SAVE THE DATE: Head for Points Christmas Party, Tuesday 12th December

After last year’s success we are delighted to announce that we are holding another Head for Points Christmas party this year!

We are currently still in the process of finalising everything but we can announce that – as we really liked last year’s venue – we will be taking over the Dry Martini bar at the Melia White House Hotel, by Regents Park, once again.

melia-white-house

We can also announce that Qatar Airways is generously sponsoring the party.  Regular readers will know that we rate the Qatar Airways business class product very highly – especially the new Qsuite currently being introduced (photo below) which comes with its own door.  The fact that you can earn Avios and British Airways tier points when you fly with Qatar Airways, due to their membership of the oneworld alliance, is an extra bonus.

Readers have responded very positively to the Qatar Airways sales that we have covered on HFP this year and the airline was happy to give something back.

Qatar Airways Qsuite

Because we need to ensure that people who ask for tickets turn up, we will be charging for tickets again.  However, your ticket covers unlimited house wine, draught beer and soft drinks between 6pm and 8pm.  We are not making a penny from this and indeed Qatar Airways is footing the bulk of the cost (thanks!).  After 8pm, the bar will remain open for cash payments for anyone who wants to stay longer.

We will confirm the cost next week, but it is likely to be £20 per person.  We need to charge VAT this year which is why it has crept up from the £15 we charged last year.

There will also be a prize draw on the night.  We will confirm the prizes in the next few weeks – those of you who came last year will know that we gave away well over £1,500-worth of hotel rooms, points and credits.  Please get in touch at anika at headforpoints.co.uk if your company would like to donate a prize in return for some publicity on HFP and at the event itself.

Tickets will go on sale next week – we will publish full details in another article in a few days.  We will sell them in two tranches, one at the weekend, to give everyone a chance.

There will be 150 tickets available.  Last year the tickets sold out within a day – much to our relief and surprise – and we expect them to go just as quickly this year.  Please do not make any non-cancellable travel plans until you have a ticket.

We hope that as many of you as possible can come along to meet Rob and myself and to talk miles, points, credit cards and travel with other readers.  Bring a friend (but only if they are happy to talk about travel all night) or come by yourself – you won’t struggle to find someone to share your stories with.  We will have name badges this year – which will double-up as your raffle ticket – to make it easier for people to introduce themselves.  You might even win a prize!

More details next week, but pencil in the date now if you’d like to come.

REMINDER: Get exclusive benefits on luxury hotel bookings via Head for Points
Bits: BA taking 4 ex-Singapore A380's?, Virgin Trains discounts, classic video footage

Comments

1. Clarence says:

How about next years HFP party being held here in Belfast on a Friday evening. After all it’s rated the top place for a weekend

2. Following on behind says:

I went to the party last year. It was excellent and everyone was very friendly. It was great to see Rob and Anika (albeit only briefly as so many people turned up). Will definitely go again if I can grab a ticket 🙂

3. Flight booked (with points obviously). So see you there!

4. Cash bar – how do you expect us all to earn points? I kid. Looking forward to it if I can get hold of a ticket.

• Tell me about it. They want to invoice us for the bill this year – last year we put it on our Amex cards on the night!

• You might get lucky and get to put the whole thing on your Amex, much like myself when someone puts down cash for for their part of a bill 🙂

• Rob, no matter when l am sent an invoice, l always phone up and pay Amex first or MC…am sure they will accept all card payments over the phone. Hope you do get to pay that way!

5. Hey Rob – bit of a long shot, but can anything be done that will allow those of us who are geographically challenged / already have other commitments for those dates, to buy raffle tickets? 🙂

• Tricky, to be honest, because attendees won’t be paying. If it was for charity we would do it, but it isn’t.

• Shame – I love a good raffle! (never win but that’s not the point)… I see your point though 🙂

• Funny you should say that because I distinctly remember someone on here moaning that their wife had 1.2 million virgin points they weren’t using. Can’t remember who added Necker Island into the mix but it sounded like a good use of points laying around.

Rob, can you remember was it was, Rob, ROBERT!! 🙂

6. ankomonkey says:

If only somebody had a place in the sun they could donate for a week as a prize…

• Or some wine/Lego/lounge passes 😛

• I have just taken delivery of 16 Now TV boxes and would be delighted to donate some!

• I’ve got some spare ink cartridges and am happy to donate them as a prize… :))

• ankomonkey says:

I’ve got some okra and baby aubergines from Tesco that I’m happy to offer as a prize.

• I sold one of my ”1000 bonus tesco points hp cartridges” on ebay last week for nearly 14£ (standard auction)…these are still decent value

7. Londonbus says:

Last year’s party was great!

Sadly I’m now based in Riyadh so getting to it is a non-starter.

On the upside I can now at least pay cash for Club World tickets…

• the real harry1 says:

on the downside you can’t go to pubs & you’d better not brush up against somebody’s thigh by mistake 🙂

8. I missed out last year. Didn’t see the email for a few days, so hoping I won’t miss out on a ticket this year.

9. I am hosting in Leeds….. pick a date and find sponsor

10. Drolma-la says:

Out of town last year, so missed the party. In town this year but, though not suffering a terribly crowded social schedule, am already booked on the night.

11. As so many coming to this event are likely to be FlyerTalkers, would it be useful/informative if the name badges also included attendees’ FT soubriquets?

• I’d prefer not to, to be honest. Arguably we should include comment handles from here but I don’t want to do that either.

• I agree with you on this Rob. First names only though, please.

• Of course. We are also planning red dots for the ‘trade’ people in the room who will be happy to chat to anyone to plug whatever it is they do.

12. Rob, it’s the weekend so when are the tickets going to become available ? 🙂

13. What time Friday are you going to post ….? As a nurse I need to dash to see my patients but don’ t want to miss the party ! Re going on a short space of time, maybe next near choose a larger hotel so more can come !

14. James Hunt-Davies says:

Looking forward to making sure I can get a place this year!
    I’ve been a loyal member from the start and it’s brilliant to see what this website has become!