround?!