Heading to Gatwick? Good MyGatwick deals including free Regus lounge access

If you have a Gatwick flight in the pipeline, or even if you are just meeting someone there, you might want to take a look at myGatwick prior to your travels.

MyGatwick is a freebies and discounts site run by the airport which few people know about.

Decent offers at present include 1 hour of free use of the Regus Business Lounge and 40% off a stay in the Yotel hotel.

Gatwick

You must enter your flight details in order to see all offers.  The site is tailored to your travel plans, showing you available offers for either the North or South Terminal after you’ve input your travel details.  It will also send you details of special tailored deals nearer the time of your flight.

If you are not flying but just picking someone up, you can scroll down and click on ‘show me today’s offers’ to see the list of available offers landside.

Landside offers can include:

Up to 16% off Official Gatwick Parking – check out their pricing here

Free ReboundTag (though this is less useful if you’re not actually flying!)

20% off Gatwick Premium Security

Various offers at WH Smith (£5 off when you spend £20 on books, buy one get one half price on Hasbro travel games)

10% off at the BLOC hotel – we reviewed the BLOC hotel here

Discounted rates on travel money

Special deals at Giraffe and Nicholas Culpeper

10% off anytime single and return on Gatwick Express

Free lounge access at Regus – you can have one hour of free access to the Business Centre lounges, which are LANDSIDE in both the North and South terminals

Over 40% off at Yotel

The Yotel offer looks great if you have a few hours in between flights and want to rest and freshen up.  For £35 you can have a standard cabin for up to 8 hours. This offer is available between 7am and 7pm.

The deals you get after entering flight information are theoretically tailored.  I think the following offers are generic and most people will get them amongst their selection. They do, however, change slightly depending on whether you’re flight is from North or South Terminal:

50% off Premium Passport Control

£10 off £100+ at Dixons Travel

£5 off £75 at World Duty Free

£10 off £150 at World Duty Free

£5 off £75 at World of Whisky

£10 off two pillows at Dixon

Free Prosecco at Cloud Spa with every treatment

£20 off at Sunglass Hut

£10 off headphones at Dixon

£5 off portable chargers at Dixon

Up to 25% off at My Lounge

Up to 25% off at No 1 Lounge

Up to 25% off Clubrooms

Various restaurant promotions

Note that the My Lounge and No 1 Lounge deals are not necessarily as generous as their current Avios promotion (click here) which costs a little more but comes with 750 Avios.

You can sign up for myGatwick at their website here.

Is the Costco TrueEarnings Amex the most generous UK travel credit card?
Credit & Charge Card Reviews (2): American Express Platinum charge card

Comments

1. Any Luton deals??

2. OT – after holiday advice. How many days is suitable for muscat? And salalah? Any other places you’d recommend going? I don’t want to drive, it’s meant to be a holiday, but don’t mind a few transfers or a tour out e.g. to Nizwa.

• New Card says:

We did 3 nights in the Shangri La Al Husan and four nights at The Chedi. Perfect mix – both beautiful properties in different ways. Did a day tour of Muscat which was fairly easy going. Highly recommended for a relaxing week away.

3. Concerto says:

Muscat? I was there for 3 days only and I can’t wait to go back. I saw a book about off-road tours there (part of a series of books, apparently) and it will give you a desire to always go back there. Amazing hiking as well. So, a week in Muscat and 2 months for the rest of the country.

4. Does the Marriott at LGW charge for parking for one night stays?

Emailed the email on their website and it bounces!

• I had the same problem with contacting the Marriott hotel in Malmo, Sweden. The email I found was for Stockholm and the phone number on the website ended up being for a taxi driver!

• I found an email! And got an answer to my question;
      reservations.courtyardgatwick@kewgreen.co.uk

£25 per night!!!!!!

And you don’t even get a free room for that price!

• Wally1976 says:

Yes it aint cheap for parking! We stayed there – I booked the meet & greet airport parking to start on the night we arrived at the hotel. You can drive into the hotel carpark for half an hour for free so I dropped off the family and luggage then drove into the airport to drop off the car and walked back to the hotel. I did see (I think on Holiday Extras) deals including a stay and parking at the Marriott but no good for us as I wanted to use points for the hotel.

5. Simon Schus says:

Hi all 🙂

I have an entirely off topic question!

Does anybody have any experience of Premium Economy on Virgin Atlantic’s A380? (Not the 787). Is it any good?

Travelled in Premium Economy on BA OpenSkies at the weekend and was impressed. However, the VS equivalent looks a little more dated and not too much of an upgrade vs. Economy on the A380 (rubbish pillow for one).

I’m hooig to be making a points booking for an overnight on IAD-LHR, and there is no BA availability in any class (apart from EI via Dublin in Y) but there is VS availability in PE.

• Simon Schus says:

*hoping, not hooing (for the record, I’m always hooing)

• virgin don’t have any A380s they cancelled the order or put it on a very long hold.

• just checked that flight and its a A330, so not the best in the fleet but PE is a good product better than WTP IMO.

• Simon Schus says:

Sorry, whoops: I meant A330 🙂 Thank you for catching that! Oh good, I had seen a few reviews and photographs showing PE on the A330 to be a little lacklustre but it is difficult to know if that is an exception or the standard.

6. I registered with myGatwick before going away last month. The offers were reasonable and I downloaded a few of the restaurant offers. But as I was there overnight to check in at 4.30 am, I ended up not bothering with anything, just used my Boots Advantage points to get a meal deal for dinner and had an early night. I loved the Yotel and would happily stay there again for an early flight.

7. PalCsaky says:

OT: vente-privee avios are back. As low as 0.71p per avios with the €10 voucher for newly opened accounts. More info on flyertalk https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1831622-avios-sale-via-vente-privee-com.html

• the real harry1 says:

yep nice & cheap 6000 Avios if you’re looking to top up

not sure what the rule is on the EUR10 voucher – presumably can’t be used on the 1x 2000 Avios offer – I bet it can be used on the 2x 2000 deal, so would actually be something like EUR30 for 4000 = 6.7p

• the real harry1 says:

0.67p

• PalCsaky says:

I used the voucher on 2×2000 avios and it went through ok at €32 for the lot. I’m not usually buying avios outright but at this price I may as well have them. The worst thing to be a couple thousand short when redeeming for a flight.